X3TC / X3AP Patch 2015

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Silverbox
x3tc

Post by Silverbox » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 00:27

I have well over 200 hours in my current X3AP game and am running various scripts like dockts and enhanced briefings along with a number of scripts installed by the plugin manager. I am scared to run the game in Steam as i'm afraid the update will remove these scripts or screw them up. Is this likely to happen?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 00:31

Silverbox wrote:I have well over 200 hours in my current X3AP game and am running various scripts like dockts and enhanced briefings along with a number of scripts installed by the plugin manager. I am scared to run the game in Steam as i'm afraid the update will remove these scripts or screw them up. Is this likely to happen?
Why don't you copy the game out of steam and play it without updating then?
You can even update after that and test to see if it still works
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Silverbox
x3tc

Post by Silverbox » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 00:36

So I can just copy the entire game from my Steam installation to somewhere else and it will run without Steam? Do I need to run the nosteam exe or something? Would that work instead?

Ovni
xr

Post by Ovni » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 04:56

Nanook wrote:Seriously? Expecting Egosoft to know exactly what changes you've made and cater to your specific changes? Unbelievable! :roll:
To be fair, if Egosoft were really serious about modding support they'd provide a well-documented upgrade path for mods between versions.

There's also the issue of Steam auto-upgrading and wrecking your saves unless you copy the game and use the no-steam .exe... that's a lot of modding pitfalls for a game that's nearly unplayable without mods.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 07:39

Ovni wrote:
Nanook wrote:Seriously? Expecting Egosoft to know exactly what changes you've made and cater to your specific changes? Unbelievable! :roll:
To be fair, if Egosoft were really serious about modding support they'd provide a well-documented upgrade path for mods between versions.

There's also the issue of Steam auto-upgrading and wrecking your saves unless you copy the game and use the no-steam .exe... that's a lot of modding pitfalls for a game that's nearly unplayable without mods.
Needing to use the no-Steam exe isn't the problem, it's the solution.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 07:46

Ovni wrote:

TBH the game is perfectly playable without mods.

But since most of the X3 players are using mods, why wasn't the NoSteam.exe updated simultaneously?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 19:25

Ovni wrote:
"well-documented upgrade path"? What does that even mean? Do you really expect Egosoft to sort through all the hundreds (or even thousands) of available mods and figure out upgrade paths? That's impossible! And especially considering that most of those mods are not even supported by their authors any more. :roll:

Technically, the "upgrade paths" are well documented, if the modders are proactive enough to play the beta versions and make sure their mods are compatible. Many of them actualy do this. However, that's simply not Egosoft's responsibility.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 19:32

Graaf wrote:But since most of the X3 players are using mods, why wasn't the NoSteam.exe updated simultaneously?
The new NoSteam.exe for X3AP 3.2 is available for download now.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Sun, 14. May 17, 22:58

Are the new patches for TC & AP out of beta?
Thanks

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 14. May 17, 23:01

The sticky https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=394686

says: "Been out since 2017-04-21."
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Mon, 15. May 17, 15:07

Thanks
I asked for clarification because the sticky does not make it clear the update is out of beta

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 15. May 17, 15:19

If it were in Beta, the sticky thread would have said so, and would have linked people to the information in the Public Beta forum to explain how to download it. If an update announcement is in this forum and doesn't do that, the update is not in Beta. :)

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Mon, 15. May 17, 19:54

Ok
Thanks guys
:)

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 16. May 17, 00:38

- I only recently installed the Bonus Pack for AP
- it was quite hard to track down via Steam..

- luckily, I'm still early in my current game..
- just reached Seizewell in my Disco..

- taking it easy, as usual..

:lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”