Finishing the Integrative URV Forge in Glaring Truth

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 30. Dec 16, 23:40

Bobucles wrote: So you require a rare resource that isn't produced locally, is produced by a hostile faction that you are hard locked out of trading with, and is so unbelievably otherwise rare that it can take HOURS to scavenge up enough parts to complete before you check online and find out you have to enter deep in enemy territory and basically spawn camp them as they come off the line
RMP is only likely to be sold by the PMC but as noted, that doesn't apply today - as noted above, a game update added enough RMP to the plot CV for plot station construction. FRs are indeed rare but periodically sold by friendly factions, as discussed above. At release, yes, it was hard to gather enough RMP and FRs.

RAVEN.myst wrote:
Bobucles wrote:The first time I tried the quest way back at release there was no reasonable way to finish it. I literally had to cheat resources just to skip it.
That's you. Many others did not. If it weren't dangerously close to violating forum rules, I might suggest that thinking that just because you had to, then that's somehow representative is naively egocentric, at best.
I don't think you're being particularly fair here. I personally didn't play rebirth until 1.25 but at release:

- We couldn't build in empty space.
- PMC rep wasn't locked (civilian ships would probably be kill on-sight).
- There were fewer galaxy free traders.
- There were no Trade Agents and less station info available (making it hard to know if and when FRs were being produced).
- There were problems with available trading mechanics.

I don't have first-hand knowledge of it but I think I read that in the past, stations had their own ships so perhaps there were fewer NPC system traders for 3rd party deliveries compared to today. Perhaps boarding was working OK at release but before there was a PMC rep lock, it was less easy to evac a capture.
RAVEN.myst wrote:
Bobucles wrote:Trying it again a few days ago was no walk in the park as I had to basically spawn camp the fusion reactors in enemy territory(Albion IS enemy territory when every zone is hostile PMC)
That's incomplete exploration/scouting - there is a perma-zone with 2 build locations in Albion, specifically Exhaustless Mines in Far Out, conveniently close to the friendly HoA shipyard at Gemstone Manufacture. Furthermore, you don't HAVE to build only in perma-zones, and all "empty space" zones are extra-jurisdictional, so you can build freely without being molested.
Whilst Exhaustless Mines may not be hostile, it isn't a route through which I would expect NPCs would be transporting FRs. Although we could in principle use a second deployed CV in Exhaustless Mines to attract free traders with FRs on-board, I personally think that's a bit too "out-of-the box" to reasonably expect a player to work out on their own.

RAVEN.myst wrote:
Bobucles wrote:NO ONE would automatically bring resources in after a dozen hours.
Chances are, you were doing something wrong - of the half-dozen-plus times I've gone through the Rebirth plot, my last 2 or 3 involved building in Far Out, and NPC traders (primarily Ledda Industrial) were happy to bring me the necessary resources. After I had a Crystal Supplier and a Construction Shop there, I had no problems getting or making anything I needed thereafter. Oh and the deliveries by LI were impressively fast (though they DO slow down a bit on FRs as the game gets on, as supply falls short of total demand with the player's requirements added.)
Bobucles was probably referring to resources not being brought to the plot CV in DeVries. A long delay isn't unlikely given system free traders in AL will be competing with galaxy free traders for FRs.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 31. Dec 16, 02:03

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Whilst Exhaustless Mines may not be hostile, it isn't a route through which I would expect NPCs would be transporting FRs. Although we could in principle use a second deployed CV in Exhaustless Mines to attract free traders with FRs on-board, I personally think that's a bit too "out-of-the box" to reasonably expect a player to work out on their own.
I think you misunderstood me here: it doesn't matter whether there is traffic of a ware through that zone - if you have a construction job here, and your architect is funded and the offered prices are left alone (it defaults to max, and it's best to leave it that way, as it NEEDS to be competitive), then whether or not there is passing traffic is immaterial - a trade offer is broadcast, and NPC container-ships will bring in the required construction materials. I wasn't referring to making a "magnet CV" to pull in wares and then ship them off that - I would agree that is somewhat too convoluted for (especially first time players, or even second or third, likely) to come up with. I know I never did myself - I read it suggested by someone some time ago - still never tried it myself, as it kinda violates the "CVs can't sell wares" rule in my opinion - though I think it IS a perfectly valid and ingenious (I didn't think of it - curses! :D ) trick. I was simply referring to the more pedestrian but solid method of getting set up in Albion by instituting RMP production there and, in so doing, getting around the PMC embargo (courtesy of Ledda and friends :) )

