Finishing the Integrative URV Forge in Glaring Truth

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mcsquared
x3tc

Finishing the Integrative URV Forge in Glaring Truth

Post by mcsquared » Wed, 21. Dec 16, 21:31

I'm at the point where I need to buy 674 Bio-Optic Wiring and 286 Fusion Reactors. If I fly to Buried Treasure to the High Tech Fab and the Fusion Reactors at the Ship Tech Fab I immediately come under heavy fire from PMC ships and the people wil not sell to me. Is there any other place I can get these items and not be killed in the process?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 21. Dec 16, 21:37

Omicron Lyrae.

You need to do some further plot progress to get there via the plot route. In any case some exploration of that System is required.

If you let the station Architect buy stuff and give them a budget, they may get some from visiting Free Traders too.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Dewar

Post by Dewar » Wed, 21. Dec 16, 21:41

Fusion reactors should be available at:

Albion » Ascendancy » Buried Treasure » Ship Tech Fab #2 (Fusion Core Fac module)
Albion » Ascendancy » Forge-Welded Mail » Ship Tech Fab #3 (Fusion Core Fac module)
Albion » Ascendancy » Shady Vault » URV Parts Supply #4 (Fusion Core Fac module)

Bases in both Buried Treasure and Forge-Welded Mail are under the control of Ladda Industrial and shouldn't be hostile with you by default. If you've angered them, the only way I know of to get this step of the plot done is to steal the reactors you need, or wait and hope that AI controlled universal traders get you the supplies you need.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 21. Dec 16, 21:44

At that point in the campaign, your reputation with PMC is locked at -20, meaning that you can neither improve it nor make it worse. More importantly, the -20 rating means the following: your fighting ships (which include your Skunk) will be fired upon by PMC armed forces on sight (traders and miners will ignore you until you fire on them, then they'll defend themselves.) However, your "civilian" ships (trade, mine, build) will NOT be attacked by any PMC as long as they don't themselves initiate hostilities. Thus, if you don't undock off your trading capital ship, you can quite happily come and go without being disturbed. Better yet, you can remote buy the stuff you need by ordering your freighters to do so while you do something completely different, somewhere completely different. Just make sure that the Defense Officer on your freighter is set to "Defend", otherwise he/she will start fights, which your freighter is not going to live through.

Alan Phipps wrote:Omicron Lyrae.

You need to do some further plot progress to get there via the plot route. In any case some exploration of that System is required.
This wouldn't work, as you can't make the required plot progress until you complete that station.

As for visiting Universe Traders, that might work, and I would advise opening up the architect's buying option and giving her some operating funds - just in case, because in the rather unlikely event that it does happen, it will certainly be saving you some trouble.

Also, as Dewar indicates, there are alternative ways to acquire the stuff you need - most of them involve piracy or theft in some form or another :D
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 21. Dec 16, 21:54

"This wouldn't work, as you can't make the required plot progress until you complete that station."

Fair enough - I was pretty sure that my playthrough of the plot progressed while that station was still undergoing building of parts of it. That was several patches and a long time ago and so maybe I have that wrong for today.

Also with the TO DLC there are a couple of ways to get to OL once you have been to DeVries and have opened the jumpgates.

EDIT: I think I recall now, you had to build about 3-5 major stage 1 parts for the plot to progress but didn't need all the subsequent stage 2 etc extension parts. (I think.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 21. Dec 16, 23:10

Alan Phipps wrote:EDIT: I think I recall now, you had to build about 3-5 major stage 1 parts for the plot to progress but didn't need all the subsequent stage 2 etc extension parts. (I think.)
i am sure it was just one specific extension which contained the actual drone production (its not in the base Station), but only that specific extension, everything else is optional. not sure which sequence it is though..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 22. Dec 16, 00:41

Plot sequence:
Spoiler
Show
1 build base station
2 DV expansion/mining mission
3 build first URV stage
4 battle at DV-AL Gate
5 welcome to OL
if you own HoL DLC its pretty easy to buy those wares in HoL, or to build a HoL Warehouse in AL close to the DV Gate.
if you own TO DLC you can fly though the Teladi system to get to OL before the plot opens the DV-OL Gate and buy things there.
if you don't own any DLC you can still start building a random station in AL close to the DV Gate give the Architect the order to buy the Resources + some money and use a second ship to use waretransfer to move the resources from the "fake" CV to the Plot CV, as inside AL NPC's will deliver these ware pretty fast.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Loltak
x4

Post by Loltak » Thu, 22. Dec 16, 00:49

IIRC that should be the URV wharf.

If you want to speed up and reduce the needed resources, don't add weapon/shield.
Add them after, the station will already produces goods and so produces cash .
X4: Fondations Vanilla all extension.
Casual ineffective player at slow pace

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 22. Dec 16, 20:54

OL does not sell BIO-OPTIC wiring btw, that product is not used there for their factories and ships.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 22. Dec 16, 21:17

ezra-r wrote:OL does not sell BIO-OPTIC wiring btw, that product is not used there for their factories and ships.
LOL, very good point - I didn't even pick up on that, as I was thinking in general terms (what players usually scratch their heads about is the RMP if they want to get self-sustaining, which then HAS to be acquired alternatively and can come from OL, followed by FRs because of how easily supply of those gets disrupted.) OL use plasma pumps in lieu of BOWs.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 22. Dec 16, 21:17

U could do it like i do. If u have the dlcs u can head to Omicron lyre over Fields of Opportunity. Far Out in Albion connects to it and from there u can travel to OL.

