EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

[MOD] Conquest and War in Rebirth! Release Version 1.60 10-30-2016
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 299, 300, 301 ... 311, 312, 313  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
tomchk

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 7. Feb 17, 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hi @BlackRain and @MarvinMartian: Have you had any luck with your experiments creating a new mod that simulates the economy with faction budgets, etc.? Just curious. Thanks!

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

PostPosted: Wed, 8. Feb 17, 01:07    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

tomchk wrote:
Hi @BlackRain and @MarvinMartian: Have you had any luck with your experiments creating a new mod that simulates the economy with faction budgets, etc.? Just curious. Thanks!

Marvin is working on the basic code. Currently he is coding faction AI for different types of factions and he has a few working well but more work is needed. I will eventually start work on building the universe (meaning eliminating everything and adding things in from scratch, including changes to economy and production). Once Marvin has enough code for me to test out factions in an empty universe i will and then we can add more from there. Marvin can give more info on what he is doing if he wants. Anyway it wont be soon.

tomchk

PostPosted: Wed, 8. Feb 17, 01:12    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Very cool, thanks! I definitely understand this will take a while. If testers would be valuable at any point, I bet at least some of your many users would be interested! Thanks again!

mr.WHO

PostPosted: Wed, 8. Feb 17, 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

BlackRain wrote:
tomchk wrote:

Marvin is working on the basic code. Currently he is coding faction AI for different types of factions and he has a few working well but more work is needed. I will eventually start work on building the universe (meaning eliminating everything and adding things in from scratch, including changes to economy and production). Once Marvin has enough code for me to test out factions in an empty universe i will and then we can add more from there. Marvin can give more info on what he is doing if he wants. Anyway it wont be soon.

Will this include Pirate and Xenon economy?
Something like I posted on idea forum:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=387730

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

PostPosted: Thu, 9. Feb 17, 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

mr.WHO wrote:
BlackRain wrote:
tomchk wrote:

We already have a basic Xenon economy in place in CWIR. I suppose we could refine it further.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

PostPosted: Sun, 12. Feb 17, 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

mr.WHO wrote:
BlackRain wrote:
tomchk wrote:

We have an idea of making a universal "Ship Parts" ware so that ships will be built with "Ship Parts" which are produced by different resources based on faction. Most factions will produce "Ship Parts" by normal means, but Xenon will produce "Ship Parts" with basic mineable resources only. This way, it will make it easier to give even abnormal factions a basic economy (Pirates, Xenon, etc.)

mr.WHO

PostPosted: Sun, 12. Feb 17, 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

universal "ship parts" is a great idea! I always hated how OL and the rest of systems use different resources to build ships, but they use exactly the same weapons and shields - it really look inconsistent and artificial to me.

Merging everything to universal "ship parts" also make logistic much simplier for ship building and repairs. Just build ship parts production chain and then ferry ship parts and weapons/shields to my shipyard.

Yes it would still make the same amount of stuff one step earlier in production chain (ship parts factory instead SY directly), but then in SY build menu it would bw simple - do I have enough ship parts? Y/N, do I have enough weapons Y/N instead of chealing if I have enough hull platings, reactors, generators etc.

Nikola515

PostPosted: Sun, 12. Feb 17, 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@Blackrain

Is there a way you could possibly improve station hacking in future ? For example vanilla hacking is useless do to its short time and effects. Here is some examples.

1) Station time for disabling modules from 30min (or whatever in vanilla it is) to 4 to 5 hours. This way hacking stations would have meaning and you could have monopoly in sector for some time. This action would need 20 hacker chips.

2) Drop and self destruct all cargo- When station hacked it drops all cargo and all cargo gets destroyed. This action would need 10 hacker chips.

3) Station overload- Station will self destruct all cargo and production modules and all cargo destroyed. Plus production will take penalty for 4h.

Egosoft had good idea when it comes to hacking but it is not balanced right.... I hope you can improve on it.

lordmuck

PostPosted: Thu, 16. Feb 17, 11:54    Post subject: Starting out again after a long time away Reply with quote Print

Hey peeps,

So I wanted to get back to the X universe and currently installing rebirth again....