Regarding some other points: yes, I do know (and, in fact, remember) that a lot has changed - for instance, as I kept coming back with every new major revision, I kept seeing the "instant RMP - just add water" that materialises within that plot CV getting more and more abundant, until (in the latest versions) it was more than enough to build a Construction Shop! (Though not enough for a ConShop AND a Crystal Supplier - and both are needed.) And yes, freespace building was only introduced later, too. [But let's not forget: these things are YEARS past relevance!] Nonetheless, even from the (admittedly very troubled) first iteration, I never failed to get the RMP etc needed for the plot - it was satisfyingly challenging, and that's my whole point: whining about it being too difficult is nothing more than exactly that: whining. Many people solved that riddle - claiming that it was "impossible to do" without outside help is ludicrous: if that were the case, who would have been there to provide that help? Did someone travel to the future, read posts on how to solve the problem, then return and post it, in so doing creating an ontological paradox?

People who shy away from challenges and stuff to work out in a "fight, build, trade, THINK" game are perhaps not looking for their instant-gratification easy kicks in the right place... Accusing the game of being "broken" or "ill-conceived" or "untested" because it contains intriguing challenges is downright absurd. By that logic, old classics such as Myst or (to a lesser extent) Fahrenheit should be considered totally unplayable and undeserving of existence. By that logic, Dark Souls, which received excellent reviews despite being fiendishly difficult, should not exist, or at least should not have proved praise-worthy.

However, just to play devil's advocate against myself... :D I certainly agree with difficulty settings for games, if they are well implemented. Here is where there is a missed opportunity, in Rebirth - the difficulty settings shouldn't only (in my opinion) apply to combat difficulty and numbers of enemy spawns, but should also influence economic and infrastructural game aspects. As such, an easier level could have more relaxed (though I find the current state of affairs trivially easy as is) requirements for the infamous Integrated URV Forge et al, along with higher availability of wares AND (somehow) greater demand for wares (this could be tricky to implement, because higher demand of some things means LOWER availability on products depending on them...) Conversely, higher difficulty settings could mean that in some areas it becomes harder to trade profitably (highly competitive market), or that there are critical but hard-to-fill shortages, perhaps due to frequent vandalism of storage facilities. Not everyone IS looking for the same high level of challenge (and it would be arrogant of me to assume along such lines), so if a broad spectrum of players is to be enticed, if the game is to be made "more accessible", then it needs to be able to cater to both extremes as much as possible, with as little penalty to either.

Anyhow, now I'm simply rambling... over and out! :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Sat, 31. Dec 16, 23:02

Man, I'm not a big fan of textual walls. Let's see if I can boil down RAVEN's reply to its base components.
No, it is YOU who was playing wrong!
Is that good? Did I get that right?

I'm no stranger to the X series. I started up pretty late on X3, lost weeks of my life, built the HUB, and went to Rebirth when it came out. I'm not saying the campaign quest is impossible. I got through it after all. I'm saying that the main goal of the campaign is to show new players the core concepts of Rebirth, almost like a tutorial. In this respect it does EVERYTHING wrong with the station building quest.

The most important quest flaw is in its timing: The quest exists at the most difficult point of the campaign! You have to build in dead space. You only have access to Albion. The primary supplier of station resources is permanently hostile. The hostile force guards your only gate. There are no other friendly territories. This combination of circumstances creates the most difficult point in the campaign to build anything.

Raven explains the difficulty of completing this quest much better than I:
making a "magnet CV"...
Albion has only 2 safe zones...
You should build other stations first... (FYI fusion reactor factories are among the most expensive in the game)
It's supposed to take many hours...
It's just not the game for you.
I mean. Wow. Thanks for making my point for me.

