Very excited for VR!! Please hurry!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jkflipflop98
x4

Very excited for VR!! Please hurry!

Post by jkflipflop98 » Wed, 8. Mar 17, 00:18

I'm so stoked for the new VR Rebirth to come out. I imagine it's going to feel like actually sitting in the cockpit of the Pride of Albion. Please hurry up and put it on Early Access so I can give you money. That's the beauty of the Early Access thing. You can just slop out whatever buggy crap you have right now with the mutual understanding that you're working on it. You get money faster, and I get actually stand on the bridge of my capship as it flys me around the galaxy. ugh I really can't wait for VR X.

SpaceProbe

Post by SpaceProbe » Wed, 8. Mar 17, 00:29

I'm getting a Vive as soon as XR VR is out.

I hate and boycott Facebook spyware so Oculus is not an option. Good thing lots of VR devices will come out this year.

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Wed, 8. Mar 17, 02:47

I feel you. Plus Oculus is on shaky ground at the moment. Zenimax just hit them with a lawsuit and has good legal standing into halting all sales of the units. That's why Oculus recently dropped the rift price, they're attempting to firesale out their inventory before Zenimax shuts them down. There's no way I'd buy into a Rift right now.

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Wed, 8. Mar 17, 03:16

Biggest thing make engine running smooth at high fps
or you brain going explode

And everyone here know its Critical issue in XR after fews days playing you FPS just drop from 60 while game start to 30 dont matter how powerfull machine you have ;)

Shame ;/ but true issue

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Wed, 8. Mar 17, 10:26

yeah it will be interesting to see XR making 90fps with one assumes the Vulkan API and a new VR optimized UI. If they can do that well it will be a good sign of things to come. AMD are making a lot of noise about Vulkan as well atm it would be good to see some collaboration on that front too.

I'll hopefully be getting a VR capable GPU soon.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Wed, 8. Mar 17, 17:10

X Rebirth is CPU bound so I do not think Vulkan and the new UI is going to be responsible for achieving 90 fps. I personally believe the changes to the economy among other calculations will be the main responsible for the fps gain.

I think it will reinforce that freelancer type of gameplay that X Rebirth does so well, but will not satisfy empire builders or those that prefer X3. I am holding (badly) for the moment to purchase a VR set, so I will stick with X Rebirth for the moment.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 8. Mar 17, 17:21

Santi wrote:X Rebirth is CPU bound so I do not think Vulkan and the new UI is going to be responsible for achieving 90 fps. I personally believe the changes to the economy among other calculations will be the main responsible for the fps gain.

I think it will reinforce that freelancer type of gameplay that X Rebirth does so well, but will not satisfy empire builders or those that prefer X3. I am holding (badly) for the moment to purchase a VR set, so I will stick with X Rebirth for the moment.
I thought the same when I read the news.
For me it sounds like XR VR is going to be a very much dumbed down version of the X-franchise and not just "UI"-changes as depicted in this thread.
Bernd wrote: [...]we had to change the game and the universe quite a bit:
  • Special universe and economy: [...] the universe and economy of X Rebirth VR Edition are specially designed for a Virtual reality experience.
  • New content: [...] new missions to deliver a unique virtual reality experience.
  • Pace and Balancing: All aspects of the game had to be rebalanced [...].
Sounds like: A lot less X-simulation and a bit more RPG Action instead.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Wed, 8. Mar 17, 19:24

VR is more about how you experience things in a first person view. So obviously the whole "set autopilot, while I check menus and micromanage my assets" has no room in a VR game, nor does a real economy that at the end of the day many players are struggling with.

