x-55 Rhino Vjoy/ujr WORKING SOLUTION

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

hardcastle

x-55 Rhino Vjoy/ujr WORKING SOLUTION

Post by hardcastle » Fri, 20. Jan 17, 16:34

Greetings

This post is for those of us who have multiple input devices such as the x-55. A current limitation of X3 is that it can only recognize a single device (like the x52 pro). Below is my confimation that Vjoy and UJR can be used to combine the x55 throttle and joystick into a virtual single device. The host sites where the applicaitons live have install and usage instructions so I won't repeat those here. Below are the configurations I've found that successfully give x55 functionality.

This solution is being developed on a windows 10 64bit i7 32gbRAM

Ive been working on various configurations for getting the Vjoy and Ujr working with the x-55 Rhino.

At present i have all axis buttons and throttle working.

The trick i found was not to enable all the options in the Vjoy configuration tool

as per the image below:

[ external image ]

Then finally mapping the axis as follows

[ external image ]

Then just go to the buttons tabs a map the buttons as required.

Vjoy lives here : http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/joomla256.02/
UJR Lives here : http://evilc.com/joomla/articles/9-code ... k-remapper

One last thing, dont forget to add -ignorejoy 15 to the startup options; this will disable the continuous signal from the mode switch.

Happy flying, trading, galactic domination...what ever your creed :)

Best.
hiltz

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 20. Jan 17, 18:34

I fixed a few link and edit issues in the opening post.

This seems a great piece of advice that could benefit other X55 users. Would it be OK to include a link to this in an Egosoft FAQ if possible?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

hardcastle

Post by hardcastle » Sat, 21. Jan 17, 00:21

Sure, Im happy for this to be in the faq's :)

Cheers

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 22. Jan 17, 18:29

Added to the Egosoft FAQ under Technical Support -> Controllers: [FAQ] How can I use multiple control devices in X3TC/X3AP?.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Sun, 22. Jan 17, 19:58

For those using Thrustmaster products there is Target software, available from their products page.

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/cat-joysticks-en/

The virtual joystick can only have 32 buttons mapped, due to a DX limitation.
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 22. Jan 17, 20:15

@Terre
Is the configuration of this target software straight forward or is there anything to note when trying to configure it for multiple devices in X3TC/AP?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Sun, 22. Jan 17, 22:36

X2-Illuminatus wrote:@Terre
Is the configuration of this target software straight forward or is there anything to note when trying to configure it for multiple devices in X3TC/AP?
The game just sees the virtual device and should just map what ever type of switch the player selects, I've not tried the virtual joystick, which, in my case, is two Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joysticks, with any of the X games, maybe X4 will have a requirement for six degrees of freedom.
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 23. Jan 17, 21:26

Thank you for the additional information. I added a short note and a link to the Thrustmaster T.A.R.G.E.T software website to the FAQ article.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”