Huge issues with my CAG's.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dreez
x4

Huge issues with my CAG's.

Post by Dreez » Tue, 2. May 17, 15:30

Currently i have a complex set up in Savage Spur that produces all the wares that the Yaki uses in the sectors beneath,
and i appointed 3 CAG-freighters with all required upgrades.

All 3 CAG's has the complex as homebase.
The Yaki-complex is loaded with ~100mil.
All 3 CAG's has default settings.
The Yaki-complex is set to Default.

Yet the CAG's has been "flying" for me for 50 hours and hasn't upgraded their ranks once, or traded anyting with the Yaki.
I often visit all their sectors and see their stations empty on wares, but the CAG's at the Yaki-complex still sits at "standby".

I must be missing something important in the settings, but i've watched videos on YouTube how to setup
and done accordingly, but they still remain permanently "standby".

How do i setup the 3 CAG's to trade ONLY to the Yaki-stations, using both intermediate AND products?.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 2. May 17, 16:29

Could be several things:
  • 1. The level of your traders: If your CAGs are still Apprentices they will only buy resources. For selling products they have to become Couriers, and for trading with intermediate wares Traders respectively. Additionally, first as a "Trader" they will use an installed jumpdrive. Therefore if your complex is self-sufficient, your CAGs will have a hard time finding good deals. A low trading range may be a problem too.
    2. Friend/Foe settings: If Yaki are set to enemy, your traders won't trade with them. Even worse, if your ships don't have fight commands softwares installed, they might not even leave their station.
    3. Taking trainings: If your CAGs fly and trade with other stations, but do not increase their levels, make sure that the "Take training" setting (within the "Agents Settings") is turned on.

Dreez wrote:How do i setup the 3 CAG's to trade ONLY to the Yaki-stations, using both intermediate AND products?.
1. First of all get experienced traders. The CLS trick can help with that:
Hint:
If you buy the Commodity Logistics Software at the software producer's offices at the Free Argon Trading Station in Herron's Nebula, the producer tries to provide qualified personnel. If you actually start the software at the trading station you might get lucky and receive qualified pilots from the very beginning.
Despite different names, CLS and CAG share the same pilot leveling system. That means a Cargo Messenger (CLS pilot) becomes a Trader, when being employed as a CAG.

2. Make sure that Friend/Foe-Settings declare Yaki as friends.

3. Limit your traders' trading places to Yaki sectors or Yaki stations. See the Exceptions Settings.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Wed, 3. May 17, 01:38

You're in Savage Spur, so 3 jumps away from the Yaki Core sector. Can you get to that core & trade (ie dock), or d'you still lack the rank?

Your CAG pilots will almost certainly have to lvl up a bit to use their jumpdrives (it's /not/ enabled by default, nor will it auto-enable once suitably ranked, unlike UT pilots); before they do so they'll prolly prefer trading with Paranid (required rep ofc)

Good points above by X2-Ill on making sure pilots have suitable eqpt use enabled (jumpdrives etc), plus ranking for selling & self-sufficient fab issues

FWIW when I set up a Yaki supply station I usually do it in the core sector near the gate, or in SB near the S gate & shipyard. This results in less fly-time for my traders, more protection, & easy access to quick resources (I tow an ore/Si mine to my selected spot & build the plex from there; (Si for xtals to fuel the SPP - Yaki need nrg too!))
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 3. May 17, 08:55

X2-Illuminatus wrote: ...

1. First of all get experienced traders. The CLS trick can help with that:
Hint:
If you buy the Commodity Logistics Software at the software producer's offices at the Free Argon Trading Station in Herron's Nebula, the producer tries to provide qualified personnel. If you actually start the software at the trading station you might get lucky and receive qualified pilots from the very beginning.
Despite different names, CLS and CAG share the same pilot leveling system. That means a Cargo Messenger (CLS pilot) becomes a Trader, when being employed as a CAG.
If that does not seem to work:

Three helpful chunks of information in increasing spoilerness:
Spoiler
Show
1. You need to start the CLS-Software while in the Trading station. Don't start it as CAG or all is lost here :-) Afterward assign it to your station and then start CAG.
Spoiler
Show
2. You get a random level between 2 and 4. Only the Cargo Messenger (Level 4) can use his jump drive, but you need to explicitly activate the jump drive use after starting.
Spoiler
Show
3. You can save before starting CLS and reload if the level you get is too low. This does not result in a "modified", but is only exploiting the RNG.
Note that the time to reach Level 5 is still the same as from Rookie, even if you got a Level 4 CLS pilot.

cu
Rainer

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Wed, 3. May 17, 13:45

As your complex is in Savage Spur it might be lengthy to train your CLS/CAG-pilots.
I recommend to train CLS-pilots in another sector. You can use bailed M5s for that purpose, fill their cargohull with Moskitoes and make them transport 1 Energycell from an SPP to a Trading Station. They will "trade" endlessly - and level up after the necessary flying time. The leveling of CAG/CLS-pilots does not know requirements for the amount of credits/trading goods (as Trading SW MK3), but flying times. So your M5-"traders" will be well experienced in short time and you can transfer them to a fully equipped TS based at your complex in Savage Spur.

I always train a bunch of such M5-traders to have 4 or 5 fully leveled pilots at hand at any time.

(On a side note: If you combine this with a Goner Trading Station you will 'boost' your rep with the Goners, too. It is painfully slow but it works; as the only way to get better rep with the Goners as long as they are not offering missions)

peppy tails
x3tc

Post by peppy tails » Thu, 4. May 17, 07:02

Please ensure that your traders and cags do not have the yaki set to foe or they will not trade with any of their stations.
With enough mods X:Rebirth has a mildly working economy. After about 7 of each kind of auto trader sent out by me there were finally enough traders helping the universe.

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Thu, 4. May 17, 13:17

Thanks for all the replies.

I solved it by transfering the inexperienced CAG's to random Terran complexes that aren't selfsustaining
while taking CAG's from them and appointing them to the Yaki complex.

I've also setup a huge Food-complex in Neptune with 10 CAG's assigned, together with 3 sector-traders that is set to sector-trade
with 4 jumps within the Terran sectors.

So right now it's just a matter of stimulating the trades and wait for GoD to spawn the Ghould-fab i want.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Thu, 4. May 17, 17:17

Heh sounds like you had similar set up in terran space, for me terrans then decided to make their own food. Then I build weapons after which they did too... then I went for missiles... and they... you guessed it probably by now. For next dozens upon dozens of hours they kept their own economy afloat while I set up my... universal walmart aka that one station that sells every single ware in game that you can get and sell. Kind of really sad that past a few thousand stations a complex starts to lag the game even OOC.

But anyhooo! Yaki are a good faction to side with, for practical reasons anyway. Story wise they are as much of utter douchebags as argons tho. Wish AP had more Yaki pirate outposts, since normal pirates are just garbage and I'm not hampering my empire to baby sit idiots that keep trying to attack my valhallas on patrols.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”