The real potential for VR is going to be the fights, the graphics and the music already present in X Rebirth, see the latest video from Egosoft X Rebirth: Features between 2.0 and 4.10 listed

I believe XR VR is going to offer a fantastic experience for those that have the hardware, but sadly for most, it is not going to be X Rebirth 2 or X4
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Thu, 9. Mar 17, 09:59

ah but Vulkan can use multiple CPU cores to drive the rendering pipeline so that should (if done properly) help the CPU bottleneck plus it will force ES to revisit the architecture of XR to identify and remove the lag spikes and most importantly focus a game around user experience. These are three good reasons to be happy about it even if you never play the VR version because these are bound to have a positive influence on X4 (except perhaps the release date :) )

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 9. Mar 17, 13:49

It is also pretty good excuse to swap to modern hardware overall.
Like XR with DX9 because most people today demand to play on a 100 $ notebook with an intel gpu chip and DX9.
I am not better on that part because gaming stuff is expensive, but still!

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Thu, 9. Mar 17, 22:39

Tamina wrote:It is also pretty good excuse to swap to modern hardware overall.
Like XR with DX9 because most people today demand to play on a 100 $ notebook with an intel gpu chip and DX9.
I am not better on that part because gaming stuff is expensive, but still!
PC Gaming is expensive, always was and imho always will be (in our lifetime) because peripheral devices and software soak up the potential performance as it becomes available like VR, 4K and CryEngine.

Dupin

Post by Dupin » Sat, 11. Mar 17, 22:01

I am also very excited! I'd like to see three things.

Less maneuverable Skunk. This is a fairly large ship, but in the game there is absolutely no sense of mass. Skunk feels like a drone or a taxi. I think that for better immersion it needs to be changed.

The second thing is a new graphical engine. I hope that Egosoft will significantly improve the graphics, because the current graphics is not good enough for the positive VR-expirience.

And the last is a spacewalk! It would be great to go out into space and repair Skunk, for example. Or to penetrate there, where even drones can not penetrate. Well, more interesting tasks for drones, too, will not hurt!

I would also like to note that Egosoft have done a good job with the exteriors of the stations and I hope they will not stop there! I would very much like to see the stations become more detailed and bigger in size!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 13. Mar 17, 17:03

Dupin wrote:I am also very excited! I'd like to see three things.

Less maneuverable Skunk. This is a fairly large ship...
Actually, it's not. Park it next to pretty much any fighter in the game and you'll see. It's the Tardis of spaceships. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Mon, 27. Mar 17, 21:47

I disagree 100% with nerfing the Skunk. It's not that big, and it's supposed to be completely OP after you upgrade it. That's why it cost so much to build. The Pride of Albion is the best ship in the galaxy, and it should handle like it.

Please hurry and put X VR on Early Access. The wait is killing me. I'm looking forward to this one so much that it's ruining other games for me.

Rebauldtin

Post by Rebauldtin » Thu, 30. Mar 17, 01:30

Judging how VR has been presented so far, this game is one of the few that will feel really fluid and do well in the field.

DorianEU

Post by DorianEU » Thu, 30. Mar 17, 10:20

Please don't rush with a VR release.
Mind must be faster a little bit over the body. So, you have time to rethink twice. Otherwise you will do mistake.

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Mon, 10. Apr 17, 11:33

Screw that, hurry up and put it out on Early Access! That's what EA is for. EA is going to be Egosoft's best friend going forwards. Imagine if XR had launched as an EA title instead of as a full release. Would have still gotten the same amount of money, but none of the backlash because bugs and crappy placeholder mechanics are just expected as part of buying into Early Access. If XR had launched in the state it was in @ 3.0, it wouldn't have received half the negativity that it had.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 17:15

I read that as "feel really fluid and do well in the toilet"

and the next post was "please don't flush the VR release"

I haven't been sleeping well

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Sat, 22. Apr 17, 18:21

I swear to God, if you guys take the facebook bribe money and go "oculus exclusive" then I will never buy another ego game again, and I will actively discourage anyone else who will listen from doing so. I want to think you are above such things and would never make a deal with the devil like that, but anything is possible.

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Mon, 1. May 17, 14:57

So the game will be out sometime this month or next, right? You said "first half of 2017" so that leaves two months to get X VR out to early access on Steam? Do we have even a rough date? I keep checking everyday. . ..

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”