EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

Litcube's Universe
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 846, 847, 848 ... 857, 858, 859  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
BlackArchon

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 18. Mar 17, 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Discing wrote:
Hello,
I just started playing LU and I am not very far along, but when I have an explorer deploy advanced Satellites they get placed in what seem like weird spots. Center config is always at 27.3 km above the x,y center and box is way outside the all of the stations/gates. Nav Satellites seem to work fine, but I don't think those work well with the Satellites monitoring (please note this issue appear before I installed Satellite monitoring). googling hasn't really yielded any results so I was hoping someone might be able to shed some insight here.
Why do you think this is a problem and not working as intended?

Sirrobert

PostPosted: Sat, 18. Mar 17, 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Discing wrote:
Hello,
I just started playing LU and I am not very far along, but when I have an explorer deploy advanced Satellites they get placed in what seem like weird spots. Center config is always at 27.3 km above the x,y center and box is way outside the all of the stations/gates. Nav Satellites seem to work fine, but I don't think those work well with the Satellites monitoring (please note this issue appear before I installed Satellite monitoring). googling hasn't really yielded any results so I was hoping someone might be able to shed some insight here.

Satellites have massive view range. The further from the action the better. If you deploy them smack on the trade lane, some pirate is going to run into them and blow them up.
Personally I deploy them 50+km up from the center. 100+km in sectors where hostile tend to pass through. 150+ in actively hostile sectors.

Discing

PostPosted: Sat, 18. Mar 17, 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thanks for the quick reply! If that is the case, I won't worry too much about the 50 km outside the center the deploy satellite network command does. Thanks again!

memeics

PostPosted: Mon, 20. Mar 17, 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Note that if you install the Navigation Command Software then it's very easy to place a satellite at a fixed position in the sector (even remotely) by using the Navigation -> Move To Coordinates command and inputing "0,50k,0", without the quotes, to move the ship tot 50km above the sector plane, at the center, per what Sirrobert said, then just drop the satellite.

Sirrobert

PostPosted: Thu, 23. Mar 17, 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

memeics wrote:
Note that if you install the Navigation Command Software then it's very easy to place a satellite at a fixed position in the sector (even remotely) by using the Navigation -> Move To Coordinates command and inputing "0,50k,0", without the quotes, to move the ship tot 50km above the sector plane, at the center, per what Sirrobert said, then just drop the satellite.

Yup, that's how I do it. Also very satisfying because it places them exactly at the desired coordinates, assuming you are out of sector.

Side note: Even with 'send message if command completed' (or whatever it was named) selected, you will still get no alert if a ship finishes it's 'move to coordinates' command.

So keep in mind that your Kestrel will be waiting for a new command shortly after you send it to coordinates.

Lucius89

modified
PostPosted: Sun, 26. Mar 17, 04:15    Post subject: Station Buyout? Reply with quote Print

Hi, so I really like playing a trader but I haven't found a way yet to buy a station from a current owner. Is there a script/mod for this to happen ? It would add a nice element if a station owner can't support his business anymore because of competition and decides to sell.

It also creates a nice dynamic because we players can actively take over an industry without blowing up other stations and screwing up faction relations.

Side note: I'm already using Litcube's Universe

Last edited by Lucius89 on Sun, 26. Mar 17, 05:35; edited 1 time in total
tearing

PostPosted: Sun, 26. Mar 17, 05:13    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

you are suing litcube universe?
poor litcube, he makes a free mod for you and you decide to sue him.

as far as i know there is no such mod built specifically for LU.

edit: just in case you doesnt know, only use mod specifically built on LU if you are playing using LU.

LU= Litcube Universe

Lucius89

PostPosted: Sun, 26. Mar 17, 05:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

LOL definitely NOT suing him Smile .

Ok, well that's a shame, thanks though.

hickop

PostPosted: Sun, 26. Mar 17, 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hi, I'm having trouble with my save. I recently made a MLCC dock and played a bit with it. Saved my game, but now the game is crashing when I try to load the save.
Playing on Linux with latest LU 1.7.2.

Here is the save:
http://hickop.free.fr/files/X01.sav

Unfortunately it's my only save, LU was so stable until then that I did not make other saves :/
Is my save broken ? Can I fix it in any way ? Thanks.

Joelnh

PostPosted: Mon, 27. Mar 17, 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I want to modify the Tug command, so that it also sends the ships to the nearest friendly dock via safest route.
i.e. no enemies in way or ships attacking said dock.

anyone able to assist ?

there is a move to safe dock script, it looks like it works but only when I run it manually on a ship.

idont

PostPosted: Wed, 29. Mar 17, 01:40    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

A couple of questions:

• The description of the Docking Transporter Extension suggests that it can teleport ships when launching and docking, but I can only get it to work when docking. What do I have to do to get the teleporting launch to work?
  • I know Litcube changed how capital ships manoeuvre during combat, but I'm wondering if there is some trick to get it to work even when in sector? I have a Bayamon, and when I watch it it seems to try to make some enormous circuit to reach the enemy, sometimes flying 30km away from what I tell it to attack, before eventually turning around and flying to the enemy. But by then the fight is going to be over.
    I can sort of use it when I ignore the attack commands and just use move commands to tell the M2 to move towards enemies, but that is really tedious.

memeics

PostPosted: Wed, 29. Mar 17, 01:57    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

idont wrote:
A couple of questions:

• The description of the Docking Transporter Extension suggests that it can teleport ships when launching and docking, but I can only get it to work when docking. What do I have to do to get the teleporting launch to work?

