How can add new connection lines in the galaxy map?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TechSY730
x3ap

How can add new connection lines in the galaxy map?

Post by TechSY730 » Sun, 5. Mar 17, 16:55

What file defines what connections between sectors in the galaxy map are drawn?

I am NOT asking how to add new warp-gates/trans-orbital accelerators themselves; I know how to do that. I am asking about how to add new lines between sectors on the galaxy map.

I have a mod that adds new trans-orbital accelerators to Terran space (something in the the Terran Revitalization Project, I don't remember which one though) and while they are fully functional by both me and NPCs, they don't show up as connections in the sector map, which is slightly annoying.

But this question isn't really specific to the TRP; I'd like to know the answer in general.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 5. Mar 17, 17:41

The sector grid and its connections are defined in the 00749.bod. Dimosus released a tool to create this file based on your universe map.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”