I'm not saying the mission should be a complete cakewalk, but consider this. Building a station is easier at literally every other point in the campaign. It is simple to gather the resources before entering DeVries. It is easy to get resources after being trapped in Omicron Lyrae. It is easy to build nearly anywhere after unlocking maelstrom. All of these chapters give the player more options, better options, and fewer obstacles towards completing the quest. Because of that I am very confident when I say that the campaign URV quest is very simply a BAD quest. It should have never been placed in the middle of the DeVries chapter.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 31. Dec 16, 23:45

Bobucles wrote:Man, I'm not a big fan of textual walls. Let's see if I can boil down RAVEN's reply to its base components.
No, it is YOU who was playing wrong!
Ummm... where did you get THAT from? Certainly not quoting me, there. Manufacturing quotes - lame (and manipulative and dishonest - putting words in others' mouths. Despicable.)

Bobucles wrote:I'm saying that the main goal of the campaign is to show new players the core concepts of Rebirth, almost like a tutorial.
Fair enough, I completely agree with that assessment, until...
Bobucles wrote:In this respect it does EVERYTHING wrong with the station building quest.

The most important quest flaw is in its timing: The quest exists at the most difficult point of the campaign!
And that's where the wheels fall off for me - so, in keeping with putting words in each other's mouths, let me turn the tables here - what you're saying is:
All lessons should be pathetically easy and never stretch/challenge the student's imagination, skills, or capabilities.
So what you're implying is that there shouldn't be any difficult lessons. Well, at least you seem to be in agreement with current trends in national education in many countries, where passing-grade percentages seem to be increasingly becoming more important than actually TEACHING pupils what they will need in life... Keep on lowerin' that bar, yeh!
Bobucles wrote:You have to build in dead space.
No you don't - you CAN, but you don't HAVE to - I did so only once, in my LAST playthrough, and that was totally optional, purely done because I wanted to build a full infrastructure in Albion (just for a change, in order to alleviate the tedium of a too-easy game), which on my previous ~6 go-rounds I didn't bother to (sometimes building just Crystal Supply and ConShop, other times NOT BUILDING IN ALBION AT ALL, but instead finding other ways around.)
Bobucles wrote: You only have access to Albion. The primary supplier of station resources is permanently hostile. The hostile force guards your only gate. There are no other friendly territories. This combination of circumstances creates the most difficult point in the campaign to build anything.
GOOD!!!! People get the chance to sink their teeth into a challenge, and perhaps even LEARN some new skills and tricks! FFS, if it's a cakewalk all the way through, what would be the [REDACTED] POINT? It would utterly fail in its function as tutorial (which, let's not forget, you yourself endorsed. ;) )
Bobucles wrote: Building a station is easier at literally every other point in the campaign. It is simple to gather the resources before entering DeVries. It is easy to get resources after being trapped in Omicron Lyrae. It is easy to build nearly anywhere after unlocking maelstrom. All of these chapters give the player more options, better options, and fewer obstacles towards completing the quest.
And thank YOU for making MY point for me: if that iURVForge mission were to be placed anywhere else, it would become bland and simply "just more of the same" - but it's PRECISELY being placed when/where it is that distinguishes it, making it memorable and also teaching new ways to think around problems (for those willing to put to use that thing between their ears - no, not their noses). Seriously, there's nothing wrong with suddenly pulling the player up short and getting him/her to scratch his/her head, and THINK for a change. It is PRECISELY that mission placement that maximises its "tutorial value", which would be undermined at any other point in the game. The crux of it for me is: easier is NOT better, in fact quite the opposite.

I say, bring on the tough missions, the tricky puzzles, the unintuitive conundrums (please note: I am NOT advocating unintuitive controls and such!), the head-scratchers, the stumpers, the subtleties, the dilemmas. Egosoft, PLEASE do not compromise your vision for the sake of "greater accessibility" and such - I can't play tennis to save my life, but I don't whinge on about the net being too high - that would be absurd, no? Well, then, please keep making your games challenging and interesting. Sure, feel free to include an "I-win-with-a-click-of-the-mouse-while-not-using-my-brain-at-all" difficulty setting for the instant-gratification crowd if you feel it's that necessary - but please don't let the lowest common denominator compromise and corrupt (ie. dumb down) your games for the rest of us. There's plenty of material out there for the mass-market, so arguably it's pointless to even try to compete with such drivel, but niches like this X-community are increasingly getting neglected - please look after us, so that we may look after you.

Nappy Yew Hear! (and back to my first drinking of the year, heheh)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 1. Jan 17, 11:55

@ RAVEN.myst and Bobucles: Unless you want this thread locked as happened with the Defence Officer one due to you two arguing heatedly, please cut out the personal comments and stick to discussing the topic politely. Thank you.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Sun, 1. Jan 17, 13:42

Well that went much smoother than I thought,
using the 'dummy CV near the DV gate' work-around method posted by ubuntufreakdragonon (1st page).