I thought I would just jump into a decent mod and chose this to start out with.

Any tips ? Lol
and is there any other must have mods to go with this ?
and is this still being worked on ?
There are 300 pages to sift through and I doubt I could manage all that.

iforgotmysocks

PostPosted: Thu, 16. Feb 17, 12:18    Post subject: Re: Starting out again after a long time away Reply with quote Print

lordmuck wrote:
Hey peeps,

So I wanted to get back to the X universe and currently installing rebirth again....

Any tips ? Lol

Very Happy
Frontpage says:
Quote:
PLEASE READ THROUGH THE WIKI here BEFORE ASKING ANYONE QUESTIONS!

Give it a look, it's quite helpful. Smile

lordmuck

PostPosted: Thu, 16. Feb 17, 12:40    Post subject: Re: Starting out again after a long time away Reply with quote Print

iforgotmysocks wrote:
lordmuck wrote:
Hey peeps,

Any tips ? Lol

Very Happy
Frontpage says:
Quote:
PLEASE READ THROUGH THE WIKI here BEFORE ASKING ANYONE QUESTIONS!

Give it a look, it's quite helpful. Smile

Yeah I did... I was wondering more about the stations that get destroyed permanently, can we lose out on stuff (read about jump drive) anything else?

I read the fix bit, will download that in a mo "cwir_latest_plunder.zip " Marvin

This mod includes the Computer thing to list all missions in sector ? (cant remember where I seen it on youtube)

Would it be viable to complete the story mode and then enable this mod?

ROFL just remembered the steep learning CLIFF hahhaha I think ill chill a while in vanilla and see whats what :/ unless someone gives me a decent direction to get started lol

iforgotmysocks

PostPosted: Thu, 16. Feb 17, 14:10    Post subject: Re: Starting out again after a long time away Reply with quote Print

lordmuck wrote:

Yeah I did... I was wondering more about the stations that get destroyed permanently, can we lose out on stuff (read about jump drive) anything else?

I read the fix bit, will download that in a mo "cwir_latest_plunder.zip " Marvin

This mod includes the Computer thing to list all missions in sector ? (cant remember where I seen it on youtube)

Would it be viable to complete the story mode and then enable this mod?

ROFL just remembered the steep learning CLIFF hahhaha I think ill chill a while in vanilla and see whats what :/ unless someone gives me a decent direction to get started lol

Well ya, u can loose stations and ships, depending on where you choose to build. If u don't want to jump in with both feet just now u can play the vanilla plot first and then start a new game with cwir.
I think it should be possible to start the mod once the plot is completed, but i'd recommend a new game.

lordmuck

PostPosted: Thu, 16. Feb 17, 14:13    Post subject: Re: Starting out again after a long time away Reply with quote Print

iforgotmysocks wrote:

Well ya, u can loose stations and ships, depending on where you choose to build. If u don't want to jump in with both feet just now u can play the vanilla plot first and then start a new game with cwir.
I think it should be possible to start the mod once the plot is completed, but i'd recommend a new game.

I know player stations can, what I meant was NPC stations, I know they can be blown up, yet I donno what can be permanently lost except for jump drives .

iforgotmysocks

PostPosted: Thu, 16. Feb 17, 14:53    Post subject: Re: Starting out again after a long time away Reply with quote Print

lordmuck wrote:

I know player stations can, what I meant was NPC stations, I know they can be blown up, yet I donno what can be permanently lost except for jump drives .

All npc stations can be destroyed. Entire races can be wiped out. That's what cwir is about. Smile I've no idea what u mean by jumpdrives. Maybe u mean jump beacons? Ya, they'll remain.

hxusa1202

PostPosted: Fri, 17. Feb 17, 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

There is a problem when you use a contractor to build shipyards.the shiptrader will remaining neutral.that means when you order ships,the money will not return to play's account correctly。

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 299, 300, 301 ... 311, 312, 313  Next