NEWS: X Rebirth Virtual Reality Edition - Early Access launch, XCon 2017 and X4

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 30. Jul 17, 02:07

Skeeter wrote: I think rebirth and previous games were stuck using dx9 as devs saw no benefit to update from it [...] I presume they will be turning normal rebirth into vulkan at some point
IIRC the major problem WRT DX10+ was the MS licensing lockin (& subsequent costs etc); once focused upon OpenGL & other similar open techs this became less of a problem.

Lots of forum posts covered this back in the day.. However I may be talking thru my hat, if I had a hat :)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 30. Jul 17, 03:58

Using DX for game development and sale of said game is free AFAIK plus this seems to say it to tho not exactly official.

https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/quest ... ercial-use
i5 3570k cpu 16gb DDR3 1600mhz vega 56 8gb 32" 1440p mon

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 30. Jul 17, 07:49

JKflipflop 's youtube gives a pretty good demo of Rebirth VR ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIA1kQuN5OI

Nearly good enough for me to part with 500 credits to play.... :)

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Mon, 31. Jul 17, 03:07

Will press outlets be able to attend XCon, or is it a "fans only, no pictures" type of event?
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Mon, 31. Jul 17, 10:16

All are welcome at XCon.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

Bernd
Site Admin
Site Admin
x4

Post by Bernd » Mon, 31. Jul 17, 12:18

A5PECT wrote:Will press outlets be able to attend XCon, or is it a "fans only, no pictures" type of event?
Yes.
The exact rules we will decide.
---
-Bernd Lehahn, bernd@egosoft.com

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 00:16

BurnIt! wrote:All are welcome at XCon.
...as are any Egosoft employee welcome for hospitality should they be in the East Anglia region of the UK with a limit on 5 couples or individuals at anyone time. Must be dog, cat and horse friendly 8)

metalvenom
x4

Post by metalvenom » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 18:05

...as are any Egosoft employee welcome for hospitality should they be in the East Anglia region of the UK with a limit on 5 couples or individuals at anyone time. Must be dog, cat and horse friendly
Im from that area :P

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 19:01

metalvenom wrote: Im from that area :P
XAnglia I can see it now... My village hall would be very pleased for the business :lol:

lplates
x4

Post by lplates » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 23:33

Ancient player showing his face due to the X4 announcement.

I realise its just been announced and its probabably some way off but could you give any indication of time scale?

Is it just starting development or are you announcing because you are getting close to alpha/beta stage?

I'm not looking for a release date just an idea of when you're aiming for. Any info appreciated.

Looking forward to a true X4....bring it on!

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 03:53

Sounds very exciting, would definitely like any presentations to be recorded/streamed, Germany is a bit too far from Australia for a weekend trip :P
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Spartus
x3ap

Post by Spartus » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 05:18

Regarding buying for Rift vs Vive.

If I buy on steam, presumably using my steam credits and with supporter discount etc. does it still support the Oculus Rift inputs 100%, or is the Oculus store version for oculus and the steam store version for vive?

Also, if I buy on steam can I use with BOTH headsets (at different times of course... does it detect which one or is there a settings option to switch input method like gesture steering vs joystick steering).

elclub
x4

Post by elclub » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 11:43

Hi. Big fan of X Universe. Most played game on steam? X Rebirth :D :o

X3:AP and SPAZ are my games that are on my laptop when I travel. It’s a work laptop so have to keep low resource game, but X Rebirth is my top game at home.

When I got the email saying that X4 is a thing, man, was very happy that X universe is going to “expand” again :D, now the email from last night make me sad…:cry:

I can’t go to XCon for several reasons, mostly because I live on the middle of the Atlantic ocean and is to dam expensive to go anywhere and work, but most important is that X4 is getting some more news.

My question is if you guys are going to stream your event, do youtube videos, give some/more information to the “world” during and/or after the even? :?

Best, Club
Dream spacesims: X Universe; Elite Dangerous; Limit Theory;

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 11:52

If you read the X-News again, you will notice that at the bottom it says that there's the idea of streaming at least a part of the event online and that you will read about the Highlights of the XCon in the next X-Universe News edition. Additionally, there are press events scheduled during the Gamescom. So information about X4 should find their way to you, even if you are not able to attend the XCon. ;)
Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend and Nopileos as Kindle e-books!

elclub
x4

Post by elclub » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 12:09

X2-Illuminatus wrote:If you read the X-News again, you will notice that at the bottom it says that there's the idea of streaming at least a part of the event online and that you will read about the Highlights of the XCon in the next X-Universe News edition. Additionally, there are press events scheduled during the Gamescom. So information about X4 should find their way to you, even if you are not able to attend the XCon. ;)
What can i say :o :lol: THX . Miss that part :D

Now let Xcon begin.....

Best, Club
Dream spacesims: X Universe; Elite Dangerous; Limit Theory;

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”