Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 6. Apr 17, 22:16

Almost as if this is the Universe of Litcube.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

faeria

Post by faeria » Fri, 7. Apr 17, 11:40

Hey all,

I recently started playing using Litcube's Universe but i noticed something weird (might be doing something wrong). My Mammoth can dock at my Saturn Complex but once i combine 2 Saturn complexes (or any other factory with a Saturn Complex) my Mammoth looses the ability to dock.

Is this due to the Complex Hub not being able to support the docking of a Mammoth? How can i resolve this issue?

Also had an issue with my first Cerberus (Going to love him as anti fighter). He can mount several 1 GJ shield but cannot dock at a Heavy Shielding complex to actually buy said shields :p Had to send a freighter to pick them up and use freight exchange to bring them into my Cerberus.

This seems highly unlogical but might be intended.

Thanks in advance for all the usefull replies.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Fri, 7. Apr 17, 11:55

Ships bigger than M6 can't dock at factories.
M1,M2, M7 and TL can only dock at Equipment Docks, Shipyards and HQ's.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 7. Apr 17, 12:01

Are you saying you are putting SCH's in complexes? Why would you do that?

Anyway, it's regular vanilla that capital ships can't dock at factories. SCH are the exception to this, because they are build for it.

Did you even play the vanilla before jumping onto a total conversion mod?
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

faeria

Post by faeria » Fri, 7. Apr 17, 13:54

Been years since i played X3 even before AP came out. So yes jumped in a new game with mod installed from the start. That said i know TL's etc can't dock at normal stations however since they were able to dock at a Saturn Complex i was wondering why not at a complex consisting of 2 Saturn complexes.

And for the why: Easier to collect my money. Instead of transfering from several complexes i can collect goods & money from 1.

As for not being able to dock at a factory it seemed illogical for a factory that produces goods solely used for TL's, or M1,2,7's that those ships can't dock on those factories.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 7. Apr 17, 16:29

faeria wrote:Been years since i played X3 even before AP came out. So yes jumped in a new game with mod installed from the start. That said i know TL's etc can't dock at normal stations however since they were able to dock at a Saturn Complex i was wondering why not at a complex consisting of 2 Saturn complexes.

And for the why: Easier to collect my money. Instead of transfering from several complexes i can collect goods & money from 1.

As for not being able to dock at a factory it seemed illogical for a factory that produces goods solely used for TL's, or M1,2,7's that those ships can't dock on those factories.
First of all, your TL can't dock when you put two Saturn Complex Hubs in a complex because the game will then treat it as part of a complex and disable the docking slots, leaving you with the vanilla complex hub which can't dock anything bigger than an M6

Second, the Saturn Complex Hubs are not intended to be joined in complexes, and you risk running into all kinds of trouble if you do. People have tried before and it ended badly, with cycle times and the number of units the SCH should produce that were totally out of whack being among the more prominent side effects. And inb4 "It's working just fine." Yeah. That just means errors are building up behind the scenes, and you will run into potentially gamebreaking issues later. We've seen it happen repeatedly, and now we're kind of at the point where we just go "told you it would happen." when people complain.

Third, you are aware that you can set the Saturn Complex Hubs (and any other station) to transfer funds to your account automatically, right? You can also set up couriers and freighters so they ferry everything that's produced to a central location, like an equipment dock or your PHQ, set dock agents to sell what you don't need, and collect your goods and money from said EQ dock or PHQ. It requires a bit of work to set up, but after you get everything up and running it's pretty much fire and forget.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Sun, 9. Apr 17, 09:21

Is there a way to make LU 1.7.2 work with AP 3.2 beta?

0o0o0
x3ap

Post by 0o0o0 » Fri, 14. Apr 17, 05:29

Anyone ever have a bug with the trade run buy command? Its been working great the whole game for me but now when I send my trader to purchase something it goes and buys it but it never shows up in the cargo bay. The money is taken out of my account and the trade shows up on the ships trading report but I don't get the wares. Any ideas on this?

