EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

Litcube's Universe
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 857, 858, 859 ... 871, 872, 873  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
TestUnknown

PostPosted: Tue, 16. May 17, 01:01    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Possible bug:
Code:

$laser.energy = get laser energy of type: laser type={Gamma Kyon Emitter}

returns 17 instead of 2,989. 17 is the laser energy for "Unused" laser and the Repair laser.

TestUnknown

PostPosted: Tue, 16. May 17, 01:16    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Does shield recharge rate depend on ship type or on the shield used? If it depends on the ship and not on the shield used, is there a custom command like the one before but returns the shield recharge rate of the ship instead of the shield?

Code:

<<RetVar>> get shield recharge rate of type: shield type=<<Var/Ware>>

Zaitsev

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 16. May 17, 07:29    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

TestUnknown wrote:
Does shield recharge rate depend on ship type or on the shield used?

Both. Since LU render all other factors irrelevant the recharge rate depends on total installed shield capacity and the ship's power generator, which varies with ship class and race of origin.

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed
Shepp

PostPosted: Tue, 16. May 17, 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

TestUnknown wrote:
Possible bug:
Code:

returns 17 instead of 2,989. 17 is the laser energy for "Unused" laser and the Repair laser.

Which script are you seeing this?

Litcube

PostPosted: Wed, 17. May 17, 00:08    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

TestUnknown wrote:
Possible bug:
Code:

Hm. Possibly a bug here.

Litcube's Universe Wiki
Blue A10

PostPosted: Fri, 19. May 17, 08:06    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Might have a bug here but I'm not sure. It could be that it's a leftover from a previous bad install/mod that affected the save. I'm sort of working on confirming it.

Bug or no, I've currently got a problem where I can get no more than 3 FPS in Legend's Home, seemingly due to some debris overpopulation. I suspect it has to do with when I had a mining fleet here for quite a while, and somehow it's causing the debris to multiply faster than tribbles, which in turn is tanking the framerate.

I just did a clean reinstall of everything and an export/import, so I'm going take several carriers loaded with miners into a debris-sparse sector and sit in SETA for a bit and see what happens.

Pind

PostPosted: Fri, 19. May 17, 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Is there a way to set where your damaged reserve fighters return to?

[EDIT] IGNORE BELOW: They do return to headquarters just display "None" in command.

When my fighters get damaged they seem to go back NEAR the headquarters, but they don't dock.

Sirrobert

PostPosted: Fri, 19. May 17, 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Don't they just go back to where ever the carrier gets new fighters?

Blue A10

PostPosted: Fri, 19. May 17, 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

http://imgur.com/a/ijxvG

In an effort to not produce an obnoxiously large(er) post on the forum, I put together an album on Imgur consisting of 15 screenshots displaying what's happening. A few of them have descriptive captions below and they're arranged in a particular order. It's sort of like a presentation.

I did not get any In Sector screenshots of my reproduced example, nor did I test the performance of that sector. I was kind of tired and assumed it would look and perform the same as Legend's Home did, plus I'd have to pull out 250+ ships. That was admittedly lazy of me, so if need be I can recreate this again and test those to be 100% sure. I have a save file from the time I started it and can just let it run for another few hours while I read a book or something.

I've seen this for a while now in my save, and always thought it was just a graphical anomaly and wouldn't really affect anything other than looking slightly odd on the sector map. It wasn't until I visited Legend's Home just recently and got hit with slideshow mode that I started thinking maybe it's a bit more serious than that.

Install Info
X3TC 3.3 and X3AP 3.2
Litcube's Universe 1.7.1 + 1.7.2 Patch
EMS 1.0.2a

GUI Installer 1.2.7
Export/Import 2.2.6
Soundtrack 1.2.1

Small Improvements and Fixes r7 "X3LU_SIaF-7-r7.exe"
That modified Cmd.Freighter you gave me last time

memeics

PostPosted: Fri, 19. May 17, 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

To me it seems logical that if through some process (in this case the mining) you get a lot more objects in a sector then when you enter the sector the game will slow down because of exhausting CPU resources (for computing collisions for example). Same reason why it would slow down if you deploy lots of lasertowers, or lots of ships or whatever.

