X-Tension - Laser Tower - Current Weapon Setting

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

FrancisV

X-Tension - Laser Tower - Current Weapon Setting

Post by FrancisV » Mon, 31. Jul 17, 20:23

This might seem like a stupid question, but not knowing has bothered me since I first played the game. And yes I'm still playing this game. :o

When you're in the Laser Tower comm menu, I can't tell what weapon mode the tower is set to, because the wording is ambiguous. I don't know if the text is a status indicator or a command.

For example, in the below picture, it currently says 'Set Weaponmode: Gamma Plasma Thrower'. So does that mean that is the command, and it will SET the tower to Gamma mode? Or is that the current status and it means that's what it is currently already SET to?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgevr5blvss1gcu/tower.png

I *think* I've been setting them to beam mode, but I wouldn't really know. Maybe I've been switching them away from beam mode? :?

Almost all selectable lines in the game are actions, so based on that I assume it's the former and not a current status.

*sigh*

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Mon, 31. Jul 17, 22:57

As far as I remember, the default mode for LTs is beam gun; ie when you drop it, it's set to beam gun, which is highly favourable to GHEPT mode. If you're unsure which mode a turret is set to, either pick it up und redeploy it or find something hostile in sector an lure it near the tower to see what happens.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

FrancisV

Post by FrancisV » Mon, 31. Jul 17, 23:50

Hey Cap'n,

I've never actually seen one in action before, I don't know why I didn't think of trying to get one to shoot something.

I parked myself near a pirate station, called over my Orca and built a tower.

On default it fires as the plasma thrower. Switching it once switched it over to the beam mode. So it's the opposite of what you remembered, but you solved my question nonetheless!

Thanks for the idea! :)

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 00:27

Could've sworn it's the beam on default, but maybe I remember it from X2 - as I can't remember using turrets in XT ever and it took me a while to notice that there was a HEPT mode...
Anyway, glad I could help you.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”