[AL plugin] Abandoned Ship Spawner v82

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

corbinbird
x3tc

ZIP version?

Post by corbinbird » Wed, 6. Apr 11, 00:54

Yes, I can.

Check back in a day or two. They will both be in the same ZIP download file.

Enjoy :)

Thanks for posting.

ZeroGS

Post by ZeroGS » Wed, 6. Apr 11, 17:14

A great mod indeed, reminds me of the old Aalardb's salvage scripts, but this one does not respawn new wrecks after i've claimed the old wrecks. I have played the game for like 3 hours, Claimed 10 wrecks or so, used Grax's ship finder, and all it finds are the same ships that i don't want to claim. It only appears to reset on new game where it spawns a new set of ships. Is this intended?

corbinbird
x3tc

It does have a limit ...

Post by corbinbird » Wed, 6. Apr 11, 18:52

Yes, there is a limit on the number of abandoned ships it creates. It checks for 20 wrecks. If it finds 20+ it destroys the extra and spawns a new one.

The first time it cycles, it destroys all salvageable. Then it spawns 20 replacements. Random types, random locations.

Check your Artificial Life settings. It sounds like the AL plugin is disabled.

I will do a little testing myself to verify.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

ZeroGS

Post by ZeroGS » Wed, 6. Apr 11, 19:44

I know, the point is however, that once it spawns the random ships, lets say i leave 3 behind (e.g. Scabbard, Harrier, Pericles). I check after a few hours if there are any new ships and I only see those that i didn't want to get. My point is, it only spawns 20 random ships once in entire game so far, and they stay, script won't replace them with new ones either, my english isn't very good at the moment.

So from what i understand, this script is supposed to repalce built in wrecks, and replace with random ones, does this only happen once? Because it never happened to me that it repalced the remaining ships that i did not wan't to get.

corbinbird
x3tc

Replacements...

Post by corbinbird » Thu, 7. Apr 11, 02:06

The package does have a ten minute interval timer. New ships are created every time it cycles.

Did you enable the AL plugin before saving, exiting, and reloading? That will make a huge difference.

The non- SPK version is now bundled and posted.

Let me know if you still have a problem... :?

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 23:28

I'm very similar problem to Quixotic using the XRM Mod (which incorporates SRM and CMOD4) in that wares can only reliably be transferred to/from ships spawned by this script when both ships have that ware, otherwise they're often not listed in the ship transfer screen. I also have a related problem in that player inventory (police licences, salvage insurance) vanishes when I switch to an ASS-spawned ship.

So it looks like it's currently not compatible and I've disabled it, if anyone else wants to try this with XRM then proceed with caution and test the first abandoned ship you find to see if it all works.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Sir Warwick
x4

Post by Sir Warwick » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 03:15

I must admit, spawning random dead ship seems a little odd when all hell is breaking loose in the war sectors and with a bit of convincing, Im sure many of the cations/pilots could be persuaded to dumpo their ship complete with gear ;)

corbinbird
x3tc

Compatability problems ?

Post by corbinbird » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 19:41

If the MOD modifies or changes the index numbers in the TShips or TWares files, it will break things.

The scripts are linked to the vanilla index numbers in those files. I know of no way to have an auto adjustment in the scripts. ( I.E. a manual recode for every MOD. ) :(

Good to here from you though ...

corbinbird

wibbletidge
x3tc

Post by wibbletidge » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 23:41

Thanks to this mod I am now the proud owner of a Goner Ozias :D

I am having the problem with freight exchange though, where items don't appear in the list of freight that can be swapped, but I don't want to disable it because it is a fun mod. I hop there is a fix sometime for this, otherwise great :)

popej
x3tc

Post by popej » Mon, 23. Apr 12, 17:37

Howdy,

I'm still a complete noob when it comes to mods/scripts so bear with me.

Does this work in X3TC 3.2 well enough? I can see in the op that TC was at v2.7 the last time the mod was updated...

How about AP with it's Khaak abandoned ship randomisation features. Will it do anything in my AP game?

Thanks

CoreCapator

Post by CoreCapator » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 15:18

Sorry for resurrecting the old topic, but I believe I found the problem with the freight exchange. Hint: Cargo Bay Extension.

I will fiddle with the script for a bit, then I'll let you know if this can be fixed.

corbinbird
x3tc

Re:

Post by corbinbird » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 18:54

Thanks,

At this point, it would take me awhile to set this up again.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 00:10

Why reinvent the wheel?

Please check out this thread, http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=324170
Still life in the old dog yet...

CoreCapator

Post by CoreCapator » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 22:19

Vayde wrote:Why reinvent the wheel?

Please check out this thread, http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=324170
Because people are still playing Terran Conflict, and using this (like myself).

Anyways, good thing is: the script is fine.

The culprit however seems to be Ware Manager by Cycrow... I've disabled it and haven't had the freight transfer problem anymore, but this rendered Salvage Claim Software unusable as it requires Ware manager to work. Mystery solved though.

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 10:26

same as CoreCapator...

also, I am playing Xtended, which is only for TC. But be aware, that through changes on the wares inside XTC, you have to edit the *.random.* xmls files, and correct there your ship objects.

jacenhawk

Post by jacenhawk » Thu, 1. Sep 16, 17:54

The download link appears to be broken, is there any chance of getting a fixed one?

JediH

Post by JediH » Fri, 10. Mar 17, 13:27

Hi I have successfully (I think) installed this script and have been finding lots of abandoned ships, however I am unable to claim any of them even the m3 enhanced kea I found. When I right click on the ship during spacewalk I don't get the "claim ship" option and if I try to use a boarding party it just says "command rejected".

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 10. Mar 17, 19:19

It should be a left click, which opens the info options menu, but I guess you meant that. Have you made sure that these ships have no pilot and that you're close enough to them, usually below 30 m?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Custergrant

Re: [AL plugin] Abandoned Ship Spawner v82

Post by Custergrant » Mon, 17. Jun 19, 02:00

Hi there, I also seem to have the problem of finding what I can only imagine are abandoned ships without any left click options. To be clear, I have ejected from my ship and traversed all sides of the abandoned ship looking for somewhere to click, well within 30 m.

Thanks!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: [AL plugin] Abandoned Ship Spawner v82

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 23. Jun 19, 10:55

Just tested this myself, and it works just fine. I cannot see a problem in the script code either.

Are you able to take over other ships, i.e. the ones not placed by the script and bailed ones? Do the ships you cannot overtake by any chance have pilots? What other scripts and mods do you have installed?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”