Capping Khaak M3's

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Syn3rgy

Capping Khaak M3's

Post by Syn3rgy » Tue, 18. Jul 17, 14:45

Before posting I went through the forums to see if I could find anything on this.

I have X2 patched to 1.5 and I am trying to cap Khaak M3's

Is this still achievable in 1.5, I have read many posts that from 1.4 to 1.5 things changed and it became far more difficult?

Tried for about 30 minutes last night and killed plenty, but 0 caps.

I haven't bought the specs so this should not be a problem?

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 18. Jul 17, 22:23

I've only ever played X2 at its most patched (ie. after the last patch ever), as far as I know, and I remember getting a few Kha'ak ships, but very very few, and over multiple games and considerable play hours.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Wed, 19. Jul 17, 01:30

The point of no return is buing the kha'ak weapon and ships information (as far as I know), this somehow blocks caping Kha'ak ships most of the time.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Wed, 19. Jul 17, 01:31

You're just unlucky. It's possible to capture a Khaak M3 in X2 - and hope it still has its guns when you get it...
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 19. Jul 17, 08:08

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:The point of no return is buing the kha'ak weapon and ships information (as far as I know), this somehow blocks caping Kha'ak ships most of the time.
This is good to know, thanks - until the OP, I didn't even realise this was the case.

Cpt.Jericho wrote:You're just unlucky. It's possible to capture a Khaak M3 in X2 - and hope it still has its guns when you get it...
I remember once capturing one such in the early game - ship with some guns (and if I recall correctly, it was the guns that were the lucrative bit, yes?) - that particular playthrough was off to a highly accelerated start! :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

fig
x2

Post by fig » Wed, 19. Jul 17, 09:40

I thought it was the other way around: you can't capture the KM3, KM4 or KM5 until you've bought the Khaak information. That might be what changed in later versions. The chance of a bail is very very low though.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 20. Jul 17, 00:06

Looked it up again:
v1.4 or lesser you need the info to be able to cap kha'ak ships
v1.5 or higher you don't need it anymore, but the info still raises the required combat rank to cap a kha'ak, so it's now detrimential for capping.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”