EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

Why we don't have Player HQ in X-Rebirth yet?
View previous topic :: View next topic
birdtable

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 23. Jan 17, 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

All I was trying to state was that the period between the last DLC and the release of the next iteration ... VR is a long time to have no product.... One only has to see the reduced flow on these forums to accept that some new topics are needed.
Never mentioned unfinished products or the wish to see one completed.

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

PostPosted: Mon, 23. Jan 17, 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

birdtable wrote:
All I was trying to state was that the period between the last DLC and the release of the next iteration ... VR is a long time to have no product.... One only has to see the reduced flow on these forums to accept that some new topics are needed.

But there is a product: It's called X Rebirth. And even more, we know that Egosoft works already on the next two products: XR VR and X4. You can hardly call that a vacuum.

birdtable wrote:
Never mentioned unfinished products or the wish to see one completed.

Well, an early access product is exactly that: An unfinished product you want to see completed one day. Wink

xkcd: Duty calls
Ormac

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 24. Jan 17, 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The Q wrote:
Moreover, looking at the suggestions here in this thread, I get the feeling that many requests are supposed to work around current features, which do not work as people want them to work. From a development perspective I would ask, if these features get changed or fixed, why should they be limited to a PHQ station and not be available anywhere? And as soon as they are, in fact, available anywhere, then what are the really unique features that warrant having a PHQ?

Maybe we don't want a Shipyard mod to break the early phase staff skill discovery.

Some of those features do not scale well in mid to late game. Dumping it all into the hands of the Station manager as the only official automation process is a poor choice. It's not just about stations and ships, Egosoft put more empasis on NPCs in X Rebirth.

After 12 months between 4.00/HoL DLC and the 4.10 patch some of us realise that the Player Warehouse is the closest compromise for a Player Shipyard/HQ we will get in X-Rebirth. Doesn't mean we can't hope for it in the New Next Big Thing (X4)

That doesn't mean that we can't highlight shortcommings in the User Experience in Rebirth to be improved on in X4.

Example staff management.
We very probably disagree over best length of training.
If Transport should be automated.

Obviously if Egosoft officially supports some sort of gained Experience for Flight staff in X4 aside from the Training Seminars, hey we might not need Experience and HR mods to be provided in the next Title.

The disabiling the Firing/Transfer of Assigned Architects that Raven.myst pointed to in the 4.00 patch notes would need to be treated by Egosoft as well for X4 as part of the NPC staff solution. Can't have an exception that disproves a rule.

-- Ormac