[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 22. Oct 16, 13:46

Next shit:

[ external image ]

But it won't happen soon, 'cause I need to do some serious tests before.

As you can see, I've added 7 new races ; 7 corporations that each have one of the main races as Nemesis. The less reputation you have with this Nemesis, the cheaper the products. In the current version of Mayhem, I have a problem with the low availability of products as soon as you get hostile to a faction. There's not enough reasons to declare war to other races. With these outsiders corporation (they are supposed to come from outside the X universe, in order to make profits out of the war), you can buy weapons and missiles from races who hate you. Besides, they offer basic missions (5 types) that are only triggered by events (no magic spawn) and grant you corporation reputation and credits. They also have a few ships to salvage wares and bailed ships.

Of course, implementing new factions offer a wide range of possibilities. But for now, I'll make them discreet. The universe is populated enough.

medwed
xr

Post by medwed » Sat, 22. Oct 16, 19:04

Hey Guys (and Joubarbe). First: your and litcube´s mod one of the best :wink: . Second: can you (or someone else) tell me, how i can manage "templates" for the ships and "sources" for the sanctuary, because it is very boring to fly all the time "only" for food by your self. Dock Agent do nothing, because i couldn´t figure out how to set the sources.

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Sat, 22. Oct 16, 19:13

As to where I hail from:

I am the ranking sci-fi/fantasy Military CEO in Virginia, USA!

Well, the most rank, that is, at six in the morning following all-nighters playing Mayhem. Unfortunately RL issues means I have less of those.

_____

Race/Corporations? This sounds yummy.

What immediately occurred to me when I look over the "buy tech stuff from the new corporations" in the "http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/704346 ... 1copie.png" screenshot is:

I've been wanting to go to war against the Teladi in some fashion to spank them for working with Pirates in all the Litcubes games I've played. However the classic problem factors have been...

a) Teladi are often the easiest source for "Trade Command Software MK III" and perhaps other items such as Explorer Command software. Or perhaps I've just memorized the Teladi sectors that have these items without bothering to learn who else has them...historically in X3LU it has been very convenient to be buddiesss with them.

b) Sure, go ahead and get busy with the Teladi in a sector such as Ceo's Doubt...um wait, here comes a 20+ pirate squadron which are ignoring the Teladi ships...and requesting to eat your face. Two minutes later: Hmm, a Marauder and friends. Another 30 minutes: Is that a Galleon?

c) Said Pirates, unless conquered first, would be transiting through that Teladi sector you just took...so in fact a careful Sohnen leader would have to first see to it that the neighboring Pirate sectors are taken care of first. While the Teladi prosper under this cover...

(replace Pirate with Xenon ships above, for such sectors as Grand Exchange and that nasty Xenon gate there)

d) Some impressive shipsss in a Teladi battle group: Heavy Osprey and Raven, I'm looking at you...

____

So perhaps being friends with a "tech corporation" or two would perhaps open up more possibilities of having just one or two major races as friends, such that:

a) I get an alternative source for rare/key tech items that I don't like to leave Sanctuary without (transporter device). I also get an opportunity to spank/get spanked by/capture/scan additional enemies.

b) Alternative income? This might allow me to lean less on UT traders (which in my limited experience appears to require 3+ major races to get an effective trade diameter).

c) And be more Mayhem-ish and have just one or two major races as friends? Basically an option for a much higher game difficulty as I have not experienced multiple enemy races making war on my sectors.

As I continue to learn how to properly play Mayhem, at the moment I can only imagine having one major race as an enemy (well OK maybe two once I have some M2s to call on) as being manageable in the mid-game and beyond.

____

Has anyone else noticed how terrifying that Terran/ATF alliance is? I've yet to see a Terran or ATF sector fall in the last four or so Mayhem games.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 22. Oct 16, 22:43

@medwed: thanks. Mayhem has its own template system that takes into account your resources and crystals. You have a special tab to set "source"; either "buy" or choose from one of your factories. I'm not sure to understand your question :)

@myrmidon: yep ; Terran/ATF alliance is very dangerous. Beware! However, they start with a small isolated territory. They are my main enemy in all my games.

medwed
xr

Post by medwed » Sun, 23. Oct 16, 08:53

Joubarbe wrote:@medwed: thanks. Mayhem has its own template system that takes into account your resources and crystals. You have a special tab to set "source"; either "buy" or choose from one of your factories. I'm not sure to understand your question :)
Ok. Then i try again :P (i though it was clear enough :) ). My main problem with the sanctuary is, that i need a lot of ore, silicium, tube´s etc for building ship´s and stations (and especially food). To do that by your own is (for me) very boring (i like more to fly around and fight :wink: ) but as long i have no food and the needed ressources for building, i can only fly with the beginning ship and by the needed ressources. that is all. I bought the station agent software (and all free trade command software) but can´t use it (the station agent). Someone wrote on page 51, that i can set "sources" and then the dock agent buy these one (couldn´t figure out how). Maybe he mentioned something other.

addition: the economy of the other races seems to by completely broken? i checked all the docks and military stations i found in my time of playing and no one of them sell anymore the big guns, medium one (mostly only software, energy cells and small guns) and the trading stations only sell "currently?" 1 or 3 things.

the other problem i have is, that i can´t land on the HQ´s.
Last edited by medwed on Sun, 23. Oct 16, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 23. Oct 16, 13:39

Please read the LU wiki to better understand the features of the mod. All the questions you asked are LU-vanilla related.

medwed
xr

Post by medwed » Sun, 23. Oct 16, 14:35

Joubarbe wrote:Please read the LU wiki to better understand the features of the mod. All the questions you asked are LU-vanilla related.
Thanks man :wink: . The problem was "MLCC" was instlled :lol: .

