EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

Mega complexes vs multiple small ones
View previous topic :: View next topic
Sovereign01

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 23. May 17, 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

It all depends where you want to put your complex(es), the limiting factor for the productivity of any self-sustaining complex is the availability of Silicon and Ore.

Silicon is critical for production of energy cells and some tech items, ore is vital for making weapons. There's just handful of sectors that have both types of asteroid in abundance, thus the biggest complexes are built there.

In AP, by making nice with the Yaki (as opposed to blasting the hell out of them as I did in TC) I have access to (and built some enormous weapon complexes in) Weaver's Tempest and Savage Spur. Aldrin qualifies too but the sheer size of that sector makes bringing together the necessary asteroids hopelessly impractical. At least in vanilla anyway! Laughing

In Terran Conflict, it was my Skirnirs that brought the firepower.

In AP, it was my fleet that greeted Xenon intruders!
ajime

PostPosted: Thu, 25. May 17, 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Sovereign01 wrote:
It all depends where you want to put your complex(es), the limiting factor for the productivity of any self-sustaining complex is the availability of Silicon and Ore.

Silicon is critical for production of energy cells and some tech items, ore is vital for making weapons. There's just handful of sectors that have both types of asteroid in abundance, thus the biggest complexes are built there.

In AP, by making nice with the Yaki (as opposed to blasting the hell out of them as I did in TC) I have access to (and built some enormous weapon complexes in) Weaver's Tempest and Savage Spur. Aldrin qualifies too but the sheer size of that sector makes bringing together the necessary asteroids hopelessly impractical. At least in vanilla anyway! Laughing
Yeah i hate that and didn't setup any facs in aldrin. had 3 silicon mines in TUS3 due to the high yeild dragged them to the west gate. such a pain to hold of the east gate when Q's blew up battleships like toilet papers. Finally took some time to procure 2 tyrs to lessen the burden guarding the gate.
While I read about the beautiful complex building recently, is it just me or only boron has decent Y split horizontal / vertical fabs. Anyone got a list of factories and its node settings?