[MOD] Miscellaneous IZ Combat Tweaks

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 29. Jul 17, 13:12

oh! the error messages are from the two jump actions i deactivated! so yeah, it's fine since those two actions are meant to be ignored anyway.

that was fixed a while back though. @alexalsp, are you sure you have the latest version of the mod? and where did you get it? the nexus?

edit: forgot to upload the update.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 29. Jul 17, 13:22

29.July 2017 - Miscellaneous IZ Combat Tweaks updated to v0.72

Compatibility update with XR 4.1

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 00:39

errr.... is this compatible with 4.30?

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 18:30

should. please let me know if you run into any issues.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 22:29

w.evans wrote:should. please let me know if you run into any issues.
running it under linux. Got the workshop version.

Got 3 Balor vs 2 Enemy Balor.

My balors just stood there doing nothing, that is, keeping their distance without shooting (crew maxed), I saw the messages about their optimal ranges and all that but they did nothing anyways.

1 single salvo from 1 of the enemy balor killed 1 balor instantly.
1 single salvo from another of the enemy balor practically killed another of my balors.

Added a save in case you want to check:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1emjeCA ... sp=sharing

--

I will try with the nexusmod version in case the workshop one has the supplements that change behaviour of missiles of balor which I find overkill.

Will add more here with my findings or at least if I see them fire a single salvo before they get destroyed.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 23:51

odd. thanks for the save. i'll take a look this weekend.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 15:21

more info:

later I tried the nexusmod latest version for IZ combat tweaks only (not oos) and I got the same result. Paying attention the Balors just had order "follow albion skunk" despite me selecting and ordering to attack the enemy ships repeatedly.

When I tried to set the defence officer of one of the ships to Attack instead of defend, the game locked up.
Last edited by ezra-r on Wed, 13. Dec 17, 23:56, edited 1 time in total.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 18:57

ezra-r wrote:the Balors just had order "follow albion skunk" despite me selecting and ordering to attack the enemy ships repeatedly.

When I tried to set the defence officer of one of the ships to Attack instead of defend, the game locked up.
This does help. Thanks. Sounds like my hooks into the vanilla scripts aren't landing anymore. If that's all that's wrong, should be a quick fix.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 22:13

w.evans wrote:
ezra-r wrote:the Balors just had order "follow albion skunk" despite me selecting and ordering to attack the enemy ships repeatedly.

This does help. Thanks. Sounds like my hooks into the vanilla scripts aren't landing anymore. If that's all that's wrong, should be a quick fix.
Wow, hope its that then I don't want to cause you headaches. Thanks for the support and the awesome job!

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 22:21

Ha! Thank me when i solve it. If.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 22:26

w.evans wrote:Ha! Thank me when i solve it. If.
I thank you anyways, you and the great modders of this community.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 22:36

bad news i'm afraid. was suspicious that it looked so easy. the hooks are still good, so it's something else. will have to really take the time and debug during the weekend.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 00:00

@ezra-r Quick question: did you:

1. play the game with the workshop version,
2. save the game,
3. get the nexus version,
4. then either:
4.a continue with the same save with just the nexus version installed,
4.b or (possibly worse) load the save with both (workshop and nexus) versions installed?

And did you by any chance get the CES edition of MICT from the nexus?

Just a theory.

Couldn't reproduce the hang with switching DO orders by the way, with your save. (i know i wasn't supposed to work on it now, but it itches!)

i did get "follow albion skunk" sometimes when issuing an attack order, but i think that's a vanilla thing. Usually happened when ordering them to attack while they were already attacking. Reissuing the order (after they're firmly at "follow") did get them to attack, but i'll take another look.

And regarding your first report with the Balors not firing, yeah, that's a known bug with the mod that happens sometimes. They have roughly the right orientation, but not quite good enough for a firing solution. Will see if i could improve that, but it isn't new. Issuing another order sometimes snaps them out of it by having them plot a new position and orientation. Hm. Maybe they could afford to loosen up the firing angle a bit.

Tested three times: first with my local version that i usually play around with, then with the version at steam, then with the version at the nexus.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 00:04

Wait. i just realized. linux. could you try this?

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 0266072126

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 11:25

w.evans wrote:Wait. i just realized. linux. could you try this?

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 0266072126
Thanks, will test it tonight when I can play the game, thanks for your time!!

