[PROGRAM] X Plugin Manager : V1.87 : 2024-01-06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Malakie
x4

Have not heard from Cycrow in the Plugin Manager thread so thought maybe others?

Post by Malakie » Sun, 18. Dec 16, 01:17

I had to reinstall to a new drive, my games.

Did so clean. Installed the mods I use normally. Game runs and plays with no problems at all.

However, now when I try to install ships, even one, the game corrupts.

Basically if I install a ship and start a new game, I get a box of icons for a cursor and apparently I die right off the bat as the game over anim plays...

If I then remove the ships, the game STAYS corrupt like even though I again try to start a new game.

As long as I do not try to install a ship via the Plugin Manager, the game and the mods I installed work just fine..

Any help on this?

UPDATE: 17DEC2016

Been doing some troubleshooting. Strangely with a lot of trial and error, I was able to figure out it is something in the ship.pcx file however whatever is being corrupted is due to the Package installer tool.

If I first load all my ships, install any SPK's I want to use then EXIT, everything is fine. If I then install the rest of my scripts manually, again everything is fine.

Doing it this way only entering the package installer once, everything works in the game and no issues.

However, if I exit the plugin manager for any reason after I have exited it the first time, it corrupts the ships.pcx file regardless of what I do.

At first I had thought it might be one of the ships I was using. that is not the case. It does not matter if I had installed one ship or 200 ships.. the same result. If I open the package manager after having been in it once, it corrupts the ships file.

Now, while the game appears to run fine, I am also NOT able to use the current X3 Editor 2 to modify or edit the ships file. It gives an error and will not allow that file to load there either.... even though the game plays just fine...

Summary, something is happening when the current plugin manager is saving out the ships file and as long as you do not go back into the plugin manager a second time, the game will work but you cannot edit anything or change anything.

I hope Cycrow can read this and see if there is something that can be done about this.... I really would like to get back to playing again...
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 18. Dec 16, 10:49

***Merged with Plugin Manager thread***

Even if Cycrow is currently not around, the Plugin Manager thread is correct place to post about issues with the Plugin Manager.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

zdan30
x4

cant add ships or detect mods/scripts in game

Post by zdan30 » Sun, 18. Dec 16, 16:55

Hi ive been trying to get this to work for 2 days now,pretty much my entire weekend.
I bought the game via steam recently as i wanted to try Rebirth and X TC-AP.

Im using the latest version of plug in manager and it seems simple to use but for the life of me i cant seem to get things to work.

So im using Win10 and the no steam exe

Would really like to get this working as i have time off soon.

I did manage to get one ship in game and that was after a fresh install of the game via steam and all i did was move the directory and add the no steam exe,i then added the directory to the plug in manager,added the ship file,went in game,targeted the shipyard,clicked info and scrolled down and there it was.

since then ive not been able to replicate this once,i have nothing in my AL settings in game and even enabling the script editor doesnt seem to show me any scripts ive added.

Im clearly doing something massively wrong so im hoping someone can help.
Im happy to provide any information you need to help me.

if i could just get a couple of ships in game a TL an M1 and a TS id be happy and a couple of scripts.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 18. Dec 16, 18:36

**Merged with Plugin Manager thread**

Make sure that the Plugin Manager is turned to Modified mode, otherwise installed scripts and mods won't be loaded.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Sun, 18. Dec 16, 22:03

Of all the things i didnt realise it could be this was it

Q: When trying to use Albion Prelude the plugin manager seems to show it was Terran Conflict
A: First make sure that in the drop down menu, it shows the correct AP directory, if its correct, then the plugin manager has detected the game wrong. To fix it, delete the file, "My Documents/Egosoft/pluginmanager.dat" then reload the plugin manager (and add the directory again if its not detected)

After doing this it all just seemed to work

I should i noticed this sooner and i only have my self to blame but maybe posting this someone else might benefit even though it is on the first page

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Have not heard from Cycrow in the Plugin Manager thread so thought maybe others?

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 16:26

Malakie wrote:I had to reinstall to a new drive, my games.

Did so clean. Installed the mods I use normally. Game runs and plays with no problems at all.

Basically if I install a ship and start a new game, I get a box of icons for a cursor and apparently I die right off the bat as the game over anim plays...

If I then remove the ships, the game STAYS corrupt like even though I again try to start a new game.

As long as I do not try to install a ship via the Plugin Manager, the game and the mods I installed work just fine..

Any help on this?

Been doing some troubleshooting. Strangely with a lot of trial and error, I was able to figure out it is something in the ship.pcx file however whatever is being corrupted is due to the Package installer tool.

If I first load all my ships, install any SPK's I want to use then EXIT, everything is fine. If I then install the rest of my scripts manually, again everything is fine.

Doing it this way only entering the package installer once, everything works in the game and no issues.

However, if I exit the plugin manager for any reason after I have exited it the first time, it corrupts the ships.pcx file regardless of what I do.

