EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

Trump
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 211, 212, 213  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 18. Mar 17, 00:09    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Grim Lock wrote:
Santi wrote:
Grim Lock wrote:
Uhm that sessions met with a russian ambassador and lied about it is fact. And far as i can tell most are upset witht him for lying about it then going OMG TRUMP ADMINISTRATION BESTEST FRIENDS WITH RUSSIANS, BAD SICK PEOPLE!

Laughing

But does it means that Sessions was colliding with Russia to hack the Democratic Party and so gain an advantage for Trump?

As far as I know meeting with people is not a crime. And the principle of innocent until proven guilty should apply.

No but lying in a congresional hearing about meeting said people is a crime and that's what Sessions did allthough the Trump camp obviously is trying to put a spin on it. You did read the last part of my post because i already replied to what you are asking in the end of your post. Albeit in a manner that mocks Trumps elequent vocabulary.

So Sessions is being prosecuted because he lied in a Congressional hearing, justice is being done and all that isn't it?.

As far as I know Sessions has decided to isolate himself from the Russia "affair" as to no muddle the thing with a bias attitude.

And no criminal charges (so far) are being levelled against Mr. Sessions.

Again, we are lacking evidence to judge fairly.

Grim Lock

PostPosted: Sat, 18. Mar 17, 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

currently he is part of the investigation into what exactly all this contact with the russians means and im pretty sure ther will be some consequences, BUT there's more than enough info to be found and sifted through for me to have my opinion. And my opinion is that Orange-face Mctinyhands is the worst liar we've seen in office ever.

But lets put the lies to the side for a sec.

How about his rants against pretty much anyone that doesn't blindly agree with him, how about his quest to make us distrust the news more than we should distrust him. how about the silly amount of golf hes been playing even though he couldnt shut up about obama golfing back in the day, how about him hanging out in his own commercial resorts all the timr who have raised their prices since hef doing that, how about him doing what should have supposed to be a secure meeting at a table in said resort with all sorts of bystanders beeing involved, how about him introducing a healthcare plan that pretty much breaks half is promises during the campaign about said plan, and not beeing able to get his own party behind it, his failing to create a legally executable travel ban and then attacking the judges personally who are just doing their job.

the guy is simply an idiot, and even if you say (getting back to the lying) yes but they all lie the same amount, ok Trump still is so much worse and less productive at it than his predecessors that that alone is enough for me to dismiss him as a charlatan clown.

mrbadger

PostPosted: Sat, 18. Mar 17, 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Grim Lock wrote:

the guy is simply an idiot, and even if you say (getting back to the lying) yes but they all lie the same amount, ok Trump still is so much worse and less productive at it than his predecessors that that alone is enough for me to dismiss him as a charlatan clown.

You can call him a liar and an idiot, because he certainly does seem to be both those things, but you can't dismiss him, because he's the President of the US.

I must admit I find it all rather amusing, but none of his ranting and petty attempts to Twitterise international diplomacy and be a one man government are having an effect on me other than to boggle my mind a tad.

He is rather fortunate that George Carlin is dead. That guy pulled no punches. Alas he has no current peer in the comedic world that I can detect.
Maybe Iliza Shlesinger when she's been around a bit longer, maybe....

clakclak

Location: "I am right here where I am sitting [...]. I am not anywhere else."
PostPosted: Mon, 20. Mar 17, 03:21    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

mrbadger wrote:
[...]

He is rather fortunate that George Carlin is dead. That guy pulled no punches. Alas he has no current peer in the comedic world that I can detect.
Maybe Iliza Shlesinger when she's been around a bit longer, maybe....

While we are talking about satire, I am sure someone will manage to get Trump really worked up by making jokes about him (I mean more than usual). My money is on Jan Böhmermann, he already managed to get Erdogan all up in arms and caused another international incedent with Greece. He does not have the pointed humour of a George Carlin, but he is apprently willing to say pretty Mutch anything and I think Trump would find something like the Erdogan poem way more annoying than actual clever satire.

But has trouble enough of its own.

- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
RegisterMe

MEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 20. Mar 17, 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Today's Congressional hearing should be interesting.

*WE WANT THE amtct BACK*

Rapier's search
Bishop149

PostPosted: Mon, 20. Mar 17, 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

RegisterMe wrote:
Today's Congressional hearing should be interesting.

So far so obvious.
- Russia attempted to influence election.
- Trump has definitely been lying about some stuff.
- No evidence at all for his "Obama Wiretap" allegations.
- Intelligence agencies are still investigating his Russian connections, and have been since July.

Nowt new to see here then, just things that pretty much everyone suspected being confirmed.

