EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Xenon K Weapons (and lack thereof)
View previous topic :: View next topic
TonyEvans

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Wed, 15. Feb 17, 20:37    Post subject: Xenon K Weapons (and lack thereof) Reply with quote Print

I recently, and with MUCH pride, finally managed to cap repair and add a Xenon K to my fleet. I get it to a shipyard and I don't see any option to re-install weapons.

Is there supposed to be a mod or whatnot I can use to get weapons added to my K? I know they're not the strongest of ships, but my current biggest ship is a Light Sul, and it's pretty flimsy

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

MEDAL

PostPosted: Wed, 15. Feb 17, 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

although it is possible do board Xenon Capships in Vanilla this isnt intentional because these Ships are not supposed to be in Player Property. in fact 4.1 removes a bug regarding this. So i suggest to keep this K as kind of a Trophy Wink

Regarding your Question directly: as far as i know Xenon Capships dont have upgradeable Weapons, they always come fully equipped. so neither need nor possibility to add Weapons to it.

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter Wink

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help Wink
RodentofDoom

PostPosted: Thu, 16. Feb 17, 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Unlike hit/ma turrets which are destroyed, but the mount remains intact

when u shoot the turrets off a K .. you also destroy the mount it attached to
there is nothing to repair/replace

is my understanding of how it works

exogenesis

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Thu, 16. Feb 17, 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Eh?

all my previously captured K's got fully repaired by the engineer assigned to the K,
all weapons, hull & shields, after completely destroying them all (down to 10% hull before boarding)

Don't see why they were made 'unboardable' in latest beta patches,
this is/was a highlight of the later game...

lostboron

PostPosted: Fri, 7. Jul 17, 03:54    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I just spent an hour destroying every shield and turret of a xenon K, only to realize that the board menu was not there. Shocked

I used to board K and I in AP, and it was fun Crying or Very sad

RAVEN.myst

PostPosted: Fri, 7. Jul 17, 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

exogenesis wrote:
Don't see why they were made 'unboardable' in latest beta patches,
this is/was a highlight of the later game...

I suspect that part of the reasoning has to do with the fact that in Rebirth, your capital ships have a docking bay for shuttles (eg. Skunk), which wouldn't make much sense on a sentient ship that doesn't need crew. Likewise, this deck is where the player gets to exist while aboard a capital ship, and again this wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, on a ship that is a self-aware and self-directing entity, which would likely be a pretty densely packed arrangement of interconnected systems. To make the ship capturable yet plausibly represented, it would thus take developing a whole different interface/environment to interact with it while under the player's control - I guess this may have been deemed impractical.

At least, that's how it seems to me...

PS: While I wish it were possible to capture Xenon capitals in XR, the way it was done before being patched out was WAY too easy - I would be happy with it ONLY if it were on a similar level of challenge to how it was in X3TC/AP. Anything less cheapens the whole affair, and greatly undermines any feeling of satisfaction (well, to me, in any case.)

Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff
PowerPC603

PostPosted: Fri, 7. Jul 17, 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I hate it that they removed/fixed that bug.

It was kinda more of an additional feature to alot of players, myself included.
Now there is no reason to go hunting for a K, except for the Xenon components and other stuff you need for some craftables.

It was fun to cap a K, repair it and sell it to a shipyard for extra profit while doing a Xenon Invasion mission.

lostboron

PostPosted: Fri, 7. Jul 17, 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

RAVEN.myst wrote:
I suspect that part of the reasoning has to do with the fact that in Rebirth, your capital ships have a docking bay for shuttles (eg. Skunk), which wouldn't make much sense on a sentient ship that doesn't need crew. Likewise, this deck is where the player gets to exist while aboard a capital ship, and again this wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, on a ship that is a self-aware and self-directing entity, which would likely be a pretty densely packed arrangement of interconnected systems. To make the ship capturable yet plausibly represented, it would thus take developing a whole different interface/environment to interact with it while under the player's control - I guess this may have been deemed impractical.

Which gives me an idea: after capping a Xenon ship, you would have to modify it before being able to use the weapons or dock on it. At great cost, with special components. And the boarding difficulty should be increased, as in AP.
Because who doesn't want to cap Xenon capitals... and fly them ?

Sinxar

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 8. Jul 17, 02:15    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

lostboron wrote:

Which gives me an idea: after capping a Xenon ship, you would have to modify it before being able to use the weapons or dock on it. At great cost, with special components. And the boarding difficulty should be increased, as in AP.
Because who doesn't want to cap Xenon capitals... and fly them ?

I assumed that was the reason P's are so expensive to repair. Its like 8 mil for 50% hull, yeah no.

Vanilla Friendly TC/AP visual enhancement