EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

Trump
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 187, 188, 189 ... 212, 213, 214  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
BugMeister

MEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Fri, 11. Aug 17, 01:19    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

- tick, tock, tick, tock.. a crocodile comes creeping..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh1FGmRcFjE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYnM08n1vao

- softly, softly catchee monkey.. Laughing

matthewfarmery

PostPosted: Fri, 11. Aug 17, 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

That will certainly rattle a few cages, least of all Trump. Sadly, I don't think this investigation is going to do much good to impeach the president before the probable cause of WW3 starts.

By the looks of it, too madmen probably will easy start WW3 at a drop of the hat. In another way, the clock is every so close to midnight now. (if you seen watchmen, you understand the clock I mean)

The problem is with Trump, I don't see him backing down, I think only his removal of him might do some good, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Dark days ahead brothers and sisters, dark days indeed.

clakclak

Location: "I am right here where I am sitting [...]. I am not anywhere else."
PostPosted: Fri, 11. Aug 17, 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Ehm what? Trump thanks Putin for cutting US diplomats: 'We want to reduce our payroll' Surprised

But has trouble enough of its own.

- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
matthewfarmery

PostPosted: Fri, 11. Aug 17, 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I think that is Trump just trying to deflect pressure away from himself and his inner circle. But I have to admit, that is just crazy talk, and from one who clearly hasn't a clue.

RegisterMe

MEDAL

PostPosted: Fri, 11. Aug 17, 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Not really, he's been slashing government spending since he got in. The State Department has been hit particularly hard. So there's a kind of logic to what he's saying even if you don't agree with the premise.

*WE WANT THE amtct BACK*

Rapier's search
UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

MEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 12. Aug 17, 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Trump thanked Putin for giving him orders? i think that says everything...

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter Wink

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help Wink
Freddy72nz

MEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 12. Aug 17, 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

matthewfarmery wrote:

By the looks of it, too madmen probably will easy start WW3 at a drop of the hat. In another way, the clock is every so close to midnight now. (if you seen watchmen, you understand the clock I mean)

Do you mean the Doomsday Clock?
http://thebulletin.org/timeline
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Clock

FYI it's been around a little longer than the comic or movie Smile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen

I remember hearing about it as a child. Alright, I'm old then Razz

Have a good one,
Freddy

matthewfarmery

PostPosted: Sun, 13. Aug 17, 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Freddy72nz wrote:
matthewfarmery wrote:

Do you mean the Doomsday Clock?
http://thebulletin.org/timeline
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Clock

FYI it's been around a little longer than the comic or movie Smile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen

I remember hearing about it as a child. Alright, I'm old then Razz

Have a good one,
Freddy

Spot on, you win a prize!!!

A imaginary lovely weekend on a dessert island somewhere!!

And I agree with the timeline, I had a feeling we would be that close.

BugMeister

MEDAL

PostPosted: Sun, 13. Aug 17, 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

this sort of thing is always worrying:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9z22tFQm-s

- communication breakdown..

matthewfarmery

PostPosted: Sun, 13. Aug 17, 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Indeed very worrying, especially in this day and age. It just shows what is wrong with the US now, and especially with a president who may or may not condone this, but in some way made this happen.

its sad to see this happening, in this century this kind of thing should be none existent, but I guess we as a species will never learn anything from our past, and just keep this kind of thing happening.

Ezarkal

PostPosted: Mon, 14. Aug 17, 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Something worth reading on the past few day's events:
https://www.gq.com/story/charlottesville-is-what-trump-promised

Mightysword

PostPosted: Mon, 14. Aug 17, 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

matthewfarmery wrote:
Indeed very worrying, especially in this day and age. It just shows what is wrong with the US now, and especially with a president who may or may not condone this, but in some way made this happen.

its sad to see this happening, in this century this kind of thing should be none existent, but I guess we as a species will never learn anything from our past, and just keep this kind of thing happening.

And it will keep happen unless people target the right cause/big elephant in the room instead of pinning the blame on a convenience scapegoat - i.e Trump.

