Quick question re: delivery missions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 10:06

Snafu_X3 wrote:If you /click/ the mission ... the mission will spawn
Then we do agree.
Snafu_X3 wrote:I could be wrong & mission times are generated with missions upon entering the sector,
You are not wrong.
1. See that there is a mission, but not check it.
2. Save
3. Check mission (A)
4. Reload
5. Check mission (B)
Will result in different details of the mission.
The mission must first spawn for us to see it at all. Most do spawn on entry to sector, but some appear while you stay in sector. Some missions stay so long that you can exit the sector and they are still available on re-entry.

If the details would be set on mission spawn, the A and B would be identical. They are not.

You do A in fast ship and B in slow ship. Then you accept the mission (in the slow ship, having seen that B offers nice time).

I have done A and B in the same ship and still seen different details. The latter is usually less difficult, less rewarding. I don't know whether there is some mechanism to ensure easier mission by the read-reload-read-reload-read... or is it just almighty RNG. Playershiptype can affect.

It is quite sure that the details of mission (like difficulty, time) are set when we click/check/read a mission for the first time. Not before.

There can be details, like location of an assassination mark, that are set on acceptance of mission and not already on reading it.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 26. Jun 17, 06:21

Nanook wrote:
Geek.Verve wrote:Follow up question: the whole ship juggling mechanic required to complete missions seems a bit contrived....
It's only contrived if you do the ship juggling thing. I personally don't play that way and I don't see it as a requirement. If I see a mission that requires, for example, a TP, I'll call one in if I'm not currently flying it. I'll transfer to the TP and then land, accept the mission, and complete it, all while flying the TP. I personally consider the juggling act to be an exploit and not in the spirit of the game or the mission. But whether you do it or not is your call. :wink:
It's just more comfortable to put your passenger in your normal ship and send the TP back to the next power plant to refuel. If not you need to have your normal ship follow the TP as well, and the switch ships back at the target station.

OTOH I nearly always spend a lot of early game time flying a fast TP, It's just the most versatile ship for my style of game.

cu
Rainer

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Wed, 28. Jun 17, 01:58

jlehtone wrote:
Tks for your incisiveness :)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”