[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Sat, 4. Feb 17, 02:59

If your mining ships are assigned to a TL class ship then you can go to the TL. Command menu to general then Mine and it start all assigned ships on mine orcers

ItsMeAUsername
x3ap

Post by ItsMeAUsername » Fri, 10. Feb 17, 00:47

Jonzac wrote:If your mining ships are assigned to a TL class ship then you can go to the TL. Command menu to general then Mine and it start all assigned ships on mine orcers
I recall doing so during my last time playing LU with Mayhem 1 (long time ago)... but i seem to have forgotten what equipment you need on the TL and miner ships in order to have this command available, besides mining lasers and the default equipment in Mayhem miner M3s spawn with. Or was there another requirement i'm forgetting about? Suggestions are much appreciated.

Edit: Okay, figured it out.

And since I'm already posting here: amazing work Joubarbe! I'm truly impressed what has become of Mayhem, since playing the last time back in the early version 1 days.[/i]
Last edited by ItsMeAUsername on Fri, 10. Feb 17, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

Gargols
x4

Post by Gargols » Fri, 10. Feb 17, 04:51

Could someone tell me where I can find the Template Manager for ships?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 10. Feb 17, 05:03

Gargols wrote:Could someone tell me where I can find the Template Manager for ships?
it is an entry in the Personal Console. You have to bind a key to it, to make it available.

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Sun, 12. Feb 17, 05:55

So playing Mayhem for the first run and I have a question, how do you add people to a sanctuary? Ive put both passengers and slaves into it but it refuses to go over 50 people?
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

"Time is the fire in which we burn"

Reaper's Mod Index

Asby
x4

Post by Asby » Sun, 12. Feb 17, 08:13

Jonzac wrote:If your mining ships are assigned to a TL class ship then you can go to the TL. Command menu to general then Mine and it start all assigned ships on mine orcers
Thanx to you, Jonzac I was able to order "Mine" to all of my ships in fleet.

Im writing from memory how did it:
1. Make TL FleetCommander.
2. Add all m3 miners to the fleet. (I deliver them by M1 in same sector)
3. In fleet console -> assign fleet base to TL
3. TL comand console-> fleet-> call to arms
4. TL comand console-> special-> Mining carrier
TL already have all needed equipment after build.

Reaperxvii, I think that the max people depends on sanctuary's sector.
[LU] Mayhem 2.07
[ external image ]

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 12. Feb 17, 08:41

Reaperxvii wrote:So playing Mayhem for the first run and I have a question, how do you add people to a sanctuary? Ive put both passengers and slaves into it but it refuses to go over 50 people?
If you go to the Ministry of War 2nd window, each sector you have visited will be displayed on a line, and have the following properties:

- max number of people on station (lowest 50 in your case, max 150)
- Research rate
- Number of build slots.

Hope this helps
Last edited by VincentTH on Sun, 12. Feb 17, 08:49, edited 1 time in total.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 12. Feb 17, 08:46

I have a bug to report:

Starting game: Quick Start.

After I clain 4 sectors, my rep are -3 80% with all race.
There is an invasion from the Xenon at Menelaus Paradise, which helps bring my rep with the Boron at -2.
Lo and behold, by rep with the Argon and Teladi fell to -5 (-1,000,000) for no reason!!!!

So, I told myself, OK, let check the blueprints offered by Markus and Salecrest:
The blueprints from Markus for all the Argon ships are listed for sale, this is expected.
The blueprints from Salescrest are expected to be Teladi, but the blueprints from the Argon are listed instead. I think this is a bug.
Last edited by VincentTH on Sun, 12. Feb 17, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 12. Feb 17, 13:12

Reaperxvii wrote:So playing Mayhem for the first run and I have a question, how do you add people to a sanctuary? Ive put both passengers and slaves into it but it refuses to go over 50 people?
In the hanger menu, you have the options to add them to the sanctuary (or load people from sanctuary into one of your ships)
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 15. Feb 17, 14:30

Hi Joubarbe,

Im planning to make personal balance mod for LU+Mayhem. I checked your mod and it seems that it overwrites info on all ships in LU (TShips), am I correct? Also, can you tell me why you had to overwrite all of them for Mayhem?
Thank you for your great mod btw!!!

