Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 7. Oct 16, 10:27

mtlmaks wrote:Hi, so, it seems that I have saturated the terran market with my 3 APC SCH 290s. Every Military Base, Orbital Defence Station and Patrol Base has full stock and at my HQ they are piling up, 7000+ so far... :/ I initially sold them through the SCHs directly, but when I started noticing the the market slowed down, I switched over and sell them through the HQ and its DAs now. I saw Dizzy in his videos saying that through your HQ, the DAs are always able to sell, despite the situation of the market. Has that changed? My DAs go off and try to sell from time to time and always come back with the full cargo hold, not being able to sell. I also tried lowering the price, to no avail. Is there a solution to that, without having to dismantle my APC SCHs and having to try to make money by other means? Thanks!
That mechanism was changed in LU 1.6.0 to make players diversify, instead of making a SCH 400 and basically use it to print money. The only thing you can do, short of dismantling your SCHs, is to load up freighters to the gills, send them to a race shipyard and sell the whole thing, cargo and all. It's probably gonna be tedious, and if I remember correctly you'll only get minimum price for your guns, but if you don't want to dismantle your SCHs that's the only remotely viable method I know of.
hubcap wrote:Hi all having a problem. After playing for ages the invading force has stopped and not just stopped invading but stopped moving at all. I can go in one of their sectors and not get attacked. Anyone else had this issue?
First thing you can try is an Export/Import. It will basically reboot the universe, while saving your progress. If the problem is still there, post a savegame in this thread with information about what happens, how to reproduce the problem (if possible), the LU version you're using and mods you have, if any.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

sphr
x4

Post by sphr » Fri, 7. Oct 16, 16:00

lol.. I was thinking more real world...
as in: you may have started the wars... but nobody else has to know you did.... And wars are fought for both political as well as financial reasons....
would be really depressing-interesting if this is possible... l)

well, think it is unlikely. At least in-game, I doubt all AI ship creation uses up actual wares? as in, if some AI generates/builds a ship, does the associated weapons etc get depleted?

ideally, I would think missiles and the like would be best sellers in times of conflicts, no matter the losses. And after losses mount, shields and weapons would be in 'shortage'. Could wage a new kind of war, e.g. you know your main enemies' ship types and methodically proceed to squeeze supply of the shield/weapons down to slow down their military?

eugene171
x3ap

Post by eugene171 » Fri, 7. Oct 16, 16:05

Ships are generated at shipyards fully kitted out, so i don't think that a massive ship loss for a race would increase ware consumption.

And for mass-selling stuff as time-efficiently as possible, load up a TL and sell it to a shipyard. It's not a great option, but it beats nothing and requires little micromanaging

sphr
x4

Post by sphr » Fri, 7. Oct 16, 16:22

On something else not directly related.

Found this almost 10 year old thread I wrote way back. The original idea was a new kind of "non-economy" (whether player or ai) that is modular and not dependent on any single ship or station. It has a lot of coincidental features with the existing (TC/AP) and new (LU) machine factions. The original intent is to allow the player to play a faction that does not need money, or stations. Only thing is that it is probably not so... containable as simply destroying some mothership/spaceyard...

It may not be very feasible 10 years ago, but wonder how feasible the idea would be with the "advances" we have in scripting/modding?

If Litcube ever have time for a new direction... LUV: a new threat? ;)

old story

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 7. Oct 16, 20:25

You've had 10 years, where is it?

mtlmaks
x3ap

Post by mtlmaks » Fri, 7. Oct 16, 20:49

Hi, so I decided to convert some of my APC SCHs to PAC SCHs, since the requirements are the same apart from the food supply stations, so it wouldn't be too difficult. I already removed and sold the food supply stations. Now, is there a way to change the type of an existing SCH? I didn't find where - or do you still have to dismantle it and re-install everything...?

eugene171
x3ap

Post by eugene171 » Fri, 7. Oct 16, 21:32

mtlmaks wrote:Hi, so I decided to convert some of my APC SCHs to PAC SCHs, since the requirements are the same apart from the food supply stations, so it wouldn't be too difficult. I already removed and sold the food supply stations. Now, is there a way to change the type of an existing SCH? I didn't find where - or do you still have to dismantle it and re-install everything...?
there should be a 'reset configuration' option once you've dis-engaged the SCH. Then, just make sure you have enough money and tell a TL to do the SCH shopping for you.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 7. Oct 16, 22:06

mtlmaks wrote:I saw Dizzy in his videos saying that through your HQ, the DAs are always able to sell, despite the situation of the market. Has that changed?
I upgraded to 1.6.0 in that middle of that video series so sometime later in the series I do mention this behavior has changed, I think.

