No_Steam.exe Not Working?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

No_Steam.exe Not Working?

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Fri, 21. Apr 17, 02:57

I've tried to download the no_steam.exe to play Litcube's, but it gives me the regular X3AP exe instead. Is something wrong? I download the one for 3.2, and it gives me a regular AP exe.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 21. Apr 17, 03:37

The NoSteam executable has been renamed to regular x3ap.exe quite a while back. The LU instructions (and most of its installers) have been updated to reflect that. Note however that LU seems to be currently incompatible with 3.2 so you'll need to download/use the X3AP 3.1a NoSteam exe or buy/get the game from GOG (where it's already DRM free).
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Fri, 21. Apr 17, 03:45

I already have it on Steam, and played it just last year. Then my hard drive died, and I had to reinstall everything. That sucks.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 21. Apr 17, 10:20

The NoSteam.exe for X3AP 3.1a is still on the Egosoft server and can be downloaded here. If you need it for a mod installation, but already have downloaded the X3AP 3.2 update, then please note that the update does also change other gamefiles. So depending on which files the mod in question changes just using the old exe with the new gamefiles might still lead to problems.

In any way, please continue the LU specific discussion in the LU mod thread.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Dvirus
x3tc

New patch . LU not working

Post by Dvirus » Sun, 23. Apr 17, 10:43

I did install a fresh instal (from steam) but its already updeted to the last (3.2) version. But the no-steam patch is not working with LU anny more :(. Is starts the orginal game and not LU.

? Can some one help me. Thanks
It's Just a Virus

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 23. Apr 17, 10:52

Merged with existing topic about the seemingly same question. Please see what I wrote above regarding the NoSteam.exe and posting in the LU thread.

**Topics merged**
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”