At first I had thought it might be one of the ships I was using. that is not the case. It does not matter if I had installed one ship or 200 ships.. the same result. If I open the package manager after having been in it once, it corrupts the ships file.

Now, while the game appears to run fine, I am also NOT able to use the current X3 Editor 2 to modify or edit the ships file. It gives an error and will not allow that file to load there either.... even though the game plays just fine...

Summary, something is happening when the current plugin manager is saving out the ships file and as long as you do not go back into the plugin manager a second time, the game will work but you cannot edit anything or change anything.

I hope Cycrow can read this and see if there is something that can be done about this.... I really would like to get back to playing again...
I assume you mean the TShips.pck file ?
if you delete the generated one, does the game run normally ?

what exactly is corrupt, is it just the ships you have installed, or is it happening to all ships ?

Malakie
x4

Re: Have not heard from Cycrow in the Plugin Manager thread so thought maybe others?

Post by Malakie » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 19:59

Cycrow wrote:
Malakie wrote:I had to reinstall to a new drive, my games.

Any help on this?

I assume you mean the TShips.pck file ?
if you delete the generated one, does the game run normally ?

what exactly is corrupt, is it just the ships you have installed, or is it happening to all ships ?

During troubleshooting this issue, I created three directories to try and isolate it down.

DIR 1 was clean install
DIR 2 was clean install with ONLY my scripts I use installed
DIR 3 was clean install with ONLY A ship installed (tried it with multiple ships, 2 ships, 5 ships and 1 ship)

Regardless of how I installed things, once I exit the manager the first time, the game runs as it should, not a problem either scripts OR with the ships I installed to test.

BUT if I then exit the game, load back into the plugin manager then exit out where it recreates the ships.pck file, THEN try to load the game and start a new game, it is corrupt. The game starts with the mouse point as a block of numerous icons then you hear an explosion and the Game Over anim plays.

Additional tests then showed me that if I install ships FIRST (even just of any of them) THEN install my scripts, the game does the same thing.. it starts normal, no problems, ships are in the game etc. Then if I exit the game, go back into the plugin manager and exit it then go back into the game to start a new game, the corruption results.

However, IF I install SCRIPTS first, THEN install a ship or two (again it does not matter what ship I use or how many), the game does not start a new game properly from the start at all.

After receiving your reply, I did further testing to include:

Again clean install, NO scripts/mods installed. Installed a couple ships. (I have over 400 ships, many done by you) and have tried numerous ones to insure it was not just one specific ship causing the problem.

Loaded game, all normal, game start normal, ships installed appear as they should.

Exited game, loaded back into plugin manager, exited PM, loaded game, corrupt start.

Exited game, deleted Tships.pck file. Game loads normal, game start normal.

Exited game, loaded into PM again. Exited PM (it did create a new Tships.pck as expected), loaded game, game start corrupted.

I AM able to load this Tships.pck into the X3 Editor 2 for viewing. I see nothing out of order looking at it. All entries look normal to me.

UPDATE!: I figured out the cause of the problem! I continued debugging. One of the things I always have done and did not realize I was doing it automatically, was I have some base scripts that are installed on my clean install that you created...

Mainly they are the ones you include with the Plugin manager plus two others that I include with yours since I always use them anytime I play the game. MARS and a couple ones I created that are just basic scripts that read data but do not modify anything.

The problem turns out to be something between the latest version of the MARS mod/scripts and the Plugin Manager, specifically the 80kb .CAT file installed with MARS.

Removing JUST the MARS .cat file, solved the entire problem. BUT if that .CAT file is installed and you load the plugin manager, it corrupts the TShips.pck file for some reason I am not able to figure out myself. Removing the MARS .cat file and re-running Plugin Manager FIXES the Tships.pck file.

In this case then, is it an issue with the Plugin Manager OR is it an issue with the MARS .cat file? If you can determine which is true, and if it is the MARS file, then I will write a message to GAZZ about this problem. If it is the Plugin Manager, please let us know as well if there will be a fix forthcoming. Without the Plugin Manager, it would be a nightmare to do anything, that is for sure.
Take it light.....

Malakie

Zasmussen

Links broken?

Post by Zasmussen » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 22:08

Is it just me or are the links on the first page broken? Every one of them leads to a page that says the site can't be reached and any other version to try and download the manager leads to the same thing. Just wondering if it's not supported anymore or if it's something wrong on my end

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 20. Dec 16, 17:07

Malakie wrote: ...

Removing JUST the MARS .cat file, solved the entire problem. BUT if that .CAT file is installed and you load the plugin manager, it corrupts the TShips.pck file for some reason I am not able to figure out myself. Removing the MARS .cat file and re-running Plugin Manager FIXES the Tships.pck file.

