Do I need jump drive coolant after completing the jump drive quest?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

strude
x4

Do I need jump drive coolant after completing the jump drive quest?

Post by strude » Thu, 26. Jan 17, 03:05

Just a quick Q. I made myself a mod that makes it easier to detect jump drive coolant in the debris field. If I don't need to collect it so much any more, I'll probably deactivate it and have one less mod running.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 26. Jan 17, 03:23

IIRC you use 1 JD coolant /if/ you don't wait 10mins after each JD use for a further use, so while nice to have (& keep a small stock of, eg for emergency escape/reaction) you don't need to desperately collect it anymore. It sells for good cash though, if you care at that point
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 26. Jan 17, 15:26

Snafu_X3 wrote:IIRC you use 1 JD coolant /if/ you don't wait 10mins after each JD use for a further use, so while nice to have (& keep a small stock of, eg for emergency escape/reaction) you don't need to desperately collect it anymore. It sells for good cash though, if you care at that point
Seriously? Thanks for the info! I just got the drive yesterday evening in my newest game, and I'll try to put that to good use. XD
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 26. Jan 17, 17:14

also another hint: there are some static Lockboxes in the universe contaning Coolant which drop enough to complete the Mission. iitrc there are 5 Boxes with it containing 5 to 10 units each if i am not mistaken. Topic with Locations should be somewhere in the Spoiler Forum, but i dont have a Link at hand..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 27. Jan 17, 01:11

Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Sat, 3. Jun 17, 15:30

This is insane. I've been playing for almost 300 hours since starting the quest and still need three more coolants to build the drive. I've massacred huge fleets of xenon and pirates and still nothing. I've crafted over 30 rare engines, but have yet to get enough coolant to progress the quest. I've honestly just given up hope of ever completing it at this point.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 3. Jun 17, 16:07

what about the previously mentoined static lockboxes? they should contain at least 25 of them in total (and that is when you have bad luck and each of them only drops 5 units)

EDIT: fixed min coolant amount (was typoed as 15)
Last edited by UniTrader on Sat, 3. Jun 17, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Sat, 3. Jun 17, 17:33

jkflipflop98 wrote:This is insane. I've been playing for almost 300 hours since starting the quest and still need three more coolants to build the drive. I've massacred huge fleets of xenon and pirates and still nothing. I've crafted over 30 rare engines, but have yet to get enough coolant to progress the quest. I've honestly just given up hope of ever completing it at this point.
I'm creating a more detailed list of the position of the various lockboxes embedded in station geometry.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

There's already 4 boxes with coolant that are listed in. Load the spreadsheet and go see entries 44, 73, 97 and/or 103. The screenshots should guide you to the exact locations.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Wed, 7. Jun 17, 11:15

Ezarkal wrote:
jkflipflop98 wrote:This is insane. I've been playing for almost 300 hours since starting the quest and still need three more coolants to build the drive. I've massacred huge fleets of xenon and pirates and still nothing. I've crafted over 30 rare engines, but have yet to get enough coolant to progress the quest. I've honestly just given up hope of ever completing it at this point.
I'm creating a more detailed list of the position of the various lockboxes embedded in station geometry.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

There's already 4 boxes with coolant that are listed in. Load the spreadsheet and go see entries 44, 73, 97 and/or 103. The screenshots should guide you to the exact locations.
Thanks, but searching through miles of empty space to find one dumb little lockbox (That I'll probably just blow up anyways) isn't my idea of fun. I just give up. I guess I'll never have a jump drive on the Skunk :(

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 8. Jun 17, 01:30

Maybe you should try re-reading the msg? 'Lockboxes embedded in station geometry' does not imply 'searching thru miles of empty space'.. it suggests searching stations (which are easy to find.. altho the lockbox locations may not be)

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 8. Jun 17, 04:46

As Snafu said, these boxes are embedded within stations, but don't show up on the long range scanner. I tried my best to take clear screenshots and map position of each boxes, and the screenshots are referenced in the spreadsheet (URLs in the spreadsheet open the screenshots).
Go look for the box in DeVries - Barren Heart - Heartache Mist (entry 103). It is by far the easiest to find, as it's right below the dockpoint.

Edit:
Another thing:
(That I'll probably just blow up anyways)
Contrary to the boxes found in space, these boxes don't spin. They are super easy to open with a Pulsed Maser.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”