Hmm, I never had any issue with launching ships in LU, even with very large M1s launching a hundred fighters in 10-15 seconds. What problems are you having?

Usually it's the docking that is a problem with vanilla X3 and why there are mods/scripts that try to fix that, including LU.

Quote:

• I know Litcube changed how capital ships manoeuvre during combat, but I'm wondering if there is some trick to get it to work even when in sector? I have a Bayamon, and when I watch it it seems to try to make some enormous circuit to reach the enemy, sometimes flying 30km away from what I tell it to attack, before eventually turning around and flying to the enemy. But by then the fight is going to be over.
    I can sort of use it when I ignore the attack commands and just use move commands to tell the M2 to move towards enemies, but that is really tedious.

• There were issues like that (that I fixed in my own small mod for LU) in older LU versions but these days (which version of LU are you using?) it should be working just fine as long as you deploy your large capitals to face the right direction. In LU it's inevitable that you end up using MLCC (which is a great system btw) for managing, stocking, deploying and regrouping your fleets. For deploying large capitals, try to fly your player ship about 10km from the enemy, then (assuming you carry a Jumpbeacon on the player ship) face the enemy and use the MLCC assist "jump to player" feature, and the MLCC ships will deploy in a wall of death in front of you. Then give them the "go" order.

In such a setup the large capitals will simply fly forward towards their enemies instead of maneuvering around in 30km wide arches. After you deal with the first wave of enemies, if there are more enemies anywhere further than 20km away simply use MLCC to recall your fleet, fly towards the enemy with the player ship and redploy them when facing the enemy about 10km from it again.

idont

PostPosted: Wed, 29. Mar 17, 02:28    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

memeics wrote:
    Hmm, I never had any issue with launching ships in LU, even with very large M1s launching a hundred fighters in 10-15 seconds. What problems are you having?

Usually it's the docking that is a problem with vanilla X3 and why there are mods/scripts that try to fix that, including LU.

The fighters are launching fine, it's just that they're launching and not teleporting like the game says they should. It's not some big problem, I just figured I may be doing something wrong.
    Quote:
    There were issues like that (that I fixed in my own small mod for LU) in older LU versions but these days (which version of LU are you using?) it should be working just fine as long as you deploy your large capitals to face the right direction. In LU it's inevitable that you end up using MLCC (which is a great system btw) for managing, stocking, deploying and regrouping your fleets. For deploying large capitals, try to fly your player ship about 10km from the enemy, then (assuming you carry a Jumpbeacon on the player ship) face the enemy and use the MLCC assist "jump to player" feature, and the MLCC ships will deploy in a wall of death in front of you. Then give them the "go" order.

In such a setup the large capitals will simply fly forward towards their enemies instead of maneuvering around in 30km wide arches. After you deal with the first wave of enemies, if there are more enemies anywhere further than 20km away simply use MLCC to recall your fleet, fly towards the enemy with the player ship and redploy them when facing the enemy about 10km from it again.

I'm using 1.7.1, but I'm not using Jump Cores. I guess I have to start doing that. The only way to get them is to get to rep 8 with the terrans, right? I've so far ignored them, since they don't have any convenient Xenon sectors next to them, and my UTs take a long, long time to improve my rep. Is there some quicker way?

memeics

PostPosted: Wed, 29. Mar 17, 02:35    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Note that I said Jump Beacon, not Jumpdrive Core Smile Jump Beacons should be sold by any regular race (but yes, I think it requires something like rep 7 minimum), usually at their Military Outposts if I remember well. Just use the Trade Product Search or the Encyclopedia to see which stations sell them, you only need to carry one of them in the player ship to make use of the MLCC "jump to player" feature.

Yeah if you weren't using "jump to player" and your MLCC large capitals were warping at a gate and then flying towards enemies I'm not surprised they were behaving as you described. X3 large capital maneuvering is... not that great Smile

idont

PostPosted: Wed, 29. Mar 17, 03:02    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

memeics wrote:
    Note that I said Jump Beacon, not Jumpdrive Core Smile Jump Beacons should be sold by any regular race (but yes, I think it requires something like rep 7 minimum), usually at their Military Outposts if I remember well. Just use the Trade Product Search or the Encyclopedia to see which stations sell them, you only need to carry one of them in the player ship to make use of the MLCC "jump to player" feature.

I wrote core, meant beacon Smile. You're right, they are sold by all races. For some reason the encyclopaedia doesn't tell me where they are sold, so I checked Equipment Docks, rather than the military outposts that actually sell them.
    Quote:
    Yeah if you weren't using "jump to player" and your MLCC large capitals were warping at a gate and then flying towards enemies I'm not surprised they were behaving as you described. X3 large capital maneuvering is... not that great Smile
    Not great is right. But at least now I'm about to appreciate the improved MLCC behaviour.

Thanks for you help.

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 846, 847, 848 ... 857, 858, 859  Next