In this case then, is it an issue with the Plugin Manager OR is it an issue with the MARS .cat file? If you can determine which is true, and if it is the MARS file, then I will write a message to GAZZ about this problem. If it is the Plugin Manager, please let us know as well if there will be a fix forthcoming. Without the Plugin Manager, it would be a nightmare to do anything, that is for sure.
not sure if it'll be a problem with MARS or the plugin manager, but whats likely happening is, that the plugin manager is using the MARS mod as its base mod, and adding the ships into its TShips file.

Which should usually work fine, but maybe either MARS is corrupt, or the plugin manager is not reading its file properly and therefore creating a bad TShips.

i will look into it, and see if i can trace the cause

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Links broken?

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 20. Dec 16, 17:07

Zasmussen wrote:Is it just me or are the links on the first page broken? Every one of them leads to a page that says the site can't be reached and any other version to try and download the manager leads to the same thing. Just wondering if it's not supported anymore or if it's something wrong on my end
Theres an issue with the server, im trying to get it back online

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 20. Dec 16, 21:29

looks like apache got corrupt, should all be back up now

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Wed, 21. Dec 16, 00:42

Cycrow wrote:
Malakie wrote: ...

not sure if it'll be a problem with MARS or the plugin manager, but whats likely happening is, that the plugin manager is using the MARS mod as its base mod, and adding the ships into its TShips file.

Which should usually work fine, but maybe either MARS is corrupt, or the plugin manager is not reading its file properly and therefore creating a bad TShips.

i will look into it, and see if i can trace the cause

Great.. Can you let us know when you get the chance? For the time being, I am removing the .cat file whenever I enter the plug in manager and they putting it back to enter the game since it is needed for MARS to initialize apparently.
Take it light.....

Malakie

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Thu, 22. Dec 16, 19:50

Is there any thing i can do with package creater when modifying a ship to make the game crash?
Some ships ive added work fine where as others make the game crash either instanly after undocking or sometimes when about to go through a gate and sometimes jumping in although i think that mightve been the prospector script which ive since removed.

I had downloaded ships from http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=274276

Im not very tech so maybe if you could say things to avoid when modifying ships,im mainly making them faster around 250,making them easier to handle, adding larger shields and adding cargo space,slotting most weapons and missiles and adding them to one of the four main races shipyards.

Sorry if this isnt very clear i can try explain it further.
Im playing AP

viperfan7
x4

Post by viperfan7 » Tue, 27. Dec 16, 09:57

Looks like the server is down again. Maybe get a mirror going for the downloads until the server issues are figured out?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 28. Dec 16, 01:19

im currently setting up a separate web server. The current one is running out of memory and crashing.

hopefully in the next few days i will have a mirror server ready

Rifmaz

Cycrow is Awesome

Post by Rifmaz » Mon, 9. Jan 17, 23:42

Great Program. I have one suggestion that would make it perfect. When I click on the GUI and use my scroll wheel it defaults to the game directory drop down and refreshes the mod list. Its a small thing but if you ever make an update I hope you would include defaulting it to the mods list as a fix.

Another thing, it would also be handy to have a check box where I could specify Launch my selected Game in Full Screen or Windowed Mode. I alternate between the two choices and it would be another nice feature.

YOU ROCK!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 11. Jan 17, 19:53

i will defiantly look at the scroll, it does something similar in Visual Studio and it drives me mad

Tkdmaster
x4

Post by Tkdmaster » Fri, 24. Mar 17, 23:17

Hey...is there anyway to have the manager show mod conflicts? due to how many mods are packaged up, its very difficult sometimes to see what will conflict with eachother, and as far as I know there's currently no easy way to tell this.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 25. Mar 17, 17:40

I think one of the additional tools of the PM can show potential conflicts between scripts, like using the same command slots or wares. (I guess it was the Package explorer!? Really haven't used it in quite a while.) Not sure what the exact capabilities are though. There is, however, mr.bear's Mod conflict viewer, which from the screenshots alone looks interesting. I haven't used it myself though, so I cannot tell how good it works.

Allegri

Please help! Where are my save files?

Post by Allegri » Sat, 1. Apr 17, 15:00

So I installed this Plugin Manager to try out a script. During installataion I let it enable save game manager. Now I can't find my saves.

I cant believe my save files are simply gone so please help me recover them. I googled for information about this and found some posts by other people that encountered the same issue. However, for none of these people the problem was resolved. They just accepted they lost their saves and started over. I invested alot of time and do not want to accept that my saves are simply gone.

The save folder where the saves used to be is simply empty and there are no *.sav files anywhere on the hard drive. So I assume the plugin manager comressed the files or something. I never enabled "modified" mode in the manager or actually used any plugins because I realized I didnt want to flag my saves as "modified" and rather just stick with the vanilla version.

So how do I recover my save files now?

Shouldnt this plugin manager make backups of the saves before it starts manipulating them?

In hindsight I should have made backups of my save files before enabling some "save game manager", sure. But still, this is unacceptable. Please help.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”