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 14. Apr 17, 21:00

Never had that but maybe something else is happening. Usually if there was any discrepancy between the trade report and actual cargo hold it was because of illegal wares being dumped when a police happened to catch it :)
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

stryker290
x4

Post by stryker290 » Mon, 17. Apr 17, 08:54

Anyway to turn on the original storyline?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Mon, 17. Apr 17, 11:21

stryker290 wrote:Anyway to turn on the original storyline?
Yes. Uninstall the mod.
So no

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Tue, 18. Apr 17, 11:02

artisauce wrote:
BlackArchon wrote:Well if it's for legal reasons, then better not post it here. But if you think it's ok, please feel free to post it - or PM me. ;)
It's just videos. Even without the links, it's pretty easily searchable to find them. I did say somewhere in my past posts that I'll make a compilation, so here it finally is.

Feel free to suggest some other tracks.
Been about a year and 2 days. Here's an update if anyone's still interested. I've updated all links as well, as youtube tends to take down videos.

These are replacements for the combat music for X3LU. Since there's 42 slots, you can fit a lot in, and allows a fair bit of variety. These are all unranked, as it is subjective which music one prefers.

Still There From Last Version
Kof 2002 UM ost - Cutting Edge
Time Like These - TheGuitahHeroe
MoozE - Pressure
EVE Online - Akat Mountains
FTL - Cosmos (Battle)
FTL - Void (Battle)
FTL - Deepspace (Battle)
Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin! OST Vol.1 - 18 任侠狂詩曲
Unreal Tournament 2004 - Kvision - (Can't find video. It's probably in one of the community/official bonus packs or latest patch.)
Geometry Wars Retro Evolved - Theme
FTL - Engi (Battle)
FTL - Lost Ship (Battle)
Shootmania - DAY_02
Xenoblade Chronicles X OST - Uncontrollable (Instrumental)
Risk of Rain OST - Surface Tension
Iji - Organ Smash
Trackmania 2 Canyon OST - Canyon1b, Canyon2b, Canyon4b (went with the ones without the extra beats, felt more spacey.)
FTL - Hacking Malfunction (Battle)
Chain Dive - 16 - Stage 11 (Boss)
Ryu Ga Gotoku 5 - OST Vol.1 - 21 - Christmas Night Raid
Asura's Wrath - Training of Ones Past (Old video was taken down, this new is a little bit different quality wise.)
F-Zero Gx - OST - Osc-Sync Carnival (Lightning)
Black Mesa - Forget About Freeman
Squirrel Time - Pilotwings Resort
Half Life: Opposing Force - Storm
Half Life: Opposing Force - Chamber

New (Replaces Old From Last Version) -- Some Video Titles do not match titles of Official OST. Sorry.
FAST Racing Neo OST - Avalanche Valley
Nussoft - Tenga
FAST Racing Neo OST - Scorpio Circuit
Neblix - Girl From Another World
FAST Racing Neo OST - Sunahara Desert
Shootmania Storm Soundtrack - Nightly Map
Ace of Seafood OST - Food Chaine
Ace of Seafood OST - Kraken
Distant Worlds: Universe - OnTrack
Ace of Seafood OST - Counter Attack
Nussoft - Astaxanthin
Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 OST - Battle Theme (Twist Of Fate)
Eve Online - Caldari Rock
Hydelic - Rez Infinite Area X Mix ::(My own version had a fade-in at about 0:03 and a fade-out completing at about 3:37 to keep it within the combat lyrical. Can be done in Audacity pretty quick.)::

Old (Replaced by New)
EVE Online - Deadspace Track 1 (no longer found, renamed one here.)
Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin! OST Vol.1 - 34 浅葱四重奏
龍が如く極 - For Who's Sake
Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 OST - 21 - Clay Doll on The Cradle
Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin! OST Vol.1 - 23 維新ノ唄
Space Station 13 - THUNDERDOME
Blue Fire - (Seems to be deleted long ago. It's from 2011.)
Chain Dive - 06 - Stage 3-3
F-Zero GX - OST - One Ahead System (Cosmo Terminal)
龍が如く極 - Underground Battle
FTL - Slug Battle
Trauma Center Under the Knife 2- Encroaching Shadows
Ninja Gaiden - Masked Devil (Remix)
Starpoint Gemini 2 (Beta) OST - Battle Drums 1

Instructions: http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... ture_Music

Edit: Original Post: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... t=#4607789

Vollinger
x3ap

Post by Vollinger » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 20:24

leoriq wrote:Is there a way to make LU 1.7.2 work with AP 3.2 beta?
Aww, is it broken now? Saw good ol' X3 pop up in my Steam feed today but not really sure if I want to start a vanilla game…

faeria

Post by faeria » Fri, 21. Apr 17, 11:46

Greetings all,

I'm looking for the exact SHC's required for the creation of a self sustaining PHQ which will enable me to spawn M1-M2's without interruption.

