X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

maxolina
x4

Post by maxolina » Sun, 4. Jun 17, 18:59

I wanna give this a try, Should I play the AP version or the TC version?

Is the AP version still "unfinished experimental" as in maybe a little buggy?

What are the advantages of each?
lol

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Sun, 4. Jun 17, 19:29

Afaik, not much work has been put into the AP version since its release. Most of the XTC dev team was not active anymore back then. Therefore I would suggest to use the TC version. Content-wise they should be identical. The only real benefits would be the improvements made between vanilla X3TC and vanilla X3AP (bigger menus, improved OOS combat etc.).
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 12. Jun 17, 20:43

In terms of gameplay features etc they are completely equal. Only difference is the changes that AP brought like the Q said.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Terran_wrath
x3ap

Post by Terran_wrath » Sun, 18. Jun 17, 17:46

I came back to the X series after years and years... I remember the great times of the XTM. All the nights I spent back then with no sleep:)

So now TC and AP it is for me to continue the series. Can't wait! :roll:

I looked into the manual for the X-Tended TC mod and found there were no M0 class ships. Are the original XTM ships still there? I loved the huge mission chains that lead to these ultimate awards in the end. Also loved the design of the Leviathan and Valhalla. Are they still in this mod?

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 19. Jun 17, 11:32

Yes - and more than that. XTM-ships (and other stuff) have become part of X3TC long ago. You can meet Tyr and Leviathan in Vanilla-X3TC.

They belong to XTC as well, they are classified as M2+; some of them play an important role in the XTC-exclusive plots. If these plots suit your expectations concerning "mission chains" you will have to decide by yourself.

[on a sidenote: consider doing "mission chains" in XTC in general without any interruption; the mission-control-system has some bugs; a simple 'incoming message' can kill mission-related guidance. Not a problem if you ignore plots. XTC does not change fundamentally without playing the various plots]

skynet500
x3ap

Post by skynet500 » Wed, 28. Jun 17, 22:59

Hello Pilots,

thanks for this great mod. Im very excited!

What about the Khaak/Xenon Invasion, when does it begin? The Khaak have only one sector and do nothing, only hang around. Once in a while the Xenon send a few Ps, but the OP shipspawn from the factions destroy everything from the Xenoninvaders in minutes. Except the weak random Khaak Spawns, nothing is going on in my universe.

Sorry for bad english and thank you in advance

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 29. Jun 17, 08:50

How long are you playing your actual XTC-game? The activity of Kha'ak, Xenon and Pirates depends on a combination of ingame-time and universum-expansion. Those parameters may be influenced/set by the player, too.

on a side note: as our mother tongue seems to be German, it might be better to continue in the German XTC-thread

skynet500
x3ap

Post by skynet500 » Thu, 29. Jun 17, 18:44

The Universe is fully expanded, i play the 22nd day. I explore every Sector, the Xenon expand only in unkown sector. Sometimes they try to attack a sector but this much too strong spawn suffocates any invasion in the bud :D If i deactivate the Shipspawn from faction, than the Xenon stop to try invade another sectors.
Maybe it also depends on the fight rank, I am ranked 25 Battlemaster.

Danke für den Hinweis, dachte ich kann hier mehr Leute erreichen :)

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 25. Aug 17, 16:19

Got me a new PC on W10, copied my previously working on my old pc X3_XTC folder on a new disc. Everythime I try to launch Steam comes in and launches vanilla TC. Why :/
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Fri, 25. Aug 17, 16:28

Use the no steam .exe

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 25. Aug 17, 16:39

Sorkvild wrote:Got me a new PC on W10, copied my previously working on my old pc X3_XTC folder on a new disc. Everythime I try to launch Steam comes in and launches vanilla TC. Why :/
Starting the game from the entry in your Steam library or the Steam.exe in your game directory always reverts back to your Steam installation. As insolent1 noted, you need to run a non-Steam .exe pointing to your new installation directory instead. The Q described in this post, how this can be achieved.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 25. Aug 17, 17:06

Thanks for the swift response guys, I though I was going to wait over the weekend for this answer ;)

Anyways the described method works, game launches as intended without Steam in a separate folder. Now I'm wondering is it safe to use 3.3 patch with XTC as I want to continue form my older save from 3.2 version. In my archives I've found zipped 3.2d executable and it works too (doesn't contain cat dat replacements). So, which one better to use 3.3 or 3.2d?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 25. Aug 17, 19:19

The changes of the 3.3 update were only minimal, so there's a good chance that your saves would still work with update 3.3. However, with such a big mod changing so many files, you can never be sure whether a change may cause unforseen problems. So to be on the safe side, I would suggest to continue using version 3.2d.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

mindw0rk2

Post by mindw0rk2 » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 00:32

Is X-Tended compatible with X3 Ressurection?

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 10:36

XTC uses their own backgrounds. While Resurrection background mod replaces existing themes only.
We want the Boron back!

Nonpluszultra
xr

Post by Nonpluszultra » Wed, 30. Aug 17, 11:37

Hello Pilots!

Can someone provide me a working download link to the Albion Prelude Experimental Version 2.2 ??

I got 404'd so far :(
kids, don't try this at home

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 30. Aug 17, 12:00

Under the second and third Working download link in the opening post you can find the experimental X3AP version.

Nonpluszultra
xr

Post by Nonpluszultra » Wed, 30. Aug 17, 12:28

My bad. I thought those referred only to XTC downloads. Big thanks!

There's another thing. I would be happy with the XTC mod but I cant get working the Scorp map with it. Maybe I have some luck with XTC:AP...

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Wed, 30. Aug 17, 13:10

The map will not work without some meddling in a text file generated by map. I never bothered with the Scorp map in XTC, but as far as I know there was a solution to fix the map although you must google it.
We want the Boron back!

Nonpluszultra
xr

Post by Nonpluszultra » Thu, 31. Aug 17, 23:28

Yes, I need an updated .xml file wich was uploaded here in the forums, sadly the download link is dead. I managed to find another one from another source but that must be for the germen version, it messed up the texts in my game.
I pm-d to the original uploader, until I get some reply I restarted the Reunion XTM.

Originally I wanted to replay the x3 storyline then I would immerse me in the expansion region. As a coincidence I just saw the announcement of X4 so this plan would work well until release.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”