EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

X3AP war is good?
View previous topic :: View next topic
jlehtone

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 25. Jul 17, 19:32    Post subject: X3AP war is good? Reply with quote Print

Yes. I was quite at ease with the red sectors. Then a websearch (for something else) did land on a wiki page. A plot walkthrough. No big deal, except it had some disturbing text:
Quote:
Kills in the warzones have a 0.001x Race Rank modifier and a 20x War Points bonus if done in the player ship

First, I have no idea where that data comes from.
Second, I'm not sure I read it right.

I have been on the red sectors. I may have decommissioned some enemies for the purpose of becoming notorious. Now it seems that if I had slaughtered civilians elsewhere, I would have accumulated hate thousandfold. Are the warlods truly so careless, to send thousands to their deaths like it was a loss of mere couple lives?

Not fair. When I do something naughty, I want to be known for it, no matter where I do the deed. Twisted Evil

That coin has an another side too. Do I have to kill thousand to gain appreciation of the allies that elsewere a single kill will yield?

I'm sorry, for if both are true, then it is the blue sectors where I shall seek reputation -- both good and bad. That is called "saving lives". Let the nameless feast in the official fields of war that have no glory.

There are those "War Points" too. If they are manyfold in war sectors, then they surely are less outside. Why should we care? Why not maximize "the score"? In Teladi words only a fool wins a war, but the wise sells weapons while both sides still fight at even odds.

That actually relates to the websearch. The war I see seems to have "advanced" to a stage where the Valhallas are hiding. There used to be some before, but not for a while. It would be most embarrasing, if my modest quest for personal fame has scared those lumbering beasts.

Ahh well, restoring the balance of war is probably trivial: kill some more?

RAVEN.myst

PostPosted: Tue, 25. Jul 17, 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hmmm, it seems to me that regarding the "war points", the notable thing is "in the player ship" ie. non-"delegated" kills (ie. not drones, LTs, fighters, or other player-owned but not player-controlled assets.) If this is truly the case, then perhaps it actually IS possible to do a "harmless" playthrough in X3AP - until now, I had slaughtered bunches of Terran ships as a Commonwealther during the "Aid the War Effort" phase, to no avail, but if the 20X multiplier means what it seems to, then it may take some 40-50 M3 kills to get through that "with clean hands", and I'm pretty sure my patience ran out before reaching such a number (I reckon I probably made it to around 20-30 kills in total, most of them M5s and M4s, I suspect.)

So, thank you for drawing my attention to this - it gives me something definite to test in my next plauthrough. (If this does work, a 'harmless' all the way game in AP will still be fiendishly difficult compared to one in X3TC, because of the "capture a Xenon L" mission - though I'm already formulating ideas...)

Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff
jlehtone

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 25. Jul 17, 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

If you do follow the link, you will see a further detail that ought to assist you in your quest.

RAVEN.myst

PostPosted: Wed, 26. Jul 17, 07:09    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

jlehtone wrote:
If you do follow the link, you will see a further detail that ought to assist you in your quest.

Right, I see so - thanks again. If all this does mean that "delegated" kills actually do accrue points, then that other factor may somewhat mitigate the extra time taken, especially if using drones (really low hull values...) I'll be trying this out really soon Smile

Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff