X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Fri, 10. Feb 17, 21:31

So there are. I'm not using my brain it seems. Thanks X2, I think I'll use yours.

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Mon, 13. Feb 17, 03:44

Alright so I downloaded everything, XTC it's self, the 2.2 patch, the Hotfix, fresh install of X3, no old saves, not a single other mod.

And the game freezes everytime I try to alter my keys to make things more comfortable. Anyone got any ideas here or am I SOL.

Note: X3 is patched to Version 3.2. Is this the problem?

EDIT: My issue seems to be linked to changing my keyboard keys too fast, IE, faster then perhaps the game can run. Any way to solve this?

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Wed, 15. Feb 17, 17:08

@ Zircon..:
The Expansion of the Kha'ak is random. I have a game I forced the Kha'ak out of a Sector in the east and they spawned in the far west. From there they invaded (with a little help from my side ;) ) 6 Xenon sectors and continue attacking the Xenon.

In my actual game I did the same, the Kha'ak took three sectors but have no chance to invade Xenon sector 401 (?) as the Xenon have a HUGE fleet defending this sector (several I, K and J).
My helping the Kha'ak is - well - not succesful as the invading fleet is eliminated before I can eliminate the Xenon to a level the Kha'ak could win against.

After several unsuccesful attempts the AI (=Kha'ak) stops further invasions for about 24 IG-hrs.

@Stargazzer
Never heard of such a problem. But you can 'import' a working profile into your installation. If the profile doesn't work you might have an issue with a 'broken' installation.
From my experience I can tell you that some "Hot-Keys" from the BP do interfere with my "standard-Profile".

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Thu, 16. Feb 17, 01:07

If a broken install is the case then I won't play around with it, I'll just say screw it and go back to using Xtra Ships. I'll try one more time to get it working but if it doesn't, you'll here from me. :/

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Fri, 17. Feb 17, 02:14

Still having problems with the game freezing. Uninstalled X3 completely and will try again in a few days when I'm not angry at it.

Wulfs-Tear
x4

Post by Wulfs-Tear » Fri, 17. Feb 17, 17:41

Wanted to play a "bit" good old xtendet but if i try to download the newest version for albion prelude i get an 404 error not found. :cry:

Anyone still have the mod?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 17. Feb 17, 17:49

Following the last two of the three "working download links" in the opening post you can find the XTC version for X3AP.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Wulfs-Tear
x4

Post by Wulfs-Tear » Fri, 17. Feb 17, 18:05

Thank you Illuminatus. :D

I not expected it hidden in one of the links for Terran Conflict. :)
Thanks for not hitting me hard with the broad hint. :wink:

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Fri, 17. Feb 17, 18:56

So I did a completely fresh install of X3 (for the 3rd time) and properly installed Xtended and after 12 seconds of being in game the game froze completely.

Not sure if this is because of my computer or perhaps a bug that the team overlooked but regardless I'm going to do another fresh install and go back to Xtra Ships and Stations. At least that mod doesn't hate me.

If anyone has any ideas on this please let me know. Cheers

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Sat, 18. Feb 17, 00:53

well, there's the usual list of stupid questions, like 'did you put all the scripts in the right folders,' 'are you on the correct patch/using steamless install', 'do you have the bonus pack installed', 'ensure you aren't using the AP version in regular TC or vice-versa', and so on, but honestly it sounds like you're having a Weird Issue.

if you could screenshot your install progress on a fresh copy of X3 (hint: totally fine to just copy the install directory somewhere (I, haha, actually have FOUR instances of X3TC on comp for different mod setups that don't play nice with eachother, as an example) we could PROBABLY tell you if you're flubbing the install on accident.
A tinker
And maker of models

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Sat, 18. Feb 17, 23:30

Yes, all the scripts when into the correct folder. I have all of the current Xtended stuff from the links provided by X2. That included the 2.0 Xtended, the 2.2 patch, and 2.2 hotfix. The latter 2 get installed after the actual mod.

No bonus pack, never heard of it til now. I use the Gold Box version of X3TC so no need for steam. I have the correct version for TC and patch it to 3.2d, the newest patch.

Sadly I can't screenshot anything but all of the above was triple checked the first time I downloaded the mod and installed it.

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Sun, 19. Feb 17, 18:13

uh.
all you need for screenshots is an image editor (paint will do, it's just for saving) and the printscreen key, which takes a snapshot of your current screen and put it into the clipboard.

after that, it's a simple matter to paste into the image editor of your choice, save as a .jpg, and throw it up on imger or photobucket or whatever.

... actually, hmm, are you on win7/8/vista? UAC miiight be ****** with you.
A tinker
And maker of models

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Mon, 20. Feb 17, 16:17

Win 10 is what I use. Used to use 7 on my old computer,

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Mon, 20. Feb 17, 23:22

it's possible that Win10 isn't playing nice with XTC's installer- I suggest the following:
1) create dedicated XTC directory (I use "C:\TCMods\Xtended" as I run multiple mod setups, but if you have a secondary HD that's even better)
2)run ALL installers (manual patch, XTC) in admin mode (rightclick, 'run as administrator')
3)Run X3 in admin mode (same deal, alternately go into compatibility settings in the EXE's properties and check 'run as administrator')

if that fails, try running the game in compatibility mode.

TC is nearly a decade old, based on an engine that, no matter its updates, was written nearly a decade before that, and has been used across five different titles. sometimes, it just doesn't play nice with newer OS features.
A tinker
And maker of models

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Thu, 2. Mar 17, 22:22

Thanks I will try that when I get a chance.

Raider480
x4

Post by Raider480 » Thu, 30. Mar 17, 20:32

I've looked through the last few pages and I can't find anything mentioning this, but does anybody know where I could get a copy of the fixed x3_universe.xml file that corrects the default (Argon Prime) music in every sector?

I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is, but there are just so _many_ entries that it would be better to get a copy that somebody else has already made. That's especially because I know there is a good chance that I might do it incorrectly.

Vector_Gorgoth
x3ap

Post by Vector_Gorgoth » Fri, 7. Apr 17, 21:10

This mod is so unbelievably broken.

-Misalignment with firing so that projectiles don't reliably hit their target
-Randomly not being paid for missions
-Having 700k credits vanish out of account when warping between sectors (no other active ships/stations that could have consumed cash)
-"Hard" patrol missions @ Operator combat level spawning 30+ M6 ships in a sector simultaneously
-Hosed up "rebalancing" that ruins the point of a lot of vanilla ships (in order to make the new ships more special? I have no idea)

What a waste of a great idea and so much time.

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Sat, 15. Apr 17, 21:30

uh.
while I can't speak for your other issues, having not encountered any firing issues (is your auto-aim off perchance?) or vanishing credits, I seem to recall that the missions thing is actually a stock issue with MD scripts not completing correctly, and there being not a whole lot anyone could do about it.

your combat issue, OTOH, sounds like you are playing on Hard or X-tream difficulty or have otherwise adjusted the difficulty settings. I would strongly recommend checking the spawn parameters in XTC's difficulty menu.

as for the rebalanceing:it does not, in fact 'ruin the point' of any vanilla ships (though personally I'm curious about which ship/s you think are 'ruined,' since other than the weapon changes and adding fancy engine glows many vanilla ships are effectively untouched) but it does redefine a number of ships (such as the Hyperion, which is now actually a luxury yacht per its lore rather than a downright silly-overpowered fighter pretending to be a corvette) into new roles, and add in several new ship types.

the main thing is, even if the mod doesn't come out and say it straight-up, XTC is basically a sequel game that happens to use TC's engine and art assets. it actually has far more in common with the earlier X games such as X:BtF and X2, which were, I'll admit, much more difficult games.
A tinker
And maker of models

FamilieNyj
x4

Post by FamilieNyj » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 19:02

I've decided to play XTC:AP again and wanted to play it with the XTended Mod. Installation was easy and went without any problems but the AP Version has some annoying bugs and I don't know what to do anymore.

First of all, sometimes when I accept a Pirate Mission to kill another pirate (Mostly an Ex-Member who betrayed Pirate Faction X for Pirate Faction Y), the enemy Ship is called "ATF (Ship Name)" by the shipcomputer, even if its name is for example "Pirate Nova Raider", the ship computer tells me: "ATF Nova Raider and when I destroy it, my Terran Reputation drops several ranks.

But far more annoying is the bug, that my Terran Reputation resets itself from time to time. No other reputation does it, only the terran and it is annoying, because it prevents myself from achieving high ranks and buy terran ships.

I've startet a new game with another gamestart => After 2 ingame days the terran reputation resetted itself.
I've made another clean installation without my favorites Pirate Guild and Yaki Armada and started a new game => terran reputation resetted itself.
=> Fading Fame is deactivated, other mods are not installed (Okay, Sector Takeover is installed), I've installed every available Hotfix/Patch for XTended AP...nothing seems to help.

Does somebody have an idea why this is happening and what I could do?
"Man kann nicht sagen, dass sich Zivilisationen nicht weiterentwickeln - in jedem Krieg werden auf eine andere Weise Leben ausgelöscht."
(Will Rogers)

EveRohann
x3

Post by EveRohann » Fri, 2. Jun 17, 03:48

It appears the Terran are spying on you and you should just exterminate them from the universe. :twisted:

But srsly not sure about your problem there. I just reinstalled xtc on x3tc rather than ap cuz I dont think I can get the ship packs ppl made to work with ap. Hope you find the issue tho. They did say however that the ap version is experimental so it might just be some script glitch or some sort.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”