(X3AP) Cap ships with highest frontal firepower

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

J.I.Gorkij
x4

(X3AP) Cap ships with highest frontal firepower

Post by J.I.Gorkij » Tue, 9. May 17, 18:56

I am looking for interesting flagship (currently using Cadius's Tyr). I've read that Split Pteranodon is capable of shooting target with front and both side turrets when positioned properly.

Are there any other ships capable of that? I'm traditional Terran (in RL), so I doesn't like alien designs...
Teladi, Ferengi and Jawa enter bar.
Barman goes: "I am not buying that junk!"

AleksMain
x3tc

Re: (X3AP) Cap ships with highest frontal firepower

Post by AleksMain » Tue, 9. May 17, 19:05

X3 Wiki wrote:The Xenon I may be the most powerful M2+ in Albion Prelude. This ship's power rivals the ATF Valhalla, with massive forward firepower and massive shielding. Its introduction came concurrently with the Boron Megalodon, the Terran Kyoto and the ATF Valhalla Super Heavy Destroyers.
Front x 10
Right x 8
Left x 8
Top x 8
Bottom x 6

Rear Missile Turret: 3 Launch Tubes

If you combine Front 10*PPC, Right 8*PPC and Rear Missile Turrets ...
Last edited by AleksMain on Tue, 9. May 17, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

J.I.Gorkij
x4

Post by J.I.Gorkij » Tue, 9. May 17, 19:07

So you are saying that Xenon I can shoot three turrets at single target simultaneously?

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Tue, 9. May 17, 19:13

J.I.Gorkij wrote:So you are saying that Xenon I can shoot three turrets at single target simultaneously?
Yes, of course.
X3 Wiki wrote:In addition, the ship has incredible forward firepower, capable of bringing 10 PPCs or PSPs to bear on its front turret, backed up by the game's strongest laser generator. In addition, it is the only ship other than M7Ms capable of a Missile Barrage, which it can do with any of its compatible missiles
It can fire Front, Right and Rear Turret. I had tested it myself.

Or Front, Left and Rear Turret.

It is dependent from the location of the enemy ship.
Last edited by AleksMain on Tue, 9. May 17, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.

J.I.Gorkij
x4

Post by J.I.Gorkij » Tue, 9. May 17, 19:19

Well, i am not counting missile turret, thats what M7M are for :)

EDIT BTW there's always top/bottom turret which can shoot with others, but i am not counting them because of lack of anti cap weaponry

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Tue, 9. May 17, 19:43

AleksMain wrote:
J.I.Gorkij wrote:So you are saying that Xenon I can shoot three turrets at single target simultaneously?
Yes, of course. It can fire Front, Right and Rear Turret. I had tested it myself.
X3 Wiki wrote:In addition, the ship has incredible forward firepower, capable of bringing 10 PPCs or PSPs to bear on its front turret, backed up by the game's strongest laser generator. In addition, it is the only ship other than M7Ms capable of a Missile Barrage, which it can do with any of its compatible missiles
No it can't. Xenon I has standard design, broadisde turrets are spread out and nowhere near front of the ship so unless you are shooting a station from point blank both broadside and front turrets can't shoot one target all at the same time. Pteranodon is very narrow and broadside turrets are tilted to the front. Also front are not turrets they are main guns which can be shot while piloting(like a fighter or a corvette etc). PALC should never be shot by the player however, turrets can shoot it properly while player gets 10th of the damage at best. That's why you mount PPC as main guns on Pteranodon and PALC everywhere else. Pteranodon is the most friendly player piloted capital, night invulnerable to missiles, high speed, large docking bay, and massive frontal firepower. Since you can pilot and shoot you can start charging your PPC to full and shoot while moving towards Q and nuke it before it actually gets in shooting range..... yours and Qs.

Also just quoting something doesn't make it so. Valhalla has 8 million hull vs I's 7 million hull, 7 2 GJL shields vs I's 6, xenon I has the best shield recharge and laser recharge however, far surpassing others 21k shield vs next best thing being Kyoto at 18,720 and laser at 10,994 and Kyoto at 10,500.
Xenon I has 10 front, 8 right, 8 left, 8 top, 6 bottom for a total of 40 turrets plus 3 launch tubes which vs any capital with missile defense is next to useless. Valhalla on the other hand has 8 front, 12 right, 12 left, 10 rear, 12 top and 12 bottom for an absolutely unraveled total of 66 turrets... not enough? Valhalla can also dock 50 fighters while xenon I can dock 0, oh... and 10 medium class docking bays too.... 10 bombers for example.... or 10 hyperions.... or 10 TS ships with cargo full of drones.... take your pick. Xenon I maybe be the most powerful general destroyer but nobody can touch Valhalla. AI is dumb and player always wins... that doesn't make any one ship better or as good as as another... it just means AI is never as good as human. Statistically Valhalla is the god... and OOS it really is a god. Xenon I however is the one you can always get, unlike Valhallas.... and it is the next most powerful. Pteranodon is much easier and more pleasant to use then any other M1/M2.

Edit: After saying all that I gotta make sure I'm not recommending use of Valhalla at all. Even if I'm at the point where I'm more accurate with PSP then IBL or PPC, Valhalla is the second slowest ship in the game after Aran... to top it off it can't use gates because it is too big, you can only jump to beacons. If you have beacons yeah sure it's trivial, I drop beacon and call in my fleet which does have Valhallas in it but as personal ship... HELL NO. Pteranodon or I will offer the highest frontal damage depending on ship type. If it is something you can nuke before it is in range as in you two are going towards each other and it's you vs M7, 8 PPC can do the job before you are in 8km range. If we are talking you vs M2/M1 it's either something that can mount gauss canons on it's sides or Pteranodon.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

J.I.Gorkij
x4

Post by J.I.Gorkij » Tue, 9. May 17, 20:23

Problem is, thx to Cadius Xtra Ship Pack, Split Pteranodon is not available. And my editor experience isn't good enough to add it properly.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Wed, 10. May 17, 06:38

Cheat package. Don't leave home without it.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

J.I.Gorkij
x4

Post by J.I.Gorkij » Wed, 10. May 17, 20:41

hisazul wrote:Cheat package. Don't leave home without it.
It would help, however problem is Pteranodon isn't in game.

Now back to my original question - are there any other capital shis capable of shooting target in front of them with left, forward and right batteries at same time?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 10. May 17, 22:08

J.I.Gorkij wrote:
hisazul wrote:Cheat package. Don't leave home without it.
It would help, however problem is Pteranodon isn't in game.

Now back to my original question - are there any other capital shis capable of shooting target in front of them with left, forward and right batteries at same time?
Lets get this straight:
* Your game does not have all the ships that vanilla X3AP has
* Your game has some modded ships

You cannot expect answers about those modded ships, because you cannot assume that we know anything about that mod. Not on X Trilogy Universe Forum. The mod has a thread in the S&M Forum, doesn't it?

We don't know what vanilla ships you do have left.

That said, vanilla Split Python can bring 20 big guns on frontal target quite easily.
Boron Ray should get 24 "if flown right".
These are obviously "alien designs".
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

J.I.Gorkij
x4

Post by J.I.Gorkij » Wed, 10. May 17, 22:44

From what I see, only Pteranodon is missing...

Thats reason why I am asking which other vanilla ships does have this "frontal" ability, hoping there is such ship with human designs.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”