It just forces you to vary your products, go first for the lowest tier weapons, then when that's maxed out, lowest tier shields, then when that's maxed out, second tier weapons and so on. But generally simply having 3 SCH300 complexes of first tier weapons that sell their products fully should provide sufficient money income to start building the complexes to support your fleet (ship building materials first and then move to weapons and shields to equip your fleet). After all the point of the game isn't to become the richest entity in the universe, the objective is to have a fleet capable of beating the main 2 enemies so your economy only needs to support reaching that objective.

Once you start building the infrastructure to support your fleet you'll have a lot of excess products from it which you can also sell for moneys so that's why I don't really think you need many SCHs for money making purposes.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

mtlmaks
x3ap

Post by mtlmaks » Fri, 7. Oct 16, 23:39

memeics wrote:
mtlmaks wrote:I saw Dizzy in his videos saying that through your HQ, the DAs are always able to sell, despite the situation of the market. Has that changed?
I upgraded to 1.6.0 in that middle of that video series so sometime later in the series I do mention this behavior has changed, I think.

It just forces you to vary your products, go first for the lowest tier weapons, then when that's maxed out, lowest tier shields, then when that's maxed out, second tier weapons and so on. But generally simply having 3 SCH300 complexes of first tier weapons that sell their products fully should provide sufficient money income to start building the complexes to support your fleet (ship building materials first and then move to weapons and shields to equip your fleet). After all the point of the game isn't to become the richest entity in the universe, the objective is to have a fleet capable of beating the main 2 enemies so your economy only needs to support reaching that objective.

Once you start building the infrastructure to support your fleet you'll have a lot of excess products from it which you can also sell for moneys so that's why I don't really think you need many SCHs for money making purposes.
Hey Dizzy/memeics.

I watched all your LU series, which is really great and it's what brought me to LU :) I still use it for reference. I don't remember you mentioning that this behavior has changed, but probably it's just me not paying attention at that moment. ;) Anyway, that's ok, and it makes indeed more sense not having it too easy printing the money :p Right now I'm reconfiguring some of my APC SCHs to PAC SCHs, where the market should be bigger since all the other races use them, instead of only the terrans using the APCs. I also have all my shipbuilding complexes done, so I will move on to build other SCHs for the fleet equipment, which will also serve to make money by selling the overstock. All in all I have a lot of fun, and I can't wait to kick some OCV ass! ;) Cheers!
Last edited by mtlmaks on Sat, 8. Oct 16, 01:50, edited 1 time in total.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Sat, 8. Oct 16, 00:42

Awesome, "one more LU victim" :)

Already aiming for the OCV I see, Phanon not pose any challenge anymore?
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

mtlmaks
x3ap

Post by mtlmaks » Sat, 8. Oct 16, 02:13

memeics wrote:Awesome, "one more LU victim" :)

Already aiming for the OCV I see, Phanon not pose any challenge anymore?
Well, it's only the second Phanon subsidiary, Nova, right now. They are still not posing a big challenge, I reguarly kill their traders, but I couldn't take on their home sector with my little Corvette Fleet yet. Now I have a little M7 fleet, will try again soon. I have yet to see them challenge me or my traders outside of their sector. No Hunting Parties or anything else *yaawn* Pirates and Xenon pose a far bigger challenge for now. I should have gone with Phanon Plus I think, but we'll see, maybe future subsidiaries will be more of a challenge. Anyways, still far from being able to take on OCV. But this is definitely what make LU so good, having an end goal to work for. I take it slowely though, not stressed by OCV only being 4 sectors from Bluish Snout. This will just give me even more possibilities to kick their ass and try different tactics in the end game. :)

