EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

(X3AP) Shady Business Unknown Sector
View previous topic :: View next topic
J.I.Gorkij

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Fri, 12. May 17, 10:59    Post subject: (X3AP) Shady Business Unknown Sector Reply with quote Print

Hello all,

I want to ask about your opinion about my idea on part of this plot.

Spoiler
I am trying to find a way, to jump to Xenon Graveyard with Acinonyx Prototype and with M7 ship I want collect engine tunings with.

I thought of docking Acinonyx to Aran just before jump and then releasing my M7 and collecting cargo. But I want to park Aran somewhere out of Xenon reach.

If I order Aran to fly about 1000 km from sector center, will spawned Xenons still try to destroy it?
Spoiler

I thought Aran with M6 (Springblossoms - they are able to catch Aran, while on ludicrous speed) is able to defend himself, but well - he was Springblossom's biggest enemy.

My English has gaps, so be kind, please
Jimmy C

PostPosted: Sun, 14. May 17, 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

You won't have to worry about Xenon attacks on the Aran for the most part. They'll be concentrating on you and you'll be flying around the Graveyard.

But you'll eventually be flying back to near where you appeared in the sector, that's when the attacks can threaten the Aran. By then, they'll be throwing capships at you and those will be a real threat to the Aran. A decent defense for this phase would be bombers.

Finally, I don't know if you've gotten far enough to notice yet, but collision boxes will make docking a real pain. You'll have to get onboard each ship and instant-dock it yourself to speed things up.

Finally, the jumpdrive only powers up for the return sequence if you're in the Acinonyx. So you can put this off by being in another ship until you're ready to leave.

J.I.Gorkij

PostPosted: Sun, 14. May 17, 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yeah, Aran is really good at fighting against your own M6 and M8... He's able to deal with your M3-5 too, sometimes...

Thats reason why I am reluctant to bring bombers with me. Aran is such shame for me :-/

Haven't realized about jumpdrive powering up - fact I can delay that by not sitting in Acinonyx.

I've finished Shady business few days ago, but I restarted to go vanilla. Must say, dealing with Xenons in Tyr (got M6 dock from mod) was much easier.

My English has gaps, so be kind, please