Very excited for VR!! Please hurry!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Mon, 15. May 17, 12:07

Another two weeks and still no news. I can't play regular Rebirth anymore. I can only think "this will be SO much cooler in VR!".

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Sat, 3. Jun 17, 20:19

I've never had to beg this hard to give someone my money! Please! Please put X:VR on Early Access already! Hell, even just the pre-order!

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 4. Jun 17, 06:05

DorianEU wrote:Please don't rush with a VR release.
Mind must be faster a little bit over the body. So, you have time to rethink twice. Otherwise you will do mistake.
I agree; However, it would still be nice to have a heads up wrt if ES believe their first offering Early Access release is going to be ready by the end of June 2017... as per stated in their sticky (first half of 2017).
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

General_Failure
x3

Post by General_Failure » Sat, 10. Jun 17, 16:18

I had a lot of 'fun' in x3, but I feel it was mostly due to mods, the UI was clunky, the combat was pretty laughable, the AI couldn't shoot the broad side of a barn headed straight for them most of the time. But it was fun for me to fly lots of ships, especially big command chips and charge into battle, watching the retarded AI blow one another up until that single thread the game used for, well, everything was choking and I had to move to OOS combat, time and time again. Then X Rebirth came out and egosoft said "hurrr durrr players don't want more than 1 ship at a time" and I know I got a warning from them for calling them out on their BS /before/ it was even launched saying how insane a statement that was, it launched, it flopped, it flopped even in the modding side IMHO as I've taken a look at the mod section, rather lame mods if you ask me by comparison to X3 and it's many... expansions/iterations. Then came Star Citizen, big ships can be flown, I've flown them, I've walked inside them, and I've drooled. I've also blown them up, because sometimes crashing a starfarer into a port is funny. And on a whim, I decided to see what ol' egosoft is doing, and apparently, making a VR version of X:Should have been aborted with a coat hanger, and here I am, with a VR headset, but CIG has really spoiled me for being an open door over the last several years, allowing players to jump in, criticize, suggest, etc. And listen to the community in general. Hey EGOSOFT, you should learn from their example! Heck, even E:D had it, even if it /was/ a $250 pay-in-alpha in the beginning for spaaaace truuuckin! And yes, I have E:D too, and VR is, in fact, flipping amazing in space, and if you think it's not, you don't have VR or think it's a gimmick, even if I hate E:D for limiting players to their seats. Don't screw this one up. $60 for a rehashing of X:Rebirth and you /will/ flop again, there are VERY FEW VR players out there when you compare flat screeners, and those that have touched ED, or even hacked in TrackIR+VR into star citizen expect 'high fidelity', in other words, if your NPC's look like 300 year old hags made by a first year art student, the UI is utter garbage, be prepared to be patronized for it. Considering I can't even find a single video out on the net on X:RVR, all signs to me are in the 'gonna flop'. But I'm not worried, I have other space games already in my library, even a game like Pulsar: Lost Colony has VR now, works pretty good. And let's not forget the always fun while drunk, Star Trek: Bridge crew, again... flying capitol ships... Think it's time to drop your ego, EGOSOFT, be more humblesoft, everyone else is going ahead and doing what you refused to do in the first place! And people like me cautioned, warned until we gave up and went elsewhere. Also random note, because there is a trend in other games that give you gimbal aim, which X games have had since forever, You should also /fully/ support HOMAS as well as HOTAS. X games never really liked when I was trying to use HOMAS, so I usually had to go back to HOTAS, but after hundreds of hours of flight time with HOMAS in SC, E:D, it just works better than a stick.

My two cents, but I do look forward to reading the reviews when it launches, but I'll be damned if I'm going to shell out $60 for X:Rebirth 1.5 without some /VERY/ convincing gameplay features. And sadly steam and their 2 hour refund policy just isn't long enough to get to the heart of what's borked in an X game, no X game, ALL, X games, so it''s certainly not a day 1 buy for me. My faith was lost on November 15, 2013.

edit: I also just wanted to point out, that there is, in fact, without a doubt, a desire for a space game, with ravenous amounts of players and money to throw at a game WELL MADE. Take all the criticism that has been slung at X:Rebirth and learn from it, and something like this could be you egosoft.
[ external image ]

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Sun, 11. Jun 17, 20:10

I have a CV1 and it's a much better machine than the Vive. Better designed, lighter, better image, etc. Oh, and I don't have a Facebook account and I've yet to see any evidence that Facebook is trying to push its lifestyle/cult on me, so, frankly you're grossly overreacting.

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Mon, 12. Jun 17, 07:52

There's less than 20 days in "1H2017". I would hope that they have something to show by now if the launch window is a little over two weeks.

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Mon, 12. Jun 17, 09:28

I would like to point out that the XR: VR announcement mentioned plans for the Early Access release for the first half of 2017. "Early Access" means the game is still in an alpha or beta stage, i.e. not finished yet. You don't really have to advertise the game upfront (before the Early Access release), if you still have a whole testing phase to do so. ;)

SC and ED are totally different in that regard, as they are crowdfunded games, for which the developers first had to get money to actually start the development, which they did by selling the game or rather an idea of it upfront.
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Fri, 16. Jun 17, 03:06

Not sure what ^ that has to do with anything other than extreme pedantry. Lets go, Ego. Get that X VR out on EA already! You need to get to learn EA. You need to get to love EA. It's going to be Ego's best friend from here on out.

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Tue, 20. Jun 17, 07:05

Eleven (11) days left in 1H'17! So excited! Please let me down easy and announce youre delaying EA release if you don't think you can make it!

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 20. Jun 17, 09:58

We know you're excited but please stop bumping up the thread.

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Tue, 20. Jun 17, 10:44

Xenon_Slayer wrote:We know you're excited but please stop bumping up the thread.
OOOOOkay then. This will be the last you hear of me. Sorry to have bumped a thread on a message board. It must have cost your company great expense to repair such grievous damages, and for that you have my most sincere apologies.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 20. Jun 17, 11:18

The forum rule that discourages bumping has nothing to do with "cost" or "damages" and everything to do with preventing one person from keeping their own thread at the top of forum at the expense of everyone else's. Since you've chosen not only to ignore that rule, but also to make snarky comments in response to a moderator's polite request to adhere to it (there's a rule about discussing moderator actions too) your thread can head south permanently.

Feel free to discuss the VR version again when it's available though. :)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”