PMC Impounded Ships

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Spaceman Sublime
x4

PMC Impounded Ships

Post by Spaceman Sublime » Sun, 6. Nov 16, 21:35

So I am on a new game, and I had an idea to overcome the whole shortage of wares when constructing stations in DeVries. Said idea is to purchase everything necessary for construction beforehand, so that when my ships are returned from the impound, I already have all needed construction materials.

So the question is this.

When your ships are impounded by and then later returned from PMC, are any of the wares onboard the ships affected?

I appreciate any responses.
Last edited by Spaceman Sublime on Sun, 6. Nov 16, 21:42, edited 1 time in total.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Sun, 6. Nov 16, 21:42

I did that and got all the wares when the ships got returned. My game was similar and I role played as the "DeVries Relief Expeditionary Force", got a few traders full of wares and some warships before going through the Gate.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Mon, 7. Nov 16, 01:54

For people who don't know:

you can circumvent the entire ship impound part when you setup a station in Albion.. maybe in the empty Space near the Gate.. and assign all of your ships to the Station.

You can also prepare the entire Building Part with a Ship Tech Fab, Tech Lab and Construction Shop... that in the maintime will make good money and support the Ledda and Heart of Albion Shipyards.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 7. Nov 16, 02:29

Impounded ships are just that: impounded. Their cargo/armament is not touched until released

You may have some slight problems getting the initial Rahanas (plus other obtained ships) to DV, but that shouldn't be a problem with a fleet.. simply make sure it's fully fuelled beforehand & keep an eye on it & order it to DV <zone> ASA the msg comes in that it's been released

Make sure to check their captain/crew orders though: this is one situation where the plot screws with game mechanics & can lead to captain/crew being useless (ie unable to take orders): if this happens get them swapped out with working crew ASAP, then everything should be fine. You shouldn't need to fire anyone; simply remove from squad then swap them from ship to ship should work OK
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”