Freight drone/lasertower problem - Spoilers in solution!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bazthebad
x3ap

Freight drone/lasertower problem - Spoilers in solution!

Post by bazthebad » Wed, 19. Jul 17, 16:23

Ive been trying to retrieve the plasma beam cannon from a lasertower i drop in space with a freight drone i bought and nothing i try has worked, i have been painfully close to both of them in space to shorten the time it takes to get the PBC and further away but not too far so that the 1 minute timer does not run down on the lasertowers initialisation process but i just cannot do it, it seems so easy on paper, drop the drone, drop the LT, order the drone to fetch the PBC and scopp both of them up but all i get is the drone crawls its way towards the LT then slows down and stops everytime, then it just turns towards my ship and docks, i absolutely give up on this one, the drone just does not want to know.

Have i done something completely wrong, has this method to gain the weapon been patched out of the game, what ?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 19. Jul 17, 17:53

No, no. Do not drop the drone. From your ship's command console (assume the drone is on your ship) Select Trade, then Transfer Via Drones, then select the LT as the target ship, then Transfer FROM Destination, then you'll see Plasma Beam Cannon, select it, enter quantity 1, then Start Transfer. Needless to say, you'll need Trade Command for this. I think it's mk2.

Your ship will be placed on autopilot while the drone goes to pick up the item and bring it to you. If it goes dumb when trying to return (it happens sometimes) manually transfer the PBC from the drone via Transporter Device, abort the Drone's orders and retrieve it personally.

If the Drone docks, remember to check your ship's cargo list to see if the PBC is onboard.

Retrieve the LT, drop and repeat for profit. I tried it just now to check if it still works, it does. At under 300m to the LT, transfer appears to be instantaneous.

bazthebad
x3ap

Post by bazthebad » Thu, 20. Jul 17, 00:03

Nice one, worked great, cheers :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”