The gates open as soon as u enter the DeVriese gate.

PS: Bring a boarding crew, u'll find an abandoned Ranahas on the OL side of the FO gate.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 22. Dec 16, 22:33

iforgotmysocks wrote:U could do it like i do. If u have the dlcs u can head to Omicron lyre over Fields of Opportunity. Far Out in Albion connects to it and from there u can travel to OL.

The gates open as soon as u enter the DeVriese gate.

PS: Bring a boarding crew, u'll find an abandoned Ranahas on the OL side of the FO gate.
Well, as we just discussed above, BOWs are not even available in OL (though they are in Home of Neon Lights, for those who have that DLC). RMPs and FRs, of course, can be acquired that way from OL (though to me it seems a bit like cheating, seeing as OL only "appears" for the player later in the campaign... But that's just me :D )
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Fri, 23. Dec 16, 00:51

na that's not cheating (you still need to get though these nasty nebulas in TO), cheating is:
using the autopilot on a disabled gate and it will successfully use it. :roll:
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 23. Dec 16, 01:05

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:na that's not cheating (you still need to get though these nasty nebulas in TO), cheating is:
using the autopilot on a disabled gate and it will successfully use it. :roll:
Sure, but you are missing my nuance, here :) It is (to me) inconsistent with the events in the universe - the OL gate only opens once a certain point in the plot is reached. This was instituted in original pre-TO vanilla, but subsequently both TO and HoL have muddied the waters by ignoring the very circumstances set up in the pre-expansion game. So yes, it is not "cheating" in the purist sense of the word, and it can be argued that because it was ES themselves that broke the consistency, that it was never there in the first place. Still, to me it feels "exploity" :D

Bear in mind that incidental/tangential story elements and such suggest a certain time-line [no, don't ask for specifics, I'm talking about a general impression given by many voice clips, some very short, so I couldn't remember even if I tried] which the gate access from the DLCs contradicts. Of course, that being said, on the other hand some NPCs in smalltalk discuss things they couldn't possibly be privy to, at the time they mention them - so maybe my fastidiousness with internal consistency is totally ill founded :D
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Fri, 23. Dec 16, 03:52

With the help of all you fine folks, I got the Bio-Optic Wiring in Buried Treasure, however, there is not a Ship Tech Fab there to get the Fusion Reactors. Any suggestions or shall I see if I can get to OL through Far Out.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 23. Dec 16, 04:56

Go practice your boarding skills on PMC freighters? (Marines will train up but your Marine Officer won't, so hire a high-skill one & stick with them)

Also Dewar posted

<Albion » Ascendancy » Buried Treasure » Ship Tech Fab #2 (Fusion Core Fac module)
Albion » Ascendancy » Forge-Welded Mail » Ship Tech Fab #3 (Fusion Core Fac module)
Albion » Ascendancy » Shady Vault » URV Parts Supply #4 (Fusion Core Fac module) >

earlier..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 23. Dec 16, 05:16

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but you can board PMC ships that are traveling to shipyard. Or you can hack other races ships to drop cargo (i never done that though).
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 23. Dec 16, 11:19

Dewar wrote:Fusion reactors should be available at:

Albion » Ascendancy » Buried Treasure » Ship Tech Fab #2 (Fusion Core Fac module)
Albion » Ascendancy » Shady Vault » URV Parts Supply #4 (Fusion Core Fac module)

Bases in both Buried Treasure and Forge-Welded Mail are under the control of Ladda Industrial and shouldn't be hostile with you by default.
In addition to being PMC-owned, the URV Parts Supply manufactures Fusion Reactors as an intermediate ware for use in drone production. When intermediate are in high demand, like Fusion Reactors, I think they are only rarely sold or stored by such stations.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 23. Dec 16, 11:55

There are two ShipTechFabs in Albion, both in Ascendancy, if I recall correctly. Here's the snag, though - those items are in quite high demand, AND the supply tends to get disrupted. What I would highly recommend is that you find both of those STFs (I think one is in Forge Welded Mail, the other is in... Buried Treasure itself, I think?), to get station trade agents on both if you don't already have them, and then to also scan the Fusion Core Fab modules on both (there are 2 per STF, they're kinda cylindrical, arranged horizontally parallel to each other, and pulse a sort of greenish glow - very distinctive looking, actually). This will allow you to keep tabs on production, with the following benefits:
- You'll be able to predict when a production cycle will end, and thus be ready to place an order at that point, hopefully beating NPC traders that are also after thoseFRs.
- You'll be able to see when production has stalled for lack of resources, and determine which resources are missing, allowing you to sell those to the station in order to get production rolling again (and in so doing, take a hand in a significant aspect of events, in a sense)

Of course, you COULD instead make your way to Omicron Lyrae or Home of Neon Lights, but I would argue that the way outlined above is probably more satisfying (certainly it is for me, but I can hardly claim to be "representative of most populous demographics", I suppose :P )

EDIT: Corrected a typo
Last edited by RAVEN.myst on Mon, 26. Dec 16, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Mon, 26. Dec 16, 05:36

I played the HOL and managed to open the OL gate in Devries, However, after going over every station in OL and HOL, I still did not find any that had any Fusion Reactors in stock. Any suggestions?

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”