Jonzac
x3tc

Marine training and repair script

Post by Jonzac » Thu, 16. Feb 17, 14:36

Joubarbe,

Just wanted to let you know I've tested the script collection

Marine_Repairs_and_Training-V214-2015-01-01

with no issues.

It adds 14 scripts and two T files, none of which overwrite any files in either folder. I've played with boy LU and Mayhem for over 100 hours in each with no errors sighted. This is the marine training as modified by Dr. Bullwinkle. NO idea where to find it now, however, the links below are from the readme.txt that came with the download.

-----------------------

Forum Post: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 74#3895474
Bullwinkle's List: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=322735

(This link goes to the download that I use)
# A direct link to the thread in the egosoft forum
ForumLink: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=324152

-----------------------------------------

tearing

Post by tearing » Fri, 17. Feb 17, 16:49

how can i set sector's max people, research rate, breakthrough chance and station support limit?

or edit it

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 18. Feb 17, 01:45

tearing wrote:how can i set sector's max people, research rate, breakthrough chance and station support limit?

or edit it
Those numbers are generated randomly at game start ,so you have to modify that piece of codes to get what you want, but then again, IMHO, where is the fun if every MayHem game is the same?

tearing

Post by tearing » Sat, 18. Feb 17, 04:00

>where is the fun when the game is exactly the same?

what i really want to do are putting player's main sector into random pool.

it always bother me why only a single sector that arent randomized.

Mauze
x3ap

Post by Mauze » Sat, 18. Feb 17, 22:27

Respaektt wrote:Deleted my Mayhem 1 data and the downloadlink here isnt working anymore.... someone have the Mayhem 1 data or a link to a download?
That would be so great!!!
Same problem here. I have a save file i would like to continue but i can't find the old version (1.11?)

ItsMeAUsername
x3ap

Post by ItsMeAUsername » Sun, 19. Feb 17, 18:11

Given all the available options, and emphasis in Mayhem on empire building, I was curious what tools you guys use for what purposes? By tools i essentially mean, how do you control your ships, what aspects do you automate (and how) and which tools/scripts or parts thereof do you use (e.g. MLCC, ADS, wings/fleets, etc.)?

I never got into the habit of using ADS during earlier campaigns (LU, Mayhem 1). I seem to recall using MLCC, but just to have a few M2s jump in right in front of the enemy fleets. Now with running Mayhem 2 it seems useful to me to expand my tactics a bit - right?! What do you recommend?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 20. Feb 17, 14:11

All I really use is MLCC for my carriers (3 Emeus's fully loaded with Falcon Sentinels - almost invincible fighters). Missile engagement settings are ones to look at for sure, do not neglect it.
Never used ADS as I dont see a need for it, MLCC just covers all I need.
For empire building I strongly recommend IDN.

Fun-X
x4

Post by Fun-X » Mon, 20. Feb 17, 23:32

IDN is cool. But, it requires Station Agent software at a cost of 900K so the total cost is 1M just to get finished products. I found it easier to build dolphins or dolphin tankers running courier at a cost of about 100K.

Both options are valid.

Fun-X
x4

Post by Fun-X » Mon, 20. Feb 17, 23:35

If a trade station is destroyed, does the NPC rebuild it?

What about something like OTAS headquarters in Legends End?

The pirates took Legends End, and I would have to destroy the OTAS headquarters to take the sector and give it back to the Argons.

I seem to have a lot of sectors that have been wiped out that do not have any stations in them.

If I take a sector and give it to another race, will that race build there?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 21. Feb 17, 00:52

EDIT: nvm, i figured how it works.

I have a bug to report though, when you build any mine asteroid is not removed underneath it, so if you are in-sector they will take damage overtime, just lost my 10 mines when I left it on SETA for 10 mins.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”