Warehouse collecting the produced goods of my stations

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

foxxbl
x4

Warehouse collecting the produced goods of my stations

Post by foxxbl » Tue, 17. Jan 17, 15:50

Hi!
Is it possible and how, to setup the Warehouse to collect all products from my stations in the system, so I do not need to collect them myself, and to serve as a source of a intermediate products.
The reason is that seldom the stations storage get full of the products and I don't want to micromanage that.
But I don't want to allow Manager buying the goods from other factions.

I suppose this should be necessary:
- define warehouse goods to buy and set highest buying price.
But then how to limit to buy only from myself??

All my stations and that warehouse is in the same system (DeVries).

And an additional question - will the station managers then buy (take) these goods for their own production from the warehouse?

Thank you!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 17. Jan 17, 20:29

There is a setting within the station manager's configuration that allows you to restrict trading of particular (or all) wares with other factions (ie. not you.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Tue, 17. Jan 17, 22:44

RAVEN.myst wrote:There is a setting within the station manager's configuration that allows you to restrict trading of particular (or all) wares with other factions (ie. not you.)
Thanks RAVEN, I see it now... I set the warehouse manager to buy own drones from my 2 drone factories, price set to max.
Lets see how it behaves

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 18. Jan 17, 03:18

You're welcome, and good luck. :) There's some non-intuitive subtlety that I never did quite get the hang of, with regards to the trade restrictions settings, and it's covered in one of the wiki pages, but I don't remember where, so with luck maybe someone who knows what I mean may link you to it. But at the very least, working that setting at face value should get you basically the behaviour you're looking for.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Wed, 18. Jan 17, 16:41

Raven,

You may be referring to the fact that, if you want to restrict trade to some items of your station but not others, you need to select YES to restrict trade to all items, then select NO to the certain items you want NPC trading with. It won't work the other way around.

Regards,
Thu

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 18. Jan 17, 17:05

Thufar wrote:Raven,

You may be referring to the fact that, if you want to restrict trade to some items of your station but not others, you need to select YES to restrict trade to all items, then select NO to the certain items you want NPC trading with. It won't work the other way around.

Regards,
Thu
There's actually something else I'm thinking of, and it has to do with (vaguely - I don't even remember this fully) HOW particular wares are... ummm, no, never mind, I can't even put it into words, hahahahh :D So, to mitigate this singularly unhelpful comment, I dug up the relevant link (oddly enough, though I normally have a good head for stuff like this, this simple table makes my head spin - I guess we all have our blind spots! :D)

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... tion+trade
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”