X2 Installation Help

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ege781

X2 Installation Help

Post by Ege781 » Mon, 1. May 17, 15:15

So I just got X2 from cex (game store) because I have never played an X game before. I tried to install it but it says insert disc 2, I was only given 1 disc. I also looked in the box and there is only 1 slot for a disc. Someone help.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 1. May 17, 15:25

The original X2 had two installation disks, which suggests that the package you received is incomplete. Therefore we cannot really do much here. You will have to contact the support of the shop you bought the game from to get a replacement or to get your money back.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 1. May 17, 21:02

Might I suggest you get a really inexpensive copy from someplace like Good Old Games or Steam? Those versions have been updated to run on the latest OS's, unlike the old disk version.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 2. May 17, 02:10

IIRC, provided you have the full version (ie no discs missing) you simply reinsert the disc (& if necessary point it to the relevant directory)

To avoid tedious faffing around you can temmporarily copy the entire disk contents to a suitable directory on your HDD & install from there..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Tue, 2. May 17, 02:17

Snafu_X3 wrote:IIRC, provided you have the full version (ie no discs missing) you simply reinsert the disc (& if necessary point it to the relevant directory)

To avoid tedious faffing around you can temmporarily copy the entire disk contents to a suitable directory on your HDD & install from there..
^ It might have just been dumped onto 1 dvd but installation still works how it did back then and automatically asks for next cd.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”