I don't like Obama as a president because I don't believe in his ability as a president, but as far as a human being goes he's as compassionate as anyone can be (I used to say Obama is not someone I want for a boss, but someone I would want as a father-in-law), yet things like "this" also happened a lot during his presidency. You want speeches? Obama made a lot of them, really good one too, doesn't seem to help. Racial tension is high now obviously, and it may get worse under Trump, but make no mistake it was already high. The later term of Obama saw racial tension raised to the highest point since after the civic movements decade ago, who you gonna put the blame on?

Saying Trump is the reason this happens is kinda like refusing to look at the real problem, at worst, he's simply someone taking advantage of state of things. The real reason we see things like this because it has been a long time our society (and not just America but the whole world) is ran by fringe elements. Because it's severely lacking in a proper balance that nowadays the result is you simply see extremist fighting extremist, with the moderate get caught in the crossfire.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

MEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 14. Aug 17, 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

BugMeister wrote:
this sort of thing is always worrying:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9z22tFQm-s

- communication breakdown..
Quote:
This video is unavailable.
Sad

can you give a short breakdon on the Content instead?

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter Wink

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help Wink
Morkonan

PostPosted: Mon, 14. Aug 17, 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Mightysword wrote:
...Saying Trump is the reason this happens is kinda like refusing to look at the real problem, at worst, he's simply someone taking advantage of state of things. The real reason we see things like this because it has been a long time our society (and not just America but the whole world) is ran by fringe elements. Because it's severely lacking in a proper balance that nowadays the result is you simply see extremist fighting extremist, with the moderate get caught in the crossfire.

Trump took advantage of the sympathies of certain hard-right groups in order to get elected. It's no different than some "activists" (profiteers who couldn't get a real job) taking advantage of circumstances to fan the flames. Neither of these types of people care about the problem. They only care about how they can use it for themselves.

Unfortunately, a lot of politicians also do that. "Never let a crisis go to waste" is the mantra.

But, with this sort of attitude of throwing gasoline on a fire just to be there when it burns, there's little care for the people actually caught up in it.

There will always be racists and bigots. There is also "free speech." Both will continue to exist, but it's up to leaders with a moral conscience to calm the people and to act as voices of reason.

These are things that Trump is not good at. He's great at taking advantage of situations for his own benefit, but doesn't appear to have any skills when it comes down to actually acting as a "leader."

Mightysword

PostPosted: Tue, 15. Aug 17, 02:31    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Morkonan wrote:

Trump took advantage of the sympathies of certain hard-right groups in order to get elected. It's no different than some "activists" (profiteers who couldn't get a real job) taking advantage of circumstances to fan the flames. Neither of these types of people care about the problem. They only care about how they can use it for themselves.

And if people continue to believe in the narrative created by these opportunists we will stay in this circle and solve nothing (and that is from both side, if Trump represent one side, the media/activists certainly can represent the other). It can only be solved if people are willing to look at the root of the problem, but it is hard, since it's most likely require each person to look and reflect on themselves, which majority of us are really bad at. After all, it's always preferable to pin the blame on anyone but ourselves.

Quote:

Unfortunately, a lot of politicians also do that. "Never let a crisis go to waste" is the mantra.

While this is true, again it will not solve anything if you only want to believe they are the only one responsible.

Quote:

There will always be racists and bigots. There is also "free speech." Both will continue to exist, but it's up to leaders with a moral conscience to calm the people and to act as voices of reason.

These are things that Trump is not good at. He's great at taking advantage of situations for his own benefit, but doesn't appear to have any skills when it comes down to actually acting as a "leader."

And like I said, I don't see how that will help. Obama did all and probably more then what you just asked, yet the problem resurface and escalate during his term. A speech from the president or even the Pope at this point will be nothing more then empty gesture and useless formality that will do little.

Note that I am NOT pinning this problem on Obama either, in fact I don't pin it on any of our President or individuals of note. We are in this current mess because the society itself - I believe at the start of the century - created this problem, so it will down to the society to fix it. It's not a problem created by a President, it won't be fixed by a President even if Washington rises from his grave and take the office again. I'm not an atheist by any mean, but this is a good use of the saying "God can only help those who willing to help themselves".

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 187, 188, 189 ... 212, 213, 214  Next