[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 1. Sep 17, 22:38

Yeah, 0 is hostile.

Threat level, you don't. (will change in future)

lostProfitssssArrgh

Post by lostProfitssssArrgh » Sat, 2. Sep 17, 05:49

@Joubarbe

Got a question and a few observations (read: opinions) for you.

1. What's the time-base for the OCV invasion global var? I'm not sure whether I changed that by mistake but it seems they haven't pestered me for longer than usual (12-36 hrs right?).

2. Some suggestions for 2.2.0:

- Easy game start (mentioned earlier) : factions don't claim single-gate Unknown Sectors. PX starter ship? (no rev. engineering, see below)
- Specialty re-rolls : either give the player a one-time choice (should come blank) or remove entirely. They're exploitable as it is (reload).
- OCV ships unavailable to the player, period. They're too OP, especially the Os. I guess that also implies removing the Kyon weapons as well.
- Don't forget about the Normal start exploit...
- Same as above wr/t research exploit.
- I have some doubts about the large OWP docking 20 fighters. That's potentially 160 fighters. I might be biased because of the Os though.

Hope this helps, and thanks again for all the fun :)
-lpa

unforged

Post by unforged » Mon, 4. Sep 17, 02:02

Trying to decide if I want to play LU with Mayhem or not, especially given that Phanon+ and Rev+ are bugged. @Joubarbe: could we get some idea of your time schedule/progress regarding 2.2.0? Not to pressure or be ******, just don't want to start a Mayhem playthrough if the update is around the corner.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 4. Sep 17, 08:19

2.2.0 is a long-term project, and I have other priorities right now. It won't happen before months.

unforged

Post by unforged » Mon, 4. Sep 17, 14:54

Joubarbe wrote:2.2.0 is a long-term project, and I have other priorities right now. It won't happen before months.
Cool. Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

edit: any chance of a patch before 2.2.0 to keep Terran/ATF allied? :P

fia168
x4

Post by fia168 » Tue, 5. Sep 17, 18:36

Did you think that you would remove all missile ships from the game? In my opinion, they have only problems.

Jeames
x3tc

Post by Jeames » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 05:03

Hi, my dock-agents (gather/supply) don't interact with my solar power plant. My energy cell source is set to the SPP, and a freighter manages to collect the energy, but it leaves me unable to automatically supply crystals. Also, I have multiple of both dock-agent types, and I constructed factories before and after without said issues. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

The save file, if of interest.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ns3xi6a5rbonuho/X01.sav

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 07:41

Jeames wrote:Hi, my dock-agents (gather/supply) don't interact with my solar power plant. My energy cell source is set to the SPP, and a freighter manages to collect the energy, but it leaves me unable to automatically supply crystals. Also, I have multiple of both dock-agent types, and I constructed factories before and after without said issues. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Stations are supplied by Station Agents. Dock Agents only manage goods in the dock.
Use the IDN for what you want.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Jeames
x3tc

Post by Jeames » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 09:09

Sirrobert wrote:
Jeames wrote:Hi, my dock-agents (gather/supply) don't interact with my solar power plant. My energy cell source is set to the SPP, and a freighter manages to collect the energy, but it leaves me unable to automatically supply crystals. Also, I have multiple of both dock-agent types, and I constructed factories before and after without said issues. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Stations are supplied by Station Agents. Dock Agents only manage goods in the dock.
Use the IDN for what you want.
The latest version uses dock-agents for supplying and collecting from stations in the same sector as the home sanctuary, and this feature works fine for every station except the SPP.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 09:21

Did you set the import/export thresholds accordingly?

@Sirrobert: local versions of IDN are now included in Mayhem.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 17:28

There is also a station setting. "set DA to ignore" or something. Check if you accidentally clicked this

Angrybiscit
x3ap

Post by Angrybiscit » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 17:56

Hey Guys,

Jumping back into this mod and I've realized there is a lot of change, Joubarbe you're amazing.

Should I try to get my old save working (from a fewish months back)? I had just finished setting up food and energy production for the starting sector.

Or should I use one of the new starts, I think I saw one that said Quickstart... but not entirely sure what that does.

Also, Is there any kind of tutorial or general info guide that someone has made for Mayhem? Just to get more familiar? obviously fine if not Im getting used to figuring out most of things on my own. How else would I be playing a Mod of Mod of a game released in 2005!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 21:04

Quickstart: you start in Bluish Snout with all omicron channel sectors discovered and a few more bucks. If you never saw that before, I strongly recommend you start a new game, especially because your old savegame seems in very early game.

Apart from the original post on the first page and the very superficial tutorial when you start with the "normal" gamestart, there is no other help.

Angrybiscit
x3ap

Post by Angrybiscit » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 22:23

Okay that actually sounds perfect.

I had previously been held up by a crash that had me starting the game over about 5 times, so i'm glad to skip the beginning.

(crash on my side, not yours :) )

Thanks!

fia168
x4

Post by fia168 » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 04:57

Can you remove all missile ships m7 or limit their number? They greatly spoil the balance.

Jeames
x3tc

Post by Jeames » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 05:52

I've tried the default 10/15% import/export for the SPP, as well as 0% each, both to no avail. I've checked whether the ignore setting was selected several times, never has been. Should I just replace the SPP and build a new one?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 00:35

Jeames wrote:I've tried the default 10/15% import/export for the SPP, as well as 0% each, both to no avail. I've checked whether the ignore setting was selected several times, never has been. Should I just replace the SPP and build a new one?
Import should in my experience be set to at least 50%. It's the threshold for when assigned ships will start looking for resources, so if you set it to zero it won't get resources until it's completely empty. 50% is an ok middle ground. Adjust when/if needed.

When it comes to export it's more about what you want to achieve, so it tend to end up being a bit of trial and error.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Jeames
x3tc

Post by Jeames » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 05:34

Zaitsev wrote:
Jeames wrote:I've tried the default 10/15% import/export for the SPP, as well as 0% each, both to no avail. I've checked whether the ignore setting was selected several times, never has been. Should I just replace the SPP and build a new one?
Import should in my experience be set to at least 50%. It's the threshold for when assigned ships will start looking for resources, so if you set it to zero it won't get resources until it's completely empty. 50% is an ok middle ground. Adjust when/if needed.

When it comes to export it's more about what you want to achieve, so it tend to end up being a bit of trial and error.
Ah, OK, I must've gotten it back to front, thanks.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 08:40

fia168 wrote:Can you remove all missile ships m7 or limit their number? They greatly spoil the balance.
No.

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 18:47

Joubarbe wrote:
fia168 wrote:Can you remove all missile ships m7 or limit their number? They greatly spoil the balance.
No.
I assume the answer to middle spam is a M7 with chaff and turrets set to missike defense.

Trying to remember if M8s have the same capability

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”