[SCR] Ship Loadouts

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

s9ilent
x4

[SCR] Ship Loadouts

Post by s9ilent » Tue, 13. Jan 09, 12:46

Ship Loadouts

What
This is basically a weapon switcher for your ship. It has up to 10 per ship going from 0 to 9. And the best thing, it uses only one hotkey.
*Cheers to Gazz for his hotkey double click doo hickey*

Setup Procedure
To install, smack these into the scripts folder, and bind a hotkey the normal way.
[ external image ]
Loadouts.zip

Uninstall Procedure
To uninstall, open the script editor, run the uninstall script "plugin.hotkey.loadout.uninstall"

Features
What makes this different/better then other ones?
A: Its context sensitive (see next)

Usage
To open up the MENU, double tap the hotkey (Hit the second tap within 0.3 of a second). Then select the loadout and configure it. You can also delete loadouts here.

OR

Setup your weapons normally.
If you don't have any loadouts, and you press it, it will save your CURRENT loadout to loadout 0
If you only have one loadout, and you press it, it will save your CURRENT loadout to loadout 1.

If you have 2+ loadouts, then pressing it will switch between them. (Skipping any empty ones)

The future of this script
To be honest... this is a chopped up version of one from my voice control system. http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=227661 And I never really intended to use it for hotkeys. (as one of the things my voice thing does is obsolete hotkeys)
But... if there is enough pressing demand, I will change the context sensitive part to search through ALL loadouts for what this ship is currently using (possibly irrespective of position), and THEN add one/swap the loadout

Galdaroth
x4

Post by Galdaroth » Wed, 11. Feb 09, 13:48

I really like the idea of this script, but I have a problem.

I installed 3 loadouts on the vidar via the menu - 0, 1, and 9.

Pressing the hotkey with loadout 0 went to 1, pressing it again went to 9. After that, pressing the hotkey just gives me the 'saving loadout 9' message and doesn't go back to 0. All loadouts are still present when going back into the menu.

Loadout 9 consists of repair lasers. Could this be the problem?

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Wed, 11. Feb 09, 21:15

No this script had a bug in it (my bad)

I've fixed it now.

Its been reuploaded.

It should now cycle across all loadouts now. (And the types of lasers it has does not affect it, obviously if your ship doesn't have the laser, it won't load it thou, it will just have a blank slot)

Galdaroth
x4

Post by Galdaroth » Thu, 12. Feb 09, 09:15

Many thanks for the quick fix. I'll look forward to trying it out tonight.

Fumciasty
x3tc

Post by Fumciasty » Sat, 7. Mar 09, 16:49

The script works flawlessly for changing weapons.
My only problem was that I had to manually add the second loadout as pressing the key again just assigned the loadout to no. 0 even if it wasn't empty.

Could I also request a simple entry at the end of the turret list "fit all slots with"?
C2D@3GHz, 4GB Kingston DDR2-800, 8800GT 512MB, GA-P31-DS3L, Vista Ultimate x64

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 21:10

Hrm.. wierd... I thought I did reply... hrm..
I wonder which thread the reply did end up in.... hmm.. oh well.. whoops?

I had recently discovered a bug in the auto SAVE load out function, so I made it revert back to its original setting (If a loadout exists, then just cycle, other wise save 1)
Also w.r.t the turret swapping, it doesn't actually do turrets
w.r.t fit all slots with, Ill take that into consideration

I just don't have any time to script in X3 atm (Uni) and I wont for about another... 6 weeksish?

Fumciasty
x3tc

Post by Fumciasty » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 20:12

By "turrets" I meant "The front turrets/guns which you can control by using your mouse".

No problem. I'll just keep watch of this topic in hope you add the functionality someday :)

I still love this tiny script and thank you so much for posting it.
C2D@3GHz, 4GB Kingston DDR2-800, 8800GT 512MB, GA-P31-DS3L, Vista Ultimate x64

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 06:54

I've been using this also. Great script. A truly must have.

RustInPieces
x4

Post by RustInPieces » Wed, 29. Aug 12, 16:09

Setup your weapons normally.
If you don't have any loadouts, and you press it, it will save your CURRENT loadout to loadout 0
If you only have one loadout, and you press it, it will save your CURRENT loadout to loadout 1.
When I press the hotkey, it overwrites weapon loadout 0 instead of making a new weapon loadout 1.

I just use the Menu, that works alright.

wullf
x4

Post by wullf » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 16:48

great mod, very helpful
tnx

ps. for fast google search

quick weapon swap
change main guns fast

so other can find it better

RustInPieces
x4

Post by RustInPieces » Sat, 15. Oct 16, 17:02

This is great (sorry for necro bump). Is there a similiar script that will change side, top, and bottom turrets as well? edit: perhaps MEFOS?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”