Stromvik v.II

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Fisken

Stromvik v.II

Post by Fisken » Mon, 24. Jul 17, 16:10

Hi

Newbie question number two.

Is there or is someone working on a mod that allow you to rebuild captured canteran two-ware frigtrers to a Stromvik with two fighting compartments?

That's something I would like to have, but I don't know nothing about how to make mods.

Fredrik

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 24. Jul 17, 16:41

I don't know of any mods that allows you to refit a ship into something else. You might be able to find ship packs that adds the ship you want, though. There are a few in the mod list stickied to this forum. You might find other mods on Steam.
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=370788
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Mon, 24. Jul 17, 16:44

sound like my version of this ship
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=384253

Fisken

Post by Fisken » Mon, 24. Jul 17, 18:28

Thanks to both of you for those answers.

@Marvian Martian, semes like the one I'm looking for, but can you get just that ship somehow or do I have to down the whole set of them?

Fredrik

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Mon, 24. Jul 17, 22:15

you can extract the ship
you need
assets\units\size_l\units_size_l_dv_kit_new_defence_plus.xml
assets\units\size_l\macros\units_size_l_dv_kit_new_defence_plus_macro.xml
and from the entries relate to the "units_size_l_dv_kit_new_defence_plus_macro" (but you should rename your creation in case you want to change them)
index\macros.xml
index\components.xml
libraries\wares.xml
libraries\targetpoints.xml
assets\props\surfaceelements\macros\buildmodule_ships_devries_l_macro.xml

add all this into a new modfolder with an content.xml and you have your mod

in case you won't use a t-file change identification of units_size_l_dv_kit_new_defence_plus_macro into name="{20101,13301} {20106, 201}"

Fisken

Post by Fisken » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 05:22

Iiik... well that's all nice and swell of you there Marvin but as I said in my first post I know absolutely nothing about this things, I guess you have to copy and paste all of that in to a document of some sorts, but witch one, it's a tool you can find here or can I find it somewhere in my game folder?

I'm currently on my holiday so I'm not by my computer right now, it's all done from my iPhone right now, guess I can't use that one eh :wink:

This sort of things is something that I always wanted to learn but never had the head for, put a hammer in my hand and ask me to build something and I do it but this is different.

Fredrik

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”