Seems the URV station is more sensibly set up that in earlier versions
(it used to have a very weird resource setup for drone production),
& surprisingly it's become profitable quite soon after building completion
(but no station weapons built, to make it easier/quicker as suggested).

Even the 'dummy CV' is now starting to build the ShipTech Fab (makes Fusion Reactors),
so soon(ish) I'll be getting going properly again.

PS : strange that the dummy CV architect was given no construction drones,
but managed to build the first level anyway - eventually,
which was unexpected & could have scuppered this work-around if left too long.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 1. Jan 17, 18:40

I feel I need to apologise to the OP (mcsquared) and other participants in this thread: I should not have responded to nor engaged with its derailment - the topic was about how to get things done, not whether or not it is "inappropriately difficult", or anything of the sort.

exogenesis wrote:Even the 'dummy CV' is now starting to build the ShipTech Fab (makes Fusion Reactors),
so soon(ish) I'll be getting going properly again.
Good thinking/planning :) The proverbial two birds - now that its "unorthodox" function has been fulfilled, it can now go to serve in a more conventional yet massively useful manner.
exogenesis wrote:PS : strange that the dummy CV architect was given no construction drones,
but managed to build the first level anyway - eventually,
which was unexpected & could have scuppered this work-around if left too long.
Yes, even without CURVs, a CV can still build, albeit as you noticed it's excruciatingly slow. Although in this workaround it could be a disadvantage (it would only have delayed it, though, not scrapped it altogether), in general it's a crucial safeguard: imagine that you buy a CV but the shipyard has no CURVs, so you intend to fit CURVs to it some other way (another shipyard, ship-to-ship transfer, or ship-to-constructionsite transfer), but you forget to do so before you start building something - once a certain portion of the required resources arrives (has to be some of each needed ware), construction begins, and at this point the number of in-use CURVs gets locked in. [I've actually made this mistake once, maybe twice... :S ] If not for the "droneless construction" capability, that would then make the project unfixably stuck (in most such cases, it may be possible to cancel the job, as that applies only to first-stage, which is when you'd have the problem, having forgotten.)

Worse scenario: imagine that you are doing a non-cancellable phase (ie. any phase after the initial one), and some bad guys show up and destroy all the CURVs - again, this would be irreparably broken from this point. Or, another possible situation: the CV is deployed to a station but is not currently busy with any build orders. Along comes that aforementioned gang of bad guys and takes out the drone bay - all CURVs are lost. You may not necessarily be aware of this, and order an extension to be built - again, once sufficient wares arrive, you'd be screwed.

Another place where this safeguard has proven invaluable (to me, on several occasions - to many others too, I suspect, sometimes even without them realising) - let's say that, like me, you care about helping the Canterans and Heart to build their stations in DeVries. It is entirely possible that any of those CVs could lose all their drones (I've seen it happen on a couple of occasions) - without the safeguard, not only would those be irreparable if they happened to start a phase, but since the AI doesn't think to replace those drones and there is no way for the player to intervene, there would be no way to even try to fix it.

So, to put it shortly (oops! Too late! :D ), thank you Egosoft for putting in that little safety :) (I suspect it wasn't always there, but was added at some point...)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Eumerin
x3

Post by Eumerin » Tue, 17. Jan 17, 22:10

I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. Take it for however you want.

I pulled Rebirth out again on Sunday after leaving it alone for a year and a half because of the Fusion Reactor issue. Here's what I experienced over the course of far too much time spent playing over the last couple of days.