Does anyone have the lay-out?

I found a lay-out somewhere but doesn't seem to add up.

Thanks in advance,

Hegbork
x4

Post by Hegbork » Fri, 21. Apr 17, 17:27

faeria wrote:Greetings all,

I'm looking for the exact SHC's required for the creation of a self sustaining PHQ which will enable me to spawn M1-M2's without interruption.

Thanks in advance,
Since a few versions ago it's balanced so that you can just build them all the same size. At size 200 I definitely can't keep up building ships all the time. But I didn't bother trying 400s, because there is another much bigger bottleneck and that is other equipment to equip them (especially missiles that I like having on everything).

faeria

Post by faeria » Fri, 21. Apr 17, 22:43

Really? That makes things a lot easier

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 21. Apr 17, 22:53

faeria wrote:Greetings all,

Thanks in advance,
As Hegbork mentioned, just build equal sized SCHs of everything. That is, if you build a size 200 SCH to produce e-cells you also need a size 200 SCH to produce teladianium, cloth rimes, rastar oil and all the other resources you need.

However, unless the rebalancing also changed that, you will need three size 400 SCHs for every resource to run the PHQ at full capacity. This does not only represent a ~40-50 billion credit investment, but you will also end up with a huge logistics headache since you can't effectively automate the process of moving the massive heaps of resources that need to be transfered to your PHQ.

Some wares with long cycle times and small yields, such as microchips can be automated, but in the case of wares with short cycle times, such as e-cells, the only viable way to move them is to park a TL at the SCH running the surplus control command, have it slurp up everything until it's full and then manually move it to your PHQ and unload it. In a worst case scenarion you will then have to micromanage some 30 TLs to keep your PHQ running at full capacity, and inbetween all that you still have to manage the rest of your empire, respond to threats, fight the Phanon and/or OCV and maybe try to squeeze in a few missions to improve your rep with a race for some reason or another. I don't know about you, but that sound like a lot of stress for me.

Last but not least, there might not be enough resources in the universe to pull this off. With just about every SCH requiring silicon and/or ore it will require humongous amounts of both, and even if you suck every sector dry it might not be enough.

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 22. Apr 17, 00:00

Zaitsev wrote:However, unless the rebalancing also changed that, you will need three size 400 SCHs for every resource to run the PHQ at full capacity. This does not only represent a ~40-50 billion credit investment, but you will also end up with a huge logistics headache since you can't effectively automate the process of moving the massive heaps of resources that need to be transfered to your PHQ.
Actually, with Joubarbe's Internal Distribution Network you could automate it.
That mod automatically ships goods in a factory, when they exceed the expert level, too a selected dock.
So as long as you have a big enough fleet of transporters (I don't actually know if you can use TLs for the IDN), you just need to add the relevant stations and it'll run automatically.

Personally I don't think I'm even going to use Freighters in my current developing empire. Just a bunch of multi-purpose transporters sounds way easier. (well I'll still use them to ship goods from my HQ to my MLCC docks. But not from SCH to HQ)

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 22. Apr 17, 03:30

Sirrobert wrote:Actually, with Joubarbe's Internal Distribution Network you could automate it.
That mod automatically ships goods in a factory, when they exceed the expert level, too a selected dock.
So as long as you have a big enough fleet of transporters (I don't actually know if you can use TLs for the IDN), you just need to add the relevant stations and it'll run automatically.

Personally I don't think I'm even going to use Freighters in my current developing empire. Just a bunch of multi-purpose transporters sounds way easier. (well I'll still use them to ship goods from my HQ to my MLCC docks. But not from SCH to HQ)
Since SCHs are deactivated in Mayhem I don't really see any reason why the IDN should work with TLs, since they can't dock with ordinary stations, but I'll leave that one for Joubarbe to answer. If they can, that's great. If not, then you need 120-130 Drakes as IDN transporters, running around just to keep wares from piling up in your SCHs, and that's if travel times are kept to an absolute minimum. I forsee a humongous clusterf%&k if the player ever wants to visit the PHQ sector ... :p

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 22. Apr 17, 10:22

Yikes.
Let's shelve that under 'theoretically possible' then :lol:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”