mtlmaks
x3ap

Post by mtlmaks » Sat, 8. Oct 16, 02:23

eugene171 wrote:
mtlmaks wrote:Hi, so I decided to convert some of my APC SCHs to PAC SCHs, since the requirements are the same apart from the food supply stations, so it wouldn't be too difficult. I already removed and sold the food supply stations. Now, is there a way to change the type of an existing SCH? I didn't find where - or do you still have to dismantle it and re-install everything...?
there should be a 'reset configuration' option once you've dis-engaged the SCH. Then, just make sure you have enough money and tell a TL to do the SCH shopping for you.
Yep, that's it, once everything uninstalled you can reset the SCH. Thanks :) At least I don't have to rebuy the SCH. I do have to rebuy all the stations though, despite beeing the same stations for APC and PAC, apart from the food supply stations - because for the APC those were Terran stations and for the PAC I need Argon stations... :p The thing that kinda sucks though is that you loose the Ore and Silicon astroids and you have to compact and relocate all that yield again.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Sat, 8. Oct 16, 02:28

Note that you can recover most of your station cost by taking the TL with the stations at a shipyard and using the Trade -> Sell Cargo Stations command. Then check the player message log for how much money you got. This is what I often use to upgrade or move my SCHs, first I unload everything, then I deploy the new SCH, then I load everything that they can reuse from the previous SCH and then sell any remaining stations. Last step is to order the TL to "shop SCH" where he goes about his own way to find any remaining necessary stations and take them to the SCH I'm preparing.
[ external image ]

mtlmaks
x3ap

Post by mtlmaks » Sat, 8. Oct 16, 02:41

memeics wrote:Note that you can recover most of your station cost by taking the TL with the stations at a shipyard and using the Trade -> Sell Cargo Stations command. Then check the player message log for how much money you got. This is what I often use to upgrade or move my SCHs, first I unload everything, then I deploy the new SCH, then I load everything that they can reuse from the previous SCH and then sell any remaining stations. Last step is to order the TL to "shop SCH" where he goes about his own way to find any remaining necessary stations and take them to the SCH I'm preparing.
Yep, did all that. :) Except that I couldn't reuse any stations, because, as I said in the other post, they were terran stations and now I need the same, but as Argon stations... :p

wojtasior

Post by wojtasior » Sat, 8. Oct 16, 12:05

hello

for some reason LU files start with numbers 05.cat/dat and leaves gap in 04 , took me all night to figure it out ( who could think about checking that numbers )
after i change 05 to 04 , 06 to 05 .... it looks like it works alright

now is it all ok or that initial number bug means its broken anyway even after my fix ?

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Sat, 8. Oct 16, 12:42

wojtasior wrote:hello

for some reason LU files start with numbers 05.cat/dat and leaves gap in 04 , took me all night to figure it out ( who could think about checking that numbers )
after i change 05 to 04 , 06 to 05 .... it looks like it works alright

now is it all ok or that initial number bug means its broken anyway even after my fix ?
The game files should be 1-4 . If you miss 4 it means your game isn't installed properly. Check the wiki and at the install step select clean install.

Alkaiser
xr

Post by Alkaiser » Sat, 8. Oct 16, 16:22

Sorry if this has been brought up before. I spent some time searching the forums but didn't find anything related to this.

The ATF Logich and Mani appear to have improperly applied textures.

[ external image ]

Also, this is not really related to LU, but why are M5's nearly the same size as M3's in this game? Aren't they supposed to be drastically different sizes? I compared the Discoverer, the Buster, and the Nova. I found that the Nova and Discoverer were about the same size, while the Buster was slightly smaller. Shouldn't M5 be the smallest followed by M4, and then M3 being the largest? I mean... it is just cosmetic, but it still bugs me.

Elsin

Post by Elsin » Sun, 9. Oct 16, 22:34

Hallo guys
I have question,i play LU for some time now 2 days-7 hours on clok,have 3/4 of the universe visited,and i dont see almost any action insted of some pirates attack thier border sectors and only one xenon M7 in one of split sectors,insted of that nothing else happen.Universe looks pretty static and game become extremaly bored.I read abaut you need fleet to defend your self,mega invasions,sector teakeover..weare is that?Meaby i chose wrong game start?I chose Ultralight only because i whant start from scratch{ M5 and 16k credits},i see two more moderate and advenced,this other two change anything or only difrence is more ships and cash?
I use only cockpit mod for LU nothing else .Anyone can advice me how to play this mod,what do do to meake universe alive like in XRM?
Ps.I dont build anything yet i just fly around maping the universe and doing missions,have 3 UTs and few other ships,just to be clear.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 10. Oct 16, 10:37