- It is nearly impossible to buy from the two LI factories. I camped outside the factories (mostly the one in Buried Treasure, though I also visited the other one briefly) for probably about four hours in total. I watched the production timer, and the moment it hit 0 (every 20 minutes), I checked the trade outlet and the Trade Offers windows. Regardless of which I was checking, the Fusion Reactors appeared for sale exactly one time. It appears that the NPC corps are snapping them up within nano-seconds of the production finishing, making it impossible for a player with human reaction speeds to get them.
- Hijacking is impossible without having to go through an incredible amount of trouble (and expense). I figured that since I couldn't buy the reactors, I would hijack a PMC freighter instead. The first problem was that PMC didn't appear to be the primary buyer. Instead, it was LI, and I didn't want to mess up my rep with them. But eventually, purely by accident, I ended up with a saved game set just as a PMC Hull-Tech Rahanas freighter loaded with Fusion Reactors was about to pull away from the dock. So with my Marine Officer, my 50 marines (3 surviving vets from the storyline hijack, and 47 newbies), and a YouTube tutorial that explained that hijacking freighters was oh so easy, I went after the freighter. Took out the jump drive, took out the rear turrets, took out the engines, boarding pods were launched, boarding party was wiped out shortly after boarding. I figured that maybe the problem was that the forward turrets had killed too many boarding pods. So after reloading, I took another crack at it. This time, I destroyed all of the turrets first (and destroyed the now-partially repaired jump drive again). So there was nothing to stop my boarding pods from reaching the freighter. Failed again. Took a few more stabs at it, had it jump out a couple of attempts when the constant stream of fighters from the nearby base distracted me, had the boarding party wiped out again when it didn't jump, finally gave up.

The problem, as you game vets probably already know, is that freighters are apparently protected by crack teams of commandoes. As I learned when I looked up some posts on the topic, an overstrength platoon of rookie marines, even when led by a good officer (I lucked out in that regard - my hire had Leadership 5, for all the good it did me), apparently can't hijack the freighter unless you first hammer it with fire so badly that it risks structural failure from an incidental micro-meteorite hit. Apparently the solution to this is to work your way up starting with small targets (mining ships? Not sure on this, since the other primary goods freighter can't be boarded.) so that your marines get enough experience that they become Elite, and can start dealing with the commando freighter guards.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 17. Jan 17, 22:40

@Eumerin: regarding the boarding business... I'm guessing that the video tutorial you found was probably an old one - the game mechanics of boarding were changed significantly in various patches, making it a lot more challenging than it was in the initial release (at which point it was, let's face it, absurdly easy to execute.) So yes, you do need to help your marines even against freighters, early in their careers. There are other piratic alternatives, though, just FYI: for one thing, you can take the simplest option of simply dusting the freighter, and picking through the wreckage. This is, as you probably guessed, the weakest and most random option, as the surviving cargo tends to be paltry and varies wildly (interestingly, blowing up M-sized freighters tends to give much richer loot, relatively speaking.) The other alternative is to use a hacker drone on a freighter in order to get it to release some freight. This option is stronger than the Path of Maximum Force, in that you get more predictable drops; I'm not sure how the rep hit compares to the violent approach - logic would suggest that it should be smaller, but considering that capturing a ship damages your rep more than killing that same ship, I'm not so sure. This hacking approach is quite tricky (only really practical vs. non-hostile ships, as your Trojan drone needs to get in there without getting shot), and involves the "beloved" time-the-squiggle mini-game... Of a harder sort than in conversations... Requiring several successes...

Another but similar approach involves hacking station storage to release its cargo - works much the same way. If you botch it, the station goes red to you for a while. If you get it right, a ton of cargo bins end up floating near the corresponding storage module - as soon as you tag one for collection, the station goes red to you, so some ingenuity is required.

Good hunting! :)

PS: Oh, and camping the trade offers at those STFs IS definitely a PitA, yes. I generally could expect to snag 2 out of 3 or 3 of 4 at best, sometimes less. If you happen to take the approach of building a station in Albion (either with the intention of completing it and using it to produce stuff you need, or in order to retrieve delivered materials from that CV to divert to your other construction projects), then you can mitigate that nasty business of competing against the NPCs, because now some of them are coming to buy on your behalf, so you've effectively co-opted them.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Eumerin
x3

Post by Eumerin » Tue, 17. Jan 17, 23:10

RAVEN.myst wrote:PS: Oh, and camping the trade offers at those STFs IS definitely a PitA, yes. I generally could expect to snag 2 out of 3 or 3 of 4 at best, sometimes less.
Then you were doing far better than I. My stated "one in four hours" comes out to one in *twelve*.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 18. Jan 17, 03:15

