Just UT things

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 13. Feb 17, 21:14

I certainly would never do something like this with the way I use my Hubs - given that in the mid- to late-game I have several dozen CAGs based at my Hub plus a couple of CLS2s also stopping there, I can't afford to have NPC ships clogging up my docks, and potentially blocking my traffic - and all this for the meagre pickings of that old colony? Nah, not worth it. Aldrin is not exactly a "cash cow" in any case, so unless driven to use it for profit by personal role-playing prerogatives (which I understand and respect - hell, those form the basis of every playthrough for me! :D ), there are plenty of far more lucrative alternatives at a fraction of the effort.

The only reason I've ever had for trading with Aldrin was as a Terran, to haul some of the CW foods out to my HQ so that I didn't have to rely on those *aliens* down South. :P The simplest (yet effective) approach is to use CLS2s, plain and simple. A couple of these ran the CW bio-wares to the food production facilities, and a couple more pulled the foods out. Thus the system was under my control, instead of being subject to the vagaries of NPC decision-making. I've done this before on a couple of occasions, and it didn't even take a lot of ships, despite the absurd distances involved, though it took a little while for the lot to get rolling along.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Tue, 14. Feb 17, 00:47

It's economics. I don't need to engage my freighters in endless flights in there, I don't need to buy my own Springblossoms either. NPCs do the deliveries, while I use the freighters I saved up on selling those goods, earning myself a healthy markup and having Aldrin economy actually going.
Where is it?

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Mon, 20. Feb 17, 15:20

It helped a ton when I went through the galaxy map and blacklisted my ecell traders from ever going to silly places, by blacklisting all the SPPs located in sectors like Akeela's or Unseen Domain. At least tripled my income. Might create CLS2/traps for those in the future as they are a prime source of cheap energy, but for the time being it's just same case as with Aldrin, really not worth the trip there if there's energy available anywhere else.

As far as cutting costs of deployment goes, I'm running now this:

- Shield
- Navigation Command Software
- Jump Drive
- Triplex Scanner
- Trade Command Software 2

It's enough for CAG to do his work. I disabled drones/mosquitos to save on costs and on CPU (I'm planning to reach a thousand CAGs across the galaxy).

So that's the stuff you want to R&D if you have the R&D mod installed (they should have included R&D into the bonus pack).

I still really like TS+ for the job. You pay 1 million more initially for Hayabusa than Caiman SF XL, but you have a single 200 mj shield (I know it can mount two, but it doesn't need two) in the package and endless cargo space. I tried running "stock" Mistrals and Baldrics on energy for a while, but they really don't cut it. Four-five trips to make the same money is just too much.

On the plus side, Terran HQ seems like something of a dream for a CAG ecells trader. :-)
Where is it?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”