[AP] Mining problem

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hyena444

[AP] Mining problem

Post by hyena444 » Fri, 17. Feb 17, 21:16

Hello

I have read the available guides and FAQs related to mobile mining, I followed the instructions and I have a TS with all required software, mobile drilling system, scanners and an ore collector.

I wanted to set that ship with the "Mine minerals" command so it could mine by itself, but after saying "command accepted", the ship goes back to "no orders" status and does nothing.

What is it that I don't understand or have done wrong?

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 17. Feb 17, 21:20

Check and make sure it can A, actually fire the MDS, and B that there's something it can mine. It won't break down map size asteroids on it's own, so you may have to go in, and destroy the rock before it can do the job.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

jorganos
x3tc

Post by jorganos » Sat, 18. Feb 17, 04:19

Placing a satellite where you want the mining to happen may help, too.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 18. Feb 17, 04:45

I'm totally speculating here, but since mining without substantial shields is a bit like gardening in Pripyat without wearing lead underwear, maybe the mining command is smart enough to check for level of installed shields? I seriously doubt it, but it's a thought, and perhaps worth checking (if your freighter is set up with 25MJ of shields or more, then this is likely not the issue, of course...)

Also, as stated above, if the 'roids are mine-scale and not rocks and gravel, you'll need to break some up manually with a MDS or a big missile. Another check for diagnostic purposes is to try the "Collect rocks in sector" command - I think it requires the Special Command Software, iIrc (cheap, available at any Equipment Dock, if I'm not mistaken) and see whether that works - the underlying mechanics of the two are similar but the behaviour is slightly different.

The command you are trying to use may also require your miner to have a home-base, perhaps. There is one that definitely doesn't, "Mine and trade minerals" - if this isn't the one you're using, give it a spin (it may require Trade Command Software 2, not sure...)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”