EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

[X3LU] Mayhem 2.1.1
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
pioupes

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 17. Jul 17, 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hi guys, I'd like to compare the start of each player's game, if possible with the new game start from scratch. Then what do you do the first 10 hours of play? Me I explore and deploy sattelites and recycles the stuff dropped by the npc and the ships bailed
good game everyone on this wonderful mod Cool

Joubarbe

PostPosted: Mon, 17. Jul 17, 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hey Choucrouteman,

I sell most of the stuff I gather, scan and capture bailed ships (M3 is top priority, because I must be able to kill some TS ASAP), do some trading for reputation, gather food, conquer my first sector before the first invasion and accomplish easy company missions.

I do not make any enemies during this time, but I do so once the first wave of invasions is launched.

Building two small OWPs has been a top priority; maybe a mistake...

However, I've only started this game start once for a serious game (3 days now), and I would do otherwise if I had to restart (especially concerning my research priorities: miners and TM sooner I guess; and I would specialize my sectors right from the start).

pioupes

PostPosted: Mon, 17. Jul 17, 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yes I like Choucroute lol and you, where you come from? What is your speciality food? ^^
With the updtate OCV not attack by the gates, right? Where you build the OWPs?

Joubarbe

PostPosted: Mon, 17. Jul 17, 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Indeed the OCV does not come from the gates, but from 1 of 4 random locations. Remember that you can relocate your OWPs.

OCV always spawn at y=0.

Igor.tverd

PostPosted: Mon, 17. Jul 17, 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Joubarbe,

You have made an awesome mod, it finally makes this game complete (at least for me), but I would like to bring OCV back in their old form.
I've already moved the player start sector to Unknown Sector Alpha, how did you stop the initialization of revelation AL plug-in? I keep looking, but can't find it, thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Joubarbe

PostPosted: Tue, 18. Jul 17, 00:16    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Not possible. There are too many things linked to the changes I made to the OCV.

Besides, it would make absolutely no sense to have it back to its LUV form. They're too slow and they would be invaded in no time.

Igor.tverd

PostPosted: Tue, 18. Jul 17, 02:01    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Too bad, my universe is kind of boring: I'm -5 with everyone but Argons & Yakis and everyone is too busy with each other to invade me, was hoping for some OCV actions so I turned down the time between invasions but that didn't help. I have only 3 sectors so maybe that's why.

Also happy to report that Pirate Guild runs well with Mayhem, I set it to Insane difficulty + allow to used ADS to defend pirate bases, the PB defense force takes out the attacking task force 50% of the time, sometimes calling in an M2 or M1 for support. Yaki Armada works well as well, but I barely see them even with 10 M1, they're underpowered for Mayhem.

Any way to bring Phanom back?

kolimbo

PostPosted: Tue, 18. Jul 17, 02:49    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Betelgeuse97 wrote:
kolimbo wrote:
The laser/missile recycling is a wee hard to use if you are trying to get rid of 100s at a time. The menu shifts every time there is a new ship docking (due to ship recycling)

I think there's a workaround to that. Use a sanctuary that you don't use often and dump all the excess equipment there. Easy scrapping at that point.

Genius.

myrmidon

PostPosted: Tue, 18. Jul 17, 06:54    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I'm enjoying my week before starting my very first developer job...it is the calm before the storm and I have a fresh new Mayhem version to explore. Sweet! Also DAMN since I probably won't be able to build much past the M7 era of empire development in a single week of gaming. I imagine that I will be doing very little immersive gaming starting next Monday.

______

v2.1.0 quick impressions after 20 in-game hours. Nothing very spoiler-y follows...but skip the rest of this post if you would rather to discover this Mayhem version entirely on your own....

1. The M4 start in randomized sector is brilliant. I allowed it to affect my choice of whom to ally with. Each game can lead to very different empires since I can make localized choices as to allies/etc. I've found myself starting over just to see where the new placement leads the "space opera" meta-game.

And it definitely put time pressure on my game. I felt compelled to grab up a pair of sectors while still flying an M3 after having just claimed a junked M6!! And in fact the ticking clock led me to start my empire in a dangerous sector (one that turned out to have a fair chance to see one or two Xenon M6 or M7-led task groups passing through in a 24 hour in-game period).