I will tell you what I did though (I took care to not mix versions)

* First installed the workshop version. Felt the issues.
* Disabled and unsubbed the extension from the game.
* Exitted the game and deleted the extensions directory for this extension.
* Went to nexus mod and installed the IZ combat tweaks.
* Loaded a previous save with no combat ongoing.
* Tried again.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 16:03

Hi.
A question about supplement 8, the repair function, am I to understand that I can have a ship to repair fighters?
If so how do I set up a ship, say a Lyramekron, to automatically fix S and M ships?

EDIT:

... and can stations automatically repair ships that cannot normally fix themselves, like S and M class?

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 18:31

@ezra-r, Thank you for the detailed breakdown. So this last, more serious, report involves having the scripts from the workshop running on some entities, then replacing those scripts with the ones from the nexus. Think i know what's going on. Let me know if those files from the new link work.

@Brinnie, Yup. Can't remember if i implemented it for engineers on stations, but engineers working on CVs, certainly. Worked on that with Marvin Martian back in the day, and wouldn't be surprised if he has something better by now.

Requirements for setting them up as stated in the OP:
OP wrote:A MICT Repair Ship is:

- a non-combat ship (freighter, miner, CV, the disguised destroyer that is the Lyramekron)
- that is run by a MICT crew (crew requirements specified apply)
- that has Construction URVs equipped.
Details on what constitutes a MICT crew:
OP wrote:Crew Requirements:

To qualify for MICT, the crew of a ship has to consist entirely of the best of the best:

A MICT Captain has to have at least 4 stars in Leadership, Navigation, and Morale.

A MICT Engineer has to have at least 4 stars in Engineering.

A MICT Defence Officer has to have at least 4 stars in Leadership, Combat, and Morale.

Only ships whose entire crew satisfy the above requirements qualify for MICT.

ALL ships, including NPC ships, will use MICT movement if they meet these criteria.
edit: Haven't looked at that bit of code in a while but, unless i'm mistaken, they just have to see the ship that they could repair and not need any repair themselves. So any ships that need to be repaired have to be within their radar range. You could check to see if it's active by looking at the engineer's details. Should say something like "Supporting someship". They'll only repair hull though, not damaged surface elements.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 20:04

Sounds good, if it works as I am hoping it does it will give me a chance to make some use of smaller fighters which are otherwise too much hassle to bother with.

Thanks

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 00:47

Hey @w.evans I'm sure you will like to know the script seemed to run without issues now, Balors had the right attack orders, did minimjumps, manuver to escape in a quite smart fashion, etc but I do have a cuople of comments about its behaviour.

For what I see:
* Balors seem to get in possition and mini-jump to stay in range which is fine, sometimes it seems they could use their engines to pursue their enemies as they move but instead they stay still and jump when enemy gets too far. Perhaps this is intended.

But most importantly
* Balors are extremely lazy to shoot missiles (is this normal?). For instance I had 3 balors against 2 Light Suls + 1 Rahannas. Ordered the Balors to attack 1 Light Sul, they jumped into possition , stayed there without shooting missiles, re-ordered several times with no success. Then I decided to tell the defence officer of the ships to set "attack enemies" and re-issue order to Attack (F+ Attack menu), then they started shooting missiles. Is this normal?

In a later situation 2 Balors vs 1 Enemy Balor, they still had their defence officer in Attacking Enemies, but I had to reissue the Attack Order several times, later after 2 or 3 minijumps to relocate after the enemy was moving, they finally started shooting missiles.

No matter I added a save so you could check scenario if you desire:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vIfln ... n22hWP5fBF

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 01:36

Wait, so the stuff in the link i gave you worked? You could change the DO's settings fine and the ship attacked? That's good news! If you can confirm, i'll update the nexus upload.

Regarding Balors not firing much, i'll see what i could do. They fire if they're pointed towards what they're shooting at within a tolerance that can be set in the script. Sounds like they're trying to shoot a surface element or something small like that if the fire is erratic. Will check the DO and captain scripts.

Thanks again for your help!

edit: sorry, missed this.
ezra-r wrote:Then I decided to tell the defence officer of the ships to set "attack enemies" and re-issue order to Attack (F+ Attack menu), then they started shooting missiles. Is this normal?
No, they should fire as long as their ship is attacking regardless of what the DO's setting is.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”