X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Mon, 14. Nov 16, 16:39

xptical wrote:About to restart X3TC (steam version 3.2d). Is this mod compatible?
zazie wrote:Not at all.
zazie wrote:I strongly recommend to install XTC on a COPY of your X3TC-installation.
These two answers seem to contradict each other. If the XTC is not compatible with X3TC version 3.2d, then how can you suggest to install it over a X3TC copy? Therefore I think you mean it is compatible, but you have to start a new game, which xptical intended to do anyhow according to their initial post.
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Tue, 15. Nov 16, 10:46

I think the difference is semantic.

XTC must be installed over X3TC 3.2. XTC is a mod, not a stand-alone game.

But as XTC does replace a lot of the original X3TC-scripts with its owns, I recommend to install this mod on a separate "Vanilla" installation of X3TC.

Yes, you have to start a new game. Obviously, as the game starts are completely different and as any X3TC-savegame would instantly crash in XTC.

That is the sense of 'compatible' I used. And I am pretty sure that is the sense xptical meant when he/she wrote: about to restart X3TC.

More information for installing XTC in Steam: Link . Actually, I get an error message for that link.
But the entry page works

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Tue, 15. Nov 16, 11:29

I think you did not understand what my post was about. Your reply to the question, whether the XTC is compatible to X3TC 3.2, was "not at all", which would mean under no circumstances you should install it over X3TC 3.2. (It does not really matter whether it's a copy of the game or not, when it's incompatible after all.) When in reality you meant, which you proceeded to tell, that it is infact compatible. And yes, I would argue that this is quite a big difference.

Steam Installation Instructions:

Anyway, the Steam installation info is actually quite simple:
  1. Locate your Steam X3: Terran Conflict folder. This FAQ article describes where it usually is located.
  2. Copy the whole X3: Terran Conflict folder to a different directory. For example C:\games\.
  3. Download the 3.x -> 3.3 patch and install it to the just copied X3: Terran Conflict folder. For example C:\games\X3 Terran Conflict.
  4. Now download the XTC files and install them to the copied folder.
  5. Start a new game.
(The idea of the steps 1 to 3 is to create a secondary installation, which is completely independent from Steam. If you wouldn't do this, and Steam is run in online mode, it would try to repair the vanilla files which were replaced by the mod files. Thus break the mod installation. If you want to run further mod installations in parallel, you can create a third, fourth etc. installation the same way. Just keep in mind that all savegames and control profiles are saved in the same location for all games.)

Edit: Changed formatting slightly, so that the installation instructions are easier to identify and linked them in the opening post. X2-Illuminatus

Edit2: Changed Patch link to new 3.3 update. X2-Illuminatus
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Tue, 15. Nov 16, 13:13

My use of "compatability" is corresponding to the XTC-Team. As I said: semantic difference. You interpretation of "not at all" is your personal definition.
Extended - Terran Conflict FAQs wrote:Q10. Which mods/scripts are compatible?
A. Officially none - in particular the official Egosoft Bonus Pack in incompatible.
There is a thread discussing compatibility on the Egosoft Forums here, and a similar one by Joelnh in the Scripts and Mods Subforum here.
There are a few scattered discussions on the forums here - for example Lucike's Scripts and Mars (currently two competing threads in the user created scripts subforum here and here).
Q11. Is it savegame-compatible with Terran Conflict?
A. No
Q14. Can I play conventional Terran Conflict in the same installation?
A. No. You would need a completely separate installation. Beware that the savegames from the two different games finish up in the same place, and are liable to overwrite each other.
Source
But thanks for explaining the Steam installation of XTC to xptical.

