[X3LU] Bounty Board 1.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

[X3LU] Bounty Board 1.2

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 15. Jun 16, 10:20

Bounty Board (for Litcube's Universe)

Incompatible with Mayhem.

Download from Mediafire

Download from Dropbox

Features
  • One hotkey to access the bounty board.
  • Bounties do not apply to fighters. However, they apply to their carrier if they have one.
  • Bounty Hunters!
  • It is possible to redeem a bounty on your head for twice its price.
  • Bounties reward you with credits and reputation.
  • A ship can have multiple bounties from multiple races at the same time.
  • Autonomous script; compatible with Mayhem and probably everything.
[ external image ]
screenshot from an older version, but you get the idea

Changelog

Version 1.2 - 02/07/2017

- Added Goner and ATF.
- It was impossible to win a bounty if you were in a fighter without a homebase.

Version 1.1 - 26/06/2016

- Bounties are removed when a ship bails.
- Compatibility with Mayhem when default bailing is enabled.
Last edited by Joubarbe on Sat, 9. Jun 18, 09:28, edited 9 times in total.

El.
x4

Post by El. » Wed, 15. Jun 16, 11:03

So this feature will be excluded from Mayhem for sure? I believe it will be replaced with something much more badass.
Ship gallery
LU 1.7.0: Offline Ship Compendium, Larger Font, Player Guide RUS – Google Drive, Mediafire

PromX
x4

Post by PromX » Wed, 15. Jun 16, 11:31

Awesome. Thank You :)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 15. Jun 16, 12:15

El. wrote:So this feature will be excluded from Mayhem for sure? I believe it will be replaced with something much more badass.
It will be excluded from Mayhem yeah... and replaced by nothing :)

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sat, 25. Jun 16, 14:46

I am playing with mayhem and bailed ships allowed.
Bounties are not clearing when a ship bails.

I looked at the cmd.bail.maybe and the code to clear the bounty is missing.
atleast that's what I think is the cause. :)

there was no payout option for any ships I owned with a active bounty, does this only work when they are targeted ?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 25. Jun 16, 16:06

Hmm I didn't think of that one ; will try to find a solution.

Yes, only when targeted. To target yourself, have no target.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 26. Jun 16, 07:56

Done.

evildog112
x4

Post by evildog112 » Wed, 20. Jul 16, 02:13

So when you say bounties are not applied to fighters, does that mean only M6 ships and up can have bounties on them?

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Sun, 31. Jul 16, 12:39

I like this mod as it adds a lot of combat to the universe.
One thing that I have noticed is that after awhile a some of the bounty hunters end up dead in space ie sitting at 0 speed in some sectors.
I ran a few patrols to see if that would help clear them but after they where destroyed more just arrived and went dead in the same areas.
There is a build up of terran BH's in Neptune and paranid BH's in cardinals domain and desecrated skys, i'm sure the other races are similar.

edit

I got fed up with the bounty hunters stealing kills and going idle, there where +40 just in mercury and all where idle at the gates(there are probably 100's idle in the universe).
So I removed the script and the game crashs after loading the save.

nekoexmachina
x4

Post by nekoexmachina » Tue, 6. Sep 16, 15:28

Hmmm, how do I redeem the bounty on my head?

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Sat, 22. Oct 16, 00:33

While it may be sheer luck it seems that bounty hunters have a really high bailing rate; something like half a dozen over the last couple of hours.

Edit: Bounty hunters end up inactive (usually in hostile sectors) when they can't find any valid target. And due to the sheer size of the bounty hunter fleets the universe end up with many derelict m6. While not related to their bailing rate they should probably go back in their race sectors instead of waiting (not even fighting back).

Edit2: I can confirm that without an E/I the game crashes once the script is removed.

Belldar
x3ap

Post by Belldar » Sat, 14. Jan 17, 05:23

I'm having the same issue as @insolent1, lots of bounty hunters dead in space and game crashes after script files removed. I tried a completely fresh install with all the same mods as before, but without bounty hunter, and the game continued to crash.

Any advice on uninstalling this script?

Great mod by the way. The only reason I'm removing it is because I started using XM-R and I feel the bounty hunter functionality just isn't needed any more.

Pr0wler
x4

Post by Pr0wler » Sat, 14. Jan 17, 21:11

Belldar wrote:I'm having the same issue as @insolent1, lots of bounty hunters dead in space and game crashes after script files removed. I tried a completely fresh install with all the same mods as before, but without bounty hunter, and the game continued to crash.

Any advice on uninstalling this script?

Great mod by the way. The only reason I'm removing it is because I started using XM-R and I feel the bounty hunter functionality just isn't needed any more.
I had the same issue with dozens of inactive BH ships sitting at jumpgates. I did some tests, but the game was crashing when I removed all of the mod's files, so I left Joubarbe.Lib.JOO.xml from scripts folder and 7327-L044.xml from t folder. Game doesn't crash and bounties still work, but mod doesn't spawn any new BH ships.
I was going to delete all of those inactive ships using cheat scripts, but after several in game hours pirates and xenons got rid of most of them in the more natural way :P

Shame, because the mod seemed to be really nice.

Lasgalen88
x4

Post by Lasgalen88 » Wed, 25. Jan 17, 07:22

Tryed to get my hands dirty a little and took a look at the script editor and stuff (total novice, thougth I guess I have a very basic understanding of coding in general).

After quite a few hours and a reasonable numbers of BH starting to accumulate here and there, I see the scripts have been used a lot (thousands of times for bounty and all, 60 BountyHunt actives, etc). Except, it seems Mayhem.FindNearestBounty was never used, neither was Joubarbe.Lib.JOO.

Mayhem.FindNearestBounty is called in two scripts, the one that seems of interest to this problem is Mayhem.BountyHunt where it calls to find a new target or jump into oblivion otherwise. That obviously doesn't work.

But, ain't got the skills to repair that, maybe with a lot more hours of :headbang: on the code and trying to learn the basics along the way, but ya, work tomorrow is the priority, sadly.

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Tue, 14. Mar 17, 22:41

So, is this working with Mayhem mod perfectly or we should skip it?.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 14. Mar 17, 23:19

Only god knows.

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Wed, 15. Mar 17, 00:15

I am using it with Mayhem. No issues noted. Only hang up is when I cap a ship with a bounty the bounty doesn't go away with ownership change.

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Sat, 18. Mar 17, 17:04

Can someone fix this issue?.

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Sat, 18. Mar 17, 19:23

Meh. Doesn't bother me. The race just send bounty hunter which I often cap. Especially in early game to build my M6 fleet.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 21. Mar 17, 22:42

Are you sure you have 1.1 installed? I fixed this issue a long time ago IIRC.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”