Quote:
That modified Cmd.Freighter you gave me last time

If this is a modified Cmd.Freighter that was fixing the 32 bit integer overflow computing stock percentages for the freighter homebase, note that the fix has been included in vanilla LU for a while now (I think around 1.6.0) so you shouldn't need that.

Blue A10

PostPosted: Fri, 19. May 17, 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Makes sense to me too, I'm just not sure if the build-up of debris objects is something intended or not, and at the very least, if it's not localized to me alone, it might be a performance concern for long-term mining operations or large mining fleets.

So, this might not exactly be a 'bug,' in some sense, but I think it could very well be a problem that might need to be addressed. It's a bit different from a situation in which I can cause a massive performance drop (like deploying 250 ships at once, or also in my experience, 722 lasertowers) via choice, but then be able to easily remove the cause of the drop (destroying/docking those ships and collecting the lasertowers) and no longer have performance issues.

In this case, once a sector gets to this point, there's not really any sort of fix outside of knowing how to delete those debris via script command of some sort (which is a little over my head at the moment). So, it just continues to build until you have an unplayable sector. The only solution would be to not mobile mine at all, or keep it small and constantly shifting to different sectors. Even then, at some point you'll run out of sectors.

memeics wrote:
If this is a modified Cmd.Freighter that was fixing the 32 bit integer overflow computing stock percentages for the freighter homebase, note that the fix has been included in vanilla LU for a while now (I think around 1.6.0) so you shouldn't need that.

No, this is from about 6-7 months ago. I had a problem with freighters in somewhat of an edge case involving more Energy Cells than anyone would ever need, and Litcube graciously provided a modified Cmd.Freighter that fixed the problem. LU was 1.7.2 back then as well and hasn't been updated since, so I've kept the file around.

EDIT: Made a small script to clear all the debris from a sector. It seems obvious but I can now confirm for sure that it was the mass amounts of debris killing performance in Legend's Home. Went from 3 fps to 70-120 depending on where I'm looking. Sort of worried about what the long-term effects of removing all debris in a sector would be in case I start mobile mining again down the road. Not sure how to go about reintroducing them into a sector that originally had them, unless there's a system in place for them to respawn.

jacobsrem

PostPosted: Mon, 22. May 17, 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hey Guys,

Just wondering.... it seems in my current game OCV aren't conquering any new sectors... looks like they are sitting in their starting sector.

How long does it take before they start making their move?

Xenon-Fan

PostPosted: Mon, 22. May 17, 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

the first expansion in my game was during the 2nd ingame day. if thats too slow for you i have seen a mod that lets OCV expand faster (apparently like in an older version)

Sirrobert

PostPosted: Mon, 22. May 17, 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Xenon-Fan wrote:
the first expansion in my game was during the 2nd ingame day. if thats too slow for you i have seen a mod that lets OCV expand faster (apparently like in an older version)

Don't use that mod, it doesn't work properly according to Litcube.

Zaitsev

PostPosted: Tue, 23. May 17, 02:06    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

jacobsrem wrote:
Hey Guys,

Just wondering.... it seems in my current game OCV aren't conquering any new sectors... looks like they are sitting in their starting sector.

How long does it take before they start making their move?

In all my games the OCV start scouting Tokyo Lambda around the 18 hour mark and attack 2-3 hours later, so if you have gone past that and they're still sitting on their thumbs then something might be wrong. Try an Export/Import and see if that fix the issue.

Xenon-Fan wrote:

As Sirrobert said, Litcube announced a few weeks (months?) back that the Revelation Plus mod (and Phanon Plus) is broken and shouldn't be used. However, if anyone wants a safe way of making the OCV advance faster, use the X3 Editor 2 and expand the cargo bay of the #deca.fade. I increased max cargo to 88 units in my last game, and it made the OCV advance around one sector per ingame day for the roughly seven days I played that particular game. It's not gonna be a blitzkrieg, but it did speed them up quite noticeably.

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 857, 858, 859 ... 871, 872, 873  Next