Elsin wrote:Hallo guys
I have question,i play LU for some time now 2 days-7 hours on clok,have 3/4 of the universe visited,and i dont see almost any action insted of some pirates attack thier border sectors and only one xenon M7 in one of split sectors,insted of that nothing else happen.
That's odd. Usually you get frequent incursions from pirates and Xenon, and especially sectors bordering on pirate or Xenon sectors tend to see almost constant fighter incursions sprinkled with larger fleets at least once or twice an hour. Drop an advanced satellite in known conflict areas, like Elena's Fortune, Atreus' Clouds, Split Fire or Jupiter 3, SETA for an hour or so and see if anything shows up. Jupiter 3 in particular has seen almost constant action in all my games, so if you don't see any there might be something wrong with your install.
Elsin wrote:Universe looks pretty static and game become extremaly bored.I read abaut you need fleet to defend your self,mega invasions,sector teakeover..weare is that?
Only the OCV take over sectors in vanilla LU, and they are located in the far east of the map. They expand very slowly though, and will take about two ingame weeks to breach Bluish Snout. You should have gotten two messages at the very start of the game, one warning you about the Phanon Corporation and one telling you that the Boron are scouting the OCV starting sector, which signals their arrival in your universe. If you haven't gotten any of those, something is definitely wrong. The common followup question is then if you followed the installation instructions to a tee. In LU this is particularly important, since it changes almost the entire game and even one tiny glitch can screw up everything.
Elsin wrote:Meaby i chose wrong game start?I chose Ultralight only because i whant start from scratch{ M5 and 16k credits},i see two more moderate and advenced,this other two change anything or only difrence is more ships and cash?
That shouldn't change anything. As you mentioned, the only difference is the type and number of ships you get, and the amount of cash you start with.
Elsin wrote:I use only cockpit mod for LU nothing else .Anyone can advice me how to play this mod,what do do to meake universe alive like in XRM?
Ps.I dont build anything yet i just fly around maping the universe and doing missions,have 3 UTs and few other ships,just to be clear.
You could always have a look at the mod section. I use Revelation Plus and Phanon Plus, which bolster the two main enemies in LU significantly, and especially with Phanon Plus they will start hunting you and your assets about two days in. It does have a bug that will sometimes cause the main script to hang, but that can usually be fixed by doing an Export/Import.

With that said, LU is all about the long haul, where you build a massive empire and an equally massive fleet, and then wipe out your enemies. If you want frantic battles and lots of life, then LU may not be your thing.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

tc1961
x3tc

New install from scratch 3 times-LU wiki install method-starts orginal version

Post by tc1961 » Mon, 10. Oct 16, 19:57

I'm first assuming after the install and file patching I would see something to indicate the Litcube version of the game, which I'm not, looks like original version.

I followed the "clean install" directions to a T
I followed directions "A" since I've never even played the game yet on steam

1. I copied the files from the steam version to a folder in the root of C
2. I got a CD key so I could download the non steam exe and got the file
3. I copied the no steam exe to the new folder
4. I created the language-44 shortcut
5. I copied the main mod file version 171 to the new directory
6. I copied the patch version 172
7. I copied the soundtrack file
8. I copied the UI File

I started the game but I don't get the menu I see on youtube videos, All I get is the option to play a modified game in addition to the normal game options., is that the same timg(I don't think so).

The other thing is I have a bunch of .pck files in my addons/scripts directory, but I've never run the game and I never even knew the game could be modified. Those .pck files are in my steam version location addons /scripts directory also.

When this did not work, I deleted everything and redownloaded the game and tried it again. The same thing, then one more time. I'm not sure where to go from here. Seems like steam is still in the new game folder for some reason. What about the "steam_api.dll" file that came along to the new folder when I copied the game from the steam game location?

I know I'm not this stupid, but I followed the directions to the letter 3 times.
What do those .pck files mean as far as a broken installation, that's the only evidence I have that my install fails besides not being able to see litcube game menu.

Edit: Merged with LU thread, as per S&M posting rules. X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by tc1961 on Mon, 10. Oct 16, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”