Nothing like seeing a Xenon C, two Xenon Ps, and twelve fighters appear close to my Sanctuary. And me with a Toukon M6 (you know, the fast badass looking but totally undergunned Terran M6, that has OMG wow, some dual-gamma-ray cannon turrets to sprinkle shots around. Absolutely zero concentration of fire. Might as well be a luxury TS) and a half-dozen M3s.

Well I'll just let them pass through. Then the Sanctuary takes nuisance fire as the M7 passes by while I bite my nails...and I watch as my M3 wing auto-deploys and gets half-shredded before I jump the survivors away.

Ah, Mayhem. The Station Director must have panicked.

2. Tuning. What a beautiful word. Seems to be an surprisingly balanced addition as well. I've even begun to think about Marine training again. Hoorah.

3. Merci for the y/n confirmation to recycle ships.

4. Enemy traffic impacting Sanctuary operations feature: I love the idea after getting over the dictatorial annoyance. Certainly more immersive to see my people heading to battle stations rather than paying attention to whatever the freaking boss wants. "I mean, dude, *I'm* not going out there to place that station right this very minute, when there is a Xenon ship out there, close enough to see out of the window. Nuh uh!"Smile

5. It also seems that we are now limited to placing new stations in the sector of that Sanctuary that build that station? Ouch but more realistic. Certainly slowed my expansion and made an early TL look really, really good (for resource transfer to begin building in another sector).

6. Totally minor point, but when my Research station was produced, the game announcement message had the word "Terran" in it. That's a bad word in this Sohnen empire game start.

____

Some questions for fellow commanders:

1. Never built Orbital Weapons Platforms before. Do players feel that a new OWP has a good set of ranged guns already installed (for its size/expense) to perform the "area denial/draw fire/survive long enough for help to arrive" function? Or is it better to research/build the cost-equivalent ships? (I assume OWPs are already armed, once built)

2. In the first 24 game hours...how much of the galaxy do you feel compelled to place advanced satellites in? I keep wanted to map as much as I can reach due to the sweet loot/ships available for salvage. I have about 50% of the non-pirate/Xenon galaxy in view of advanced satellites.

I sometimes wonder if I'm wasting time and effort since I manually order the satellites placed *exactly* where I want them. I spend a great deal of time on mapping and local/remote sat-dropping.

thanks and happy Mayhem-ing!

Joubarbe

PostPosted: Tue, 18. Jul 17, 08:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Glad you like 2.1.0.

1. OWPs come non armed. They are cheap however, considering their potential firepower. Cost-equivalent ships are M2...
2. I see many players wanted to map all the universe ASAP. That's not what I do; I deploy satellites when I have time, and I had all the universe mapped after only ~36 hours. I guess there's no "right" way, only a player choice!

@Igor.tverd: IIRC, Pirates Guild is incompatible with LU, meaning that it will probably mess up your game at some point or at least imbalance it.
Phanon will never come back, same reasons as OCV.

Betelgeuse97

PostPosted: Tue, 18. Jul 17, 09:51    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Got a quick question: how long does it take for the first invasions to come in? That is, how long do I have before the Argon and such start claiming sectors?

hanuland

PostPosted: Tue, 18. Jul 17, 09:57    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hello, Joubarbe.

I can't see 'Combat command software MK1' on upgrade section in my sanctuary. but there is 'Combat command software MK2'.

It needs 'CCS MK1' to fighters.

Betelgeuse97

PostPosted: Tue, 18. Jul 17, 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

hanuland wrote:
Hello, Joubarbe.

I can't see 'Combat command software MK1' on upgrade section in my sanctuary. but there is 'Combat command software MK2'.

Are you making new fighters or reusing old ones? New ships come with the MK1.

hanuland

PostPosted: Tue, 18. Jul 17, 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Betelgeuse97 wrote:
hanuland wrote:
Hello, Joubarbe.

Are you making new fighters or reusing old ones? New ships come with the MK1.

I am still working on the research station.
So I can not make a new ship yet.

I was checking the equipment of some of the fighters I had picked up from the universe.
Then, I just found that there was no combat software MK1.

Joubarbe

PostPosted: Tue, 18. Jul 17, 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Indeed Sanctuaries do not provide CCS MK1. I'll fix that later.

@Betelgeuse97: 6 hours.

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122  Next