TC 3.3 and AP 3.2 are finally here - what's the verdict?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

vradchuk
x2

TC 3.3 and AP 3.2 are finally here - what's the verdict?

Post by vradchuk » Wed, 26. Apr 17, 05:45

It's been 4 days since the release and I still do not see any discussions here. Even "Latest Updates - patches and bonus packs (updated 18/05/13)" still says "18/05/13"...

Is there a reason to be exited? It's just a short list of fixes (of problems that I've never heard of - the games were stable for years) and no new features... Am I missing something? Will this long overdue release ignite your desire to play the game again?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: TC 3.3 and AP 3.2 are finally here - what's the verdict?

Post by CBJ » Wed, 26. Apr 17, 09:45

vradchuk wrote:Even "Latest Updates - patches and bonus packs (updated 18/05/13)" still says "18/05/13"...
Fixed. Thanks for pointing this out.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Wed, 26. Apr 17, 16:05

vradchuk wrote:It's been 4 days since the release and I still do not see any discussions here. Even "Latest Updates - patches and bonus packs (updated 18/05/13)" still says "18/05/13"...

Is there a reason to be exited? It's just a short list of fixes (of problems that I've never heard of - the games were stable for years) and no new features... Am I missing something? Will this long overdue release ignite your desire to play the game again?
Actually I was in the middle of a game when the beta started. It has some good fixes but to be super excited about it? Nah. They still haven't fixed the CAG script giving billions of credits per minute or gaining rep with goners if you use an alternate start (such as savage split where you start with goner rep to low to complete the game or if you accidentally shoot a goner ship you are screwed).

Don't know why I didn't look before but I uploaded my stats from that game. I ended up with something crazy like 148 billion credits with tons of complexes and CAGs running wild. The uplink stats don't show any of this. It shows a mere 5b in assets and 2b in my wallet.

So yeah, the uplink doesn't show your stats properly either, not sure if that is a website thing or an export thing.
Last edited by Sinxar on Wed, 14. Jun 17, 05:29, edited 1 time in total.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 11:06

CAG Script wouldn't be affected by the patch, since it's A) from the separate bonus pack, and B) from a non-egosoft author. Dig up a more current version from the Scripts and Modding forum which might fix things.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 15:37

Triaxx2 wrote:CAG Script wouldn't be affected by the patch, since it's A) from the separate bonus pack, and B) from a non-egosoft author. Dig up a more current version from the Scripts and Modding forum which might fix things.
It is fixed in new versions.

However the bonus back is provided as DLC along with the games. Why would somebody who bought the game have to come here and wade through the scripts and modding forum to find the updated script that disables achievements just to make it work properly?

It is modified and signed by Egosoft to work as part of the game. Except it doesn't work properly. It has been broken since release of AP and should have been fixed before being added to the bonus pack for it.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Fri, 12. May 17, 07:23

Sinxar wrote:Don't know why I didn't look before but I uploaded my stats from that game. I ended up with something crazy like 148 billion credits with tons of complexes and CAGs running wild. The uplink stats don't show any of this. It shows a mere 5b in assets and 2b in my wallet.
How on earth are you running such a game? Doesnt your game slow down? I can barely hit 30, 40 hours without having a drastic FPS reduction which causes the game unplayable!
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 12. May 17, 10:16

As per the reply to your similar question in the sticky thread, try with the latest version.

Vector_Gorgoth
x3ap

Post by Vector_Gorgoth » Tue, 13. Jun 17, 20:46

Nothing to write home about, sadly.

There are so many easily fixed bugs that have gone ignored, which is pretty much par for the course, from what I've observed.

And the more important but more difficult things are obviously simply never going to get fixed.

Egosoft:
-Unmodded
-Sane

Choose one and only one

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Wed, 14. Jun 17, 05:20

Klord wrote:
Sinxar wrote:Don't know why I didn't look before but I uploaded my stats from that game. I ended up with something crazy like 148 billion credits with tons of complexes and CAGs running wild. The uplink stats don't show any of this. It shows a mere 5b in assets and 2b in my wallet.
How on earth are you running such a game? Doesnt your game slow down? I can barely hit 30, 40 hours without having a drastic FPS reduction which causes the game unplayable!
Nope runs fine. Just the usual FPS drop when looking at my complexes but that has always been a thing.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 14. Jun 17, 07:44

Verdict: Someone from game design should sit down and maybe rebalance some things in the game, look at the stats of ships, missiles, lasers, economy, stock exchanges.

You can't improve gameplay experience with only code changes, you need to close exploits and tidy up the game balance too.
Where is it?

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Wed, 14. Jun 17, 08:31

delray wrote:Verdict: Someone from game design should sit down and maybe rebalance some things in the game, look at the stats of ships, missiles, lasers, economy, stock exchanges.

You can't improve gameplay experience with only code changes, you need to close exploits and tidy up the game balance too.
I agree with you. Sadly at this point I don't think they actually care. It is just too old of a game and it can't be bringing in very much money (if any). If you look at it from a dev perspective it would be a waste of time and effort to update it. Even though there is a loyal player base, we have already bought the game, if it isn't profitable then why devote resources to it?

Hopefully they are working on X4 but who knows when we'll get our hands on that, if ever.

Geek.Verve

Post by Geek.Verve » Fri, 16. Jun 17, 17:42

delray wrote:You can't improve gameplay experience with only code changes, you need to close exploits and tidy up the game balance too.
I would challenge the importance of closing exploits in a single player sandbox game.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 16. Jun 17, 18:10

With all due respect, we were not trying to make balancing changes or close exploits with this update. We had a number of fixes (such as the mission-related performance issues) that had been developed but not yet released to players, which we thought people should have. Similarly there were several things that had been fixed in X3AP where the fix could also benefit X3TC players if we released an update, so we did that too.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 16. Jun 17, 18:46

Geek.Verve wrote:
delray wrote:You can't improve gameplay experience with only code changes, you need to close exploits and tidy up the game balance too.
I would challenge the importance of closing exploits in a single player sandbox game.
I agree. And no two players will ever agree on what 'balance' constitutes in the game. The best way to 'balance' the game to an individuals liking is through scripts and mods, not foisting one persons idea of balance on the rest of the player base.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”