NEWS: X Rebirth VR Edition, Updates and X4

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 14:41

The minimum requirements for XRVR will be pretty much the same as for any VR game, so roughly an i5-4590 or equivalent CPU and a GTX 970 or R9 290 GPU. The recommended requirements will be something like a i7 6700K equivalent and a GTX 1070; again, all fairly standard for VR games.

As always with our games, however, the nature of the game and its universe means that framerates will vary at times, and that CPU power is more of a factor than it is in many other games.

rpek32
x3ap

Post by rpek32 » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 14:57

any news about x4?
There is my opinion: no more egosoft games, except fully playable DEMO-VERSIONS. I want know what i paid for.

Waiting X4 for PC
[ external image ][ external image ]
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=359047&start=0 it's for L. Bernd

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 15:06

rpek32 wrote:any news about x4?
Literally two posts above yours.

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 15:10

CBJ wrote:The minimum requirements for XRVR will be pretty much the same as for any VR game, so roughly an i5-4590 or equivalent CPU and a GTX 970 or R9 290 GPU. The recommended requirements will be something like a i7 6700K equivalent and a GTX 1070; again, all fairly standard for VR games.
Thanks, excellent info. Was feeling the urge for VR again :P
CBJ wrote:As always with our games, however, the nature of the game and its universe means that framerates will vary at times, and that CPU power is more of a factor than it is in many other games.
Fully understood.

koyuka
x3

Post by koyuka » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 19:33

Not sure why they mention it on facebook before their own forum but a little bit more news here on Egosoft's facebook page.

@EGOSOFT will showcase new developments for #X4Game and #XRVR at #Gamescom2017 and at our HQ. Write to press@egosoft.com to meet us!

Also question for the developers, will X4 have some kind of VR version from release or will it be standard release followed by possible VR?

Really considering Oculus rift whilst it is reduced to £399 for the next month with controllers and this might persuade me! :D

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 20:39

CBJ wrote:
Nikola515 wrote:Will there be any info about x4 any time soon ?
That depends on your definition of "soon". If you mean in the next couple of days then probably not. If you mean in the next couple of months then probably yes; it's quite likely that there will be some more information about X4 once XRVR is firmly established in Early Access.
I was thinking more by the end of this year.... What I'm curious the most is there any consideration of X4 early access.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 21:13

koyuka wrote:Also question for the developers, will X4 have some kind of VR version from release or will it be standard release followed by possible VR?
It's too early to say, but obviously much of the work we are doing for XRVR could, theoretically at least, be carried forward. And of course the direction we take could, to some extent, be influenced by how popular XRVR turns out to be.
Nikola515 wrote:I was thinking more by the end of this year.... What I'm curious the most is there any consideration of X4 early access.
It is certainly being considered, but again it's too early to say. How Early Access works out with XRVR could also influence future direction on this.

koyuka
x3

Post by koyuka » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 22:16

Personally for me I wasn't a huge fan of X Rebirth just couldn't get into it after trying a couple of times when it first came out. I probably wouldn't buy XRVR for that reason but I would buy X4VR so I would not let the success/failure of XRVR influence your decision too heavily. I hope XRVR is succesful anyway if it fuels X4 :lol:

caleb
x3tc

Post by caleb » Wed, 26. Jul 17, 03:09

Nice to hear about X4. Was really disappointed with XR, but well, that's in the past now I guess. I just won't be pre-ordering, and will wait for some reviews/feedback before I get X4. Good luck though, here is hoping for a great game were we all win (us getting a great game, and you getting tons of sales)!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 26. Jul 17, 16:58

I think main problem of VR that can't be solved easilly is that it's extremely tiring to use it for more than 0.5-1 hour, while you can easilly play several hours with normal screen.

All X-games are the ones you play with 1+ hour and it's usually not comfortable to play in shot <1h runs.

Commander_K
x4

Post by Commander_K » Wed, 26. Jul 17, 17:23

It was already stated that XRVR is designed in such a way that you can take of your VR device at any point and keep playing on the screen (and the other way around, of course).

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 26. Jul 17, 17:51

Commander_K wrote:It was already stated that XRVR is designed in such a way that you can take of your VR device at any point and keep playing on the screen (and the other way around, of course).
While I understand such feature, it sounds bad on basic level:
"buy XR VR for VR and then take a break from VR in XR VR".
Then what is the point of having XR VR in the first place?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 26. Jul 17, 18:39

@ mr.WHO: CBJ has already explained that in this very thread here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 10:55

Is there any info on what to expect for XR 4.2 release? I mean some of the VR version will be put into the normal game, if I understood correctly.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 19:47

CBJ wrote:It is certainly being considered, but again it's too early to say. How Early Access works out with XRVR could also influence future direction on this.
Thanks for answer CBJ. All though I'm little concern about that XR VR will not do that well do to limited number of people with VR and graphic cards(hardware) that can run them. Im hoping Ego don't gets discouraged if VR don't work out as planed :(
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

koyuka
x3

Post by koyuka » Fri, 28. Jul 17, 21:38

Out of curiousity does that mean a graphics card is rendering the game for both the VR headset and a monitor seperately or does it perhaps just copy the image the left eye or right eye is seeing onto the monitor?

Arielag

Post by Arielag » Sat, 29. Jul 17, 00:56

I dont know if you guys noticed, but game is already out. I'vr played over 3 hours and its avesome.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sat, 29. Jul 17, 01:51

So in xvr can u finally punch the co pilot in the head with the vr hands for talking when she should be busy working. :D
Last edited by Skeeter on Sat, 29. Jul 17, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 29. Jul 17, 15:49

koyuka wrote:Out of curiousity does that mean a graphics card is rendering the game for both the VR headset and a monitor seperately or does it perhaps just copy the image the left eye or right eye is seeing onto the monitor?
Neither. When you have the headset on, it renders to the headset; when you take it off, it stops doing that and renders to the screen. That does, of course, depend on the hardware supporting detection of the headset being put on and taken off.

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Sun, 30. Jul 17, 00:40

Is VR headset required? I mean I get it's made for VR, but since you support plain 2D as well, can I buy it now and try it out without VR headset?

I know Steam says it requires a headset, but Steam says a lot of things...

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”