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 23. Oct 16, 14:44

Yep, that's thing will be removed in 2.05 ; replaced by special docks on which MLCC will already be installed.

medwed
xr

Post by medwed » Sun, 23. Oct 16, 16:21

Joubarbe wrote:Yep, that's thing will be removed in 2.05 ; replaced by special docks on which MLCC will already be installed.
Ok. And the thing with the HQ`s (Docking Denied)?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 23. Oct 16, 17:21

If by HQ you mean Shipyards, the docking to NPC shipyards is denied. It's intended. If you mean the Sanctuary, it shouldn't be denied and I don't know what to tell you.

medwed
xr

Post by medwed » Sun, 23. Oct 16, 17:41

Joubarbe wrote:If by HQ you mean Shipyards, the docking to NPC shipyards is denied. It's intended. If you mean the Sanctuary, it shouldn't be denied and I don't know what to tell you.
I mean the HQ´s like the "Terracorp HQ".

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 23. Oct 16, 18:33

Well, if your reputation with the Argons is high enough, you should dock. I didn't change anything about Corporations HQ, so it's probably another problem. Maybe your default Friend/Foe settings?

medwed
xr

Post by medwed » Sun, 23. Oct 16, 18:51

Joubarbe wrote:Well, if your reputation with the Argons is high enough, you should dock. I didn't change anything about Corporations HQ, so it's probably another problem. Maybe your default Friend/Foe settings?
Hm. My global settings correct (everyone is friend of me with good reputation). Goners the only one with +3 and the other begin with 4 to 6 (only pirates, ocv, yaki and xenon are foes). If I remember correctly, it started from the time when the headquarters were destroyed destroyed first time (or after loading the save (every time i get the information about new corporation have been created or something like that).

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Mon, 24. Oct 16, 14:39

Hello~ Joubarbe.

Please, help me.

I just want a bluprint for M8. Especially Aquata. Cago is best.

I know there are some terms.
a. must be below 300MJ shields.
b. must be keeping below 5% shield while scanning.

Almost M8 or TS miners do not bailing and also can not boarding.

There is only one ship, that is Viper. Her has 200MJ.

What is 'security error'?

haha, too hard scanning for me.

I tried several time scanning for Viper.

but I couldn't taking the blueprint. almost her became hostile.
because I had to concern below 5% shield. I had to attack continuedly. It was so tight.
and her die or me. Her almost is together other fleets.

How can I getting the blueprint for M8?

please give me a hint.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 24. Oct 16, 15:12

Are you running the latest version (2.04) ?

Now you need to bring the shields down at 5%, no matter the shields installed.

"Security error" is when you mess up the scanning. Then the ship got locked and all scans became impossible.

I don't get what you're asking. The thing is to keep above 5%... Yes it can be hard :) I have no special hints other than: use the "attack shields" command if you have several ships.

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Mon, 24. Oct 16, 16:55

Why not, I'm in 2.04. of course.

ah ha...

now no more restricting 300MJ? Wow, Good to hear that.
I didn't understand your change log exactly.
sorry..

yep, I did mess up scanning to her at that time. hehe...

I understood that situation about "security error".

really no hint? :) don't worry, I'll try more.

thanks always.

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Mon, 24. Oct 16, 17:32

I made it!

I took blueprint of Aquata!

oh, my...

thanks a lot.:)

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Tue, 25. Oct 16, 05:07

Quick design question.

I am noticing a rather large difference between the amount of ore and silicon needed per hour by factories (specifically weapons factories) and the output of ore and silicon mines.

Right now silcon mines produce 7.5 wafers/hour and roughly 30 ore/hour...where the factores need something over 150 ore/hour. I could not build enough ore mines (with the station per sector limit) to support more that one weapons factory. I placed 5 ore mines in Unknown Alpha bringin in just about 150 ore per hour...which was barely enough to run a factory let alone a factory and ship building.

I understand this was designed to be a more resourse limited gameplay, but looking at meatsteaks for example.

1 cahonna meets the needs of a crystal fab, but it takes almost 3 silicon mines. the food requirements are balanced to have 1 cahoona bakery per factory (3 for the capital weapons), but the minerals cannot keep up.

I forces a mobile mining operation (or significant money stream) to get enough ore to build ships and weapons.

Just curious if it was a conscious decision or an "ooops"?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 25. Oct 16, 10:53

Could you provide a save or screenshots ?

You have a problem. 5 ore mines: 150 ore per hour? I have 30 ore per minutes in each of my mines ; that's 9000 ore per hour.

EDIT: there's a problem with the E/I.
EDIT 2: the problem comes from the fact that I destroy the asteroid when you build a mine upon it. And the vanilla E/I doesn't like that. So in order to avoid that problem, you will have to rebuild your mines in 2.05 (in which I removed the destruction of the asteroid). Sorry!

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Tue, 25. Oct 16, 14:05

Makes sense. I built them after an E/I. I'm off to download 2.05 now

Edited. Well maybe not now since you haven't released it yet. :). If I build a mind in 2.04 in a new game will I be ok?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”