It's been mildly amusing to watch the Trumpkins struggle to reconciling the following two things:
- Comey suffers from a serious credibility problem.
- This is largely because of the part he played in influencing the election. . . . . against Clinton.

Edit: Oh and Mr Trump himself is clearly rattled, he's basically live tweeting his reactions to the whole thing. Either selectively quoting bits out of context and spinning them his way or calling everything else fake.

Grim Lock

PostPosted: Mon, 20. Mar 17, 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Are the bookies taking bets on how it's going to end with Trump yet? Cause i'm willing to bet that he's soon going to break mentally so seriously and undeniably that it's going to be game over.

felter

PostPosted: Mon, 20. Mar 17, 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I think Trump will eventually resign as president, you know he will quit, he is known for that sort of thing when it isn't going his way. But the main reason I think he will quit, is he will not want to have a certain two words associated with his name, and that is, Donald Trump YOU'RE FIRED.

While the whole of this is pretty good, from where I have linked it from is better, and you have to watch it to get to the Trump part, and to understand what's going on. Trump must hate John Oliver, as he is always taking he utter piss out of Trump and Trump keeps on feeding him.

I tried to post this earlier and it didn't post, so this might be a double post. Anyway this thread is getting to the stage where the forum will delete it, as the forum doesn't like really long threads, I don't know if that's maybe a good thing or not.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

modified
PostPosted: Mon, 20. Mar 17, 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

felter wrote:
...Anyway this thread is getting to the stage where the forum will delete it, as the forum doesn't like really long threads, I don't know if that's maybe a good thing or not.

The forums never delete threads. But threads can get locked and restarted if they get too long to effectively moderate. It's probably coming sooner than later.

Last edited by Nanook on Mon, 20. Mar 17, 23:13; edited 1 time in total
brucewarren

MEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 20. Mar 17, 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@felter I spotted your post in the wild. It's migrated over to the random news thread. Sort of thing too many of my posts tend to do Laughing

As for Mr Trump resigning. I don't see it. He comes across as the sort of person who cannot ever admit being wrong, even to himself. Especially to himself. It's always someone else fault.

If I was a gambler, I'd bet on him being forcibly removed from office when something foul breaks. When the cops turn up with the black maria and the bracelets he'll scream that the everything is the fault of a massive conspiracy against him.

mrbadger

PostPosted: Mon, 20. Mar 17, 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nanook wrote:
felter wrote:
...Anyway this thread is getting to the stage where the forum will delete it, as the forum doesn't like really long threads, I don't know if that's maybe a good thing or not.

The forums never delete threads. But threads can get locked and restarted if they get too long to effectively moderate. It's probably coming sooner than later.

I never expected this to be the monster it became. I've learned an awful lot through it though. Were I still a mod I think I'd probably already have split off the last five pages into a fresh thread and locked the main one though, because it's huge. I don't remember the limit. Aside from one rather pointless argument lock risking argument (an astonishing achievement for such a long politics thread) it's not been hit by spammers that I've seen.

I pity the mod who has to step up if it does....

ps kitchens....

(actually my new kitchen is awesome, but still not quite done, when it is Imma make a thread on it, drive the thread guardians crazy Smile )

felter

PostPosted: Tue, 21. Mar 17, 00:34    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nanook wrote:
felter wrote:

The reason I said this is because it has happened before, where a thread gets so long it just disappears. Read please read.

brucewarren wrote:
@felter I spotted your post in the wild. It's migrated over to the random news thread. Sort of thing too many of my posts tend to do Laughing

It wasn't made on the other thread, I clicked on the read you post after I posted it and it took me to this thread, so god only knows how it got there in the other thread.

mrbadger

PostPosted: Tue, 21. Mar 17, 01:14    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

When I was a mod I never noticed that happening, nor was it ever talked about, and there have been plenty of very long threads. That seems like the kind of issue that would have have been brought up on the secret moderator illuminati forum were it a real risk, yet it never was. Oh dear, now I've mentioned the moderator illuminati, CBJ will send the special mods after me....

The main issue with long threads is they get very difficult indeed to manage if they need the tender attentions of a moderator, hence the locking and recreating or splitting out option.

RegisterMe

MEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 21. Mar 17, 01:45    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I don't want to derail the thread but I am fairly sure that the original music thread had to be locked (and a new one started) because it exceeded the capacity of the forum s/w to support it.

*WE WANT THE amtct BACK*

Rapier's search
CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

PostPosted: Tue, 21. Mar 17, 02:11    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

There's a music thread in the German off-topic forum that has over 2000 pages of replies, so that theory is easily debunked along with the one about the forum automatically deleting such threads. Nanook explained why monster threads are sometimes locked and restarted. Now, back to the subject of the thread please. Smile

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 211, 212, 213  Next