Splitting drone stacks, possible?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Chrionix
x4

Splitting drone stacks, possible?

Post by Chrionix » Mon, 6. Feb 17, 08:04

Hey all, as per the topic, is it possible to split stacks of drones? I bought some when I was building my first CV, but thought I'd hand off some to one ship, then the rest to another. Can't for the life of me figure out how to do it.

I should mention the CV is currently in build mode or whatever it's called, so the pilot wont trade wares. I have to select the ship I want to receive the drones, do a 'transfer wares' then change the 'to/from' button. There doesn't seem to be any scope to split the stack though.

Cheers, and thanks!

Trask

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 6. Feb 17, 10:12

Generally-speaking, we can order a ship that needs drones to Transfer some from another ship/station/deployed CV. If the CV is busy building, I can't rememeber if it can be selected after issuing the Transfer order on the other ship or not. You may need to wait for the existing build order to complete but it's definately possible to do what you wish.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Mon, 6. Feb 17, 13:36

Didn't Ego make CV one way transfer tho? Once it's on CV you can't transfer anything off it ever again? Back when people used CVs as best traders ever.

But yeah in general transferring of everything is possible doesn't matter if it's drones, wares or what ever else. Just use orders menu for between ships, storing, transfering etc needs. Trading menu only shows transfers which are "needed" as in lets say you set your CV to buy materials/weapons/drones/etc then you can use trade menu to feed it, same for stations.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 6. Feb 17, 14:33

Well-remembered and good question.

Egosoft stopped CVs being able to sell wares but it is still OK to use fhe Transfer order with them (it's the work-around in case a non-deployed CV is ordered to purchase the wrong ware or too much of a ware it needs).

Edit: Only the ship that is issued the Transfer order moves though. So it's only going to work in this case if a different ship is order to Transfer the drones off the deployed CV.

Ezarkal
x4

Re: Splitting drone stacks, possible?

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 6. Feb 17, 14:44

luctrask wrote:Hey all, as per the topic, is it possible to split stacks of drones? I bought some when I was building my first CV, but thought I'd hand off some to one ship, then the rest to another. Can't for the life of me figure out how to do it.

I should mention the CV is currently in build mode or whatever it's called, so the pilot wont trade wares. I have to select the ship I want to receive the drones, do a 'transfer wares' then change the 'to/from' button. There doesn't seem to be any scope to split the stack though.

Cheers, and thanks!

Trask
You're actually nearly there.
1-Select the ship you want to trade with the CV
2-Select the transfer ware option
3-Switch window to transfer from CV
4-Select the drone and option yon want (there's 4 possible options, to select both drones in cargo or equipped on CV and to send them to cargo or to equip them on ship)
5-Select the amount you want to transfer. This is where you can split your stack.
6-Repeat with the other ship (in some case of ship-to-ship transfers, you must wait until the second ship is done with all his trade orders before you can select it. I don't think it applies to deployed CVs, though.)

The only thing that I think could prevent you from doing that is, if you are trying to transfer the construction drones equipped on CV while they are in use for construction.

That being said, this is the way things should normally work. You might just have found a bug in the game.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Re: Splitting drone stacks, possible?

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 6. Feb 17, 23:04

As an addition to Ez's post above, & as you don't specify which /type/ of drones you're trying to transfer, you may be able to transfer /cargo/ drones while the CV's building, but you won't be able to transfer /construction/ drones until that build order is complete (& the drones have returned to the CV)

I haven't tested this, but this should work if (as I suspect) the cargo drones are under control of the CV's Captain, while the construction drones are under control of the Architect
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”