froger
x4

Post by froger » Thu, 22. Dec 16, 09:32

Here is a link to megaupload just highlight it and past it

https://mega.nz/#F%21FFV2RDCL%216iKrPrNvCrEZqPFzMN0Wdg

Edit: Fixed the link and added it to the opening post. X2-Illuminatus

Zircon13659
x4

Post by Zircon13659 » Tue, 10. Jan 17, 18:34

froger wrote:Here is a link to megaupload just highlight it and past it

https://mega.nz/#F%21FFV2RDCL%216iKrPrNvCrEZqPFzMN0Wdg

Edit: Fixed the link and added it to the opening post. X2-Illuminatus
Hi,

Its not working with X3TC 3.3 :( how can i downgrade when i only have a steam version? Can sb write a small install-guide?
want to play xtended again - its one of the best games i ever have played :)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 10. Jan 17, 18:47

X3TC 3.3 is only available as a beta version at the moment. To get back to version X3TC 3.2d, simply opt out of the beta by right clicking on the X3 Terran Conflict entry in your Steam library, opening the Properties -> Betas tab and selecting the "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" options from the dropdown menu.

It's generally advised to move the Steam version to a different directory to prevent updates / betas from overwriting any mod files or causing other kinds of compatibility problems. A few posts above, The Q described the necessary steps. This also allows you to run two (or more) separate installations, for example one for playing the XTC and one for testing the game with the latest beta version. Additionally it's a good idea to opt-out of the beta branch, once testing is over. That way you're not surprised by any future beta versions, without having read the respective release notes / changelogs.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Zircon13659
x4

Post by Zircon13659 » Tue, 10. Jan 17, 19:12

X2-Illuminatus wrote:X3TC 3.3 is only available as a beta version at the moment. To get back to version X3TC 3.2d, simply opt out of the beta by right clicking on the X3 Terran Conflict entry in your Steam library, opening the Properties -> Betas tab and selecting the "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" options from the dropdown menu.

It's generally advised to move the Steam version to a different directory to prevent updates / betas from overwriting any mod files or causing other kinds of compatibility problems. A few posts above, The Q described the necessary steps. This also allows you to run two (or more) separate installations, for example one for playing the XTC and one for testing the game with the latest beta version. Additionally it's a good idea to opt-out of the beta branch, once testing is over. That way you're not surprised by any future beta versions, without having read the respective release notes / changelogs.
thanks a lot for the fast response :) i will redownload/install and test it again. Do u know some good mods for xtended? is the x3ap-tended version still working or do u recommand the x3tc version?
last time i played xtended i played the ap version of it with the bonuspack(with xtended fix) and some other mods but i have problems to find links which are not offline.

edit: its working :)
edit2: is there a way to get Lucikes scripts working for 2.2?
edit3: found this statement at page 373 about the scripts of lucikes:

"It sounds like your installation is screwed, to be honest. Also, the bonus pack is incompatible with XTC and will probably wreck things due to conflicts. Updated versions of Lucike's scripts, i.e. everything except the turbo booster, are supposedly compatible, but you have to go to his X3 script site to get the latest versions as those available here are outdated."

so i can use his scripts for 2.2? can sb confirm plz? :)

Zircon13659
x4

Post by Zircon13659 » Thu, 12. Jan 17, 13:34

searching since 2 days for a working CAG Version for XTC 2.2a...
there is no :/

sb know a good trader script for xtc 2.2a? OK-Trader?

Any other good mods which are working for 2.2a?

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 12. Jan 17, 16:09

mods with XTC 2.2a => http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 81#4632781

Lucikes Scripts in XTC is kind of Holy Grail as the XTC-team and Lucike use a completely different approach for handling the scripts, t-files and so on, but the same .

DO NOT install the BonusPack but search for Lucikes files published after the release of BP and XTC 2.2a. You find them on www.xuniversum.info

The original files work with XTC 2.2, but your installation will probably get red as Lucikes files use same command slots as XTC.

In my game I have found a way that the installation is green and the scripts work. But the text-info for CLS and CAG are corrupt, plus other small problems.
If you concentrate on CAG, EST, CLS I and II as far as I know XTC 2.2a still works fine - despite the red incompatibility warning on the loading screen.

