EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

If you would buff fighters, how would you buff them?
View previous topic :: View next topic
Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Fri, 10. Feb 17, 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

You can tweak fighters, but the problem is the gap between ship classes and roles. Large and X Large trading ships have too many weapons, some of them could qualify as warships to be honest.

A heavy fighter should not have any problems tackling a trading ship, fair enough if the trade ship is a smuggler or carries a very valuable cargo for it to have more guns, but run of the mill traders should be pretty much defenceless.

As for warships, Balors are a good example of balanced anti fighter armament in a specific class of ship with a defined role. Important as others have said, is that there are more control regarding how to use your assets in combat, does not matter how much you tweak fighters and other ships if at the end combat is a free for all in melee range.

Warnoise

PostPosted: Sat, 11. Feb 17, 07:17    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I think Fighters with missiles arent bad, i just think that they lack in variety in terms of weaponry (which plays in lack of variety in fighter roles) but that is another topic.

I know improving their AI at fighting capital ships (add strafing/ hovering while destroying surface elements instead of flying straight towards it) would be hard and takes a long time.

So as a simple solution, i think number tweaking is feasible. Improve hull/shield of slow fighters like katana, and drop the price of all fighters by at least 50% (5mill for the drostan is just insane).

mr.WHO

PostPosted: Sat, 11. Feb 17, 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

If you have access to Ideas forums, I posted the the full combat craft rebalance (fighters included) - basically entire X-Rebirth ballance is Skunk-centric crap, thus everything else is out of ballance.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=393402

Nikola515

PostPosted: Sun, 12. Feb 17, 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Only problem that i see with fighters in all X games is that they don't have major role in game. For example they cant auto fix (auto dock to shipyard/station to get fixed)and they require too much micromanaging to maintain them. Setting up of M1 in X3 was nightmare and especially when it comes managing them. This makes them expendable and hard to reuse without micromanaging... All though i would love to see different types of ship loadouts.... For example having light,medium and heavy Kansas Wink