Eumerin wrote:
RAVEN.myst wrote:PS: Oh, and camping the trade offers at those STFs IS definitely a PitA, yes. I generally could expect to snag 2 out of 3 or 3 of 4 at best, sometimes less.
Then you were doing far better than I. My stated "one in four hours" comes out to one in *twelve*.
Heh - well, I forgot to mention that it did involve some very tedious flipping back and forth between station detail screens in order to keep the trade fields updated (they don't update in real time) when the trade fell due - and just to add to the inconvenience, the trade doesn't always go up immediately, sometimes it can be up to a minute or so late - which of course means that when it's been snagged by a NPC unbeknownst to me, I'm flipping back and forth pointlessly like a fool - and no way to know if so until enough time passes... :S
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 18. Jan 17, 08:37

I was under the impression that the player gets an initial window of opportunity before NPCs purchase something. But I could be mistaken, or it may be shorter than potential delay before a sale appears.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 18. Jan 17, 08:55

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:I was under the impression that the player gets an initial window of opportunity before NPCs purchase something. But I could be mistaken, or it may be shorter than potential delay before a sale appears.
I doubt that. ^^ I've been camping at stations waiting for reactors to be finished but they never showed up, which means they were already sold.
Sames goes for metal platings alot, they're pretty hard to find in the beginning aswell.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Wed, 18. Jan 17, 10:58

I played through the plot a couple of times and I always bought the Fusion Reactors from LI Ship Tech Fabs. It requires some patience but is far from impossible. My thechnique relies on a Trading Computer (Mk1 or better), as I developed it before we had Trade Agents. I wait some safe distance away from the station outside the range of the Trading Computer and watch the production timer. A few seconds before the cycle completes I boost towards the station into Trading Computer range to trigger trade updates just after after the FR have been produced. If the Fusion Reactors don't show up in the trade menue I might try to trigger another update by flying outside of Trading Computer range and back in.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 18. Jan 17, 12:09

TheDeliveryMan wrote:I played through the plot a couple of times and I always bought the Fusion Reactors from LI Ship Tech Fabs. It requires some patience but is far from impossible. My thechnique relies on a Trading Computer (Mk1 or better), as I developed it before we had Trade Agents. I wait some safe distance away from the station outside the range of the Trading Computer and watch the production timer. A few seconds before the cycle completes I boost towards the station into Trading Computer range to trigger trade updates just after after the FR have been produced. If the Fusion Reactors don't show up in the trade menue I might try to trigger another update by flying outside of Trading Computer range and back in.
Interesting... I hadn't thought of "encouraging" (read: "forcing" :D ) trade offer updates in such a manner. Presumably, you also occasionally had to deliver some food, ECs or AM Cells to the STFs, given how spotty NPC-driven supply can be. (I too, other than requiring a bit of patience, never found this task particularly challenging, in any of a bunch of playthroughs.)

Off-topic: I've had so little time to read (despite a number of power outages :S ) that I still haven't gotten much more acquainted with your namesake character in The Dreaming Void. I miss the days when I could devour books in days...
Good hunting :)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Wed, 18. Jan 17, 15:38

@Eumerin use the dummy CV method I posted on the first page.

@Trademenu you can actualize the trade menu by switching between the buy and sell view if I remember correctly.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 18. Jan 17, 15:51

ubuntufreakdragon wrote: you can actualize the trade menu by switching between the buy and sell view if I remember correctly.
That's the method I use - it forces that info to be refreshed.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Sat, 28. Jan 17, 20:34

If you have the expansions you can access OL through the back door via Teladi space.

If you only have vanilla and dont mind a little piracy

Cuspid Splint (Albion:Inner World) is a good ambush spot.
Target PMC [Ship Tech] & [High Tech] freighters using a Traitor ROV on the drive & main engines, reduce defences and then board it.

crew it, send to your construction site and offload the needed supplies
you can then decide whether to sell off in devries, or retain for own trading fleet

KRM398
xr

my forge problem

Post by KRM398 » Wed, 22. Feb 17, 14:23

got the first layer done, added the warf and a big red box appeared around my station, then nothing. I got a manager, a defense officer and added a ship to the station, and asked the architect what wares she needed and what cash, her answer..nothing, she's waiting on orders it says, and doesn't ask for anything. do I need to finish all the upkeep missions for the station before she starts on the warf? because I'm about half way through those, and still not asked to restart the plot yet.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Wed, 22. Feb 17, 15:41

just leave the zone, the red grid means the is something in the buildspot blocking the next stage, if the station gets out of viewing range collision will be ignored, so just fly away.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”