Tom2
x3

Post by Tom2 » Thu, 26. Jan 17, 13:04

The second part of the Boron plot ( Behind enemy lines) never starts.

Sectors 404, 406 and 304 are unknown sectors, so this couldn´t be the problem.

The lastest version of the mod is installed.

Any solution ? That would be great.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sun, 29. Jan 17, 14:31

Is it possible to buy advanced and prototype ships in XTC and where to look for them?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Sylevar
x3ap

Post by Sylevar » Wed, 1. Feb 17, 05:50

Forgive me if this has been asked, I have searched through as many pages as I can handle searching but can't find anything. (at least 40)

In my game, I noticed that there are anywhere between 4 and 8 shipyards in almost every sector? Also, absolutely nothing can be bought at them. (their products list is empty, only thing on trade screen is "Energy Cells" & "Crystals".

Is this a bug or did I somehow screw up my installation?

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 3. Feb 17, 23:41

Can anyone of you guys check if you can communicate with Aldrin ships. In my game comm channel is unavailable, is it normal or my game is messed up?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Zircon13659
x4

Post by Zircon13659 » Sat, 4. Feb 17, 20:23

Tom2 wrote:The second part of the Boron plot ( Behind enemy lines) never starts.

Sectors 404, 406 and 304 are unknown sectors, so this couldn´t be the problem.

The lastest version of the mod is installed.

Any solution ? That would be great.
Read this (bottom):
http://www.thexuniverse.com/archive/ind ... 23268.html
its working for me

Sylevar wrote:Forgive me if this has been asked, I have searched through as many pages as I can handle searching but can't find anything. (at least 40)

In my game, I noticed that there are anywhere between 4 and 8 shipyards in almost every sector? Also, absolutely nothing can be bought at them. (their products list is empty, only thing on trade screen is "Energy Cells" & "Crystals".

Is this a bug or did I somehow screw up my installation?
sound like a bug. install clean x3TC THEN use patch 3.2d again (download from main side of egosoft) after this install xtended 2.2 + fix. This is working for me.
Sorkvild wrote:...
u can buy most of the ships ( here is a link http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/posting ... start=5580 look at the end mediafire link )
i need to check the com with aldrin but i cant remember any problem with them.

If have a Problem too:
My Khaak are not expanding/invading. They are getting a sector and then do nothing. I have delete this 4 scripts:
-plugin.XTC.Lib.PlotProtectedSectors.xml
-plugin.XTC.Lib.PlotProtectCheck.xml
-plugin.XTC.Lib.EnforcePlotProtect.xml
-plugin.XTC.Cheat.ChangePlotProtection
but they are still not expanding :( i killed the hive to let it respawn, turned the plugin off/on, nothing is working :( the xenon seems to be a bit buggy too but they expanded in the north east.

my xtended is green but i am using the following scripts/mods: credit-managment, energycellgen, galaxyexplorer, OK-Trader, Smart-Turrets, Super-Tractor, CheatCollection, xpluginmanager. sb have an idea? sorry for bad english x)

JDCollie
x3tc

Post by JDCollie » Sun, 5. Feb 17, 02:42

Is the bonus pack compatible with X-Tended?
Someone please make a transaction history mod. Please. (I'm begging you.)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 5. Feb 17, 10:24

No, it isn't.
Installation instructions wrote:2. Make sure you have a new, clean installation of Terran Conflict patched to version 3.2 or later. (A clean installation means there are no other scripts and mods installed – Not even the official bonus pack.) Please note: If you have the Steam version of the game, please follow the instructions posted here.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Zircon13659
x4

Post by Zircon13659 » Sun, 5. Feb 17, 14:25

sb have an idea to my not expanding khaak? :(

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Thu, 9. Feb 17, 23:54

Hey JK, if you're still around or someone else is, I can't seem to find a good download link for this mod. If anyone has a good link to a copy of it, please let me know, I'll check back here every other day for an update, Cheers

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 10. Feb 17, 09:16